Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

You are the FLYING CLAWS. You must use WARPLOCK BRONZE, CALEDOR SKY, and KHORNE RED. You are banned from using LEADBELCHER, JOKAERO ORANGE, and CERAMITE WHITE.
Eh, not feeling the name, can I get a reroll on it please? Will keep the colours though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Well I haven't touched him in a bit so my Furious Vindicator is done, way back in the thread somewhere.

The chapter is dealing with the shame of having worlds they oversaw fall to Xenos infiltrators. They changed their colors to blend in with the night and embarked on a self-imposed guerilla crusade to destroy the Xenos and recapture their planets for the Imperium.

Used Waagh Flesh and Abaddon Black to cover their night camo armor.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

Beerdeer posted:

Well I haven't touched him in a bit so my Furious Vindicator is done, way back in the thread somewhere.

The chapter is dealing with the shame of having worlds they oversaw fall to Xenos infiltrators. They changed their colors to blend in with the night and embarked on a self-imposed guerilla crusade to destroy the Xenos and recapture their planets for the Imperium.

Used Waagh Flesh and Abaddon Black to cover their night camo armor.

Is there meant to be images here?

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
It's back in the thread somewhere but :effort:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Groetgaffel posted:

Eh, not feeling the name, can I get a reroll on it please? Will keep the colours though.

You are the SAVAGE HOUNDS.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

That I can work with.
My box of space mans arrived today, I just built a guy, gonna brainstorm some schemes tomorrow at work.

E: The old Tin Bitz is close enough to use as a substitute for Warplock Bronze, right? I have a pot of the former, don't own the latter.

E2:VVVVVV :cheers:

Groetgaffel fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Sep 28, 2017

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Groetgaffel posted:

That I can work with.
My box of space mans arrived today, I just built a guy, gonna brainstorm some schemes tomorrow at work.

E: The old Tin Bitz is close enough to use as a substitute for Warplock Bronze, right? I have a pot of the former, don't own the latter.

Absolutely. It's a guideline, not a law.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Hey man Beer, I just wanted to say thanks.
Both for indulging me and coming back to this thread after no new posts for two or three weeks, and for setting all this up in the first place.

I had not done any hobby stuff for over a year, and this is what inspired me to pick up a brush again.
I just sat down a while after work today, and now there's just highlights, some cleaning up, and final touches left on my Savage Hound.
I don't think I've felt as inspired to paint in at least half a decade, so again, thank you! :yayclod:

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Shameless double post:
:frogsiren:The Great Goon Chapter Challenge complete!:frogsiren:

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

You are the FLYING CLAWS SAVAGE HOUNDS. You must use WARPLOCK BRONZE, CALEDOR SKY, and KHORNE RED. You are banned from using LEADBELCHER, JOKAERO ORANGE, and CERAMITE WHITE.

Created by Belisarius Cawl in the Ultima Founding, the Savage Hounds are an Imperial Fists successor Chapter*.
Like their namesakes, the hunting hounds of ancient Terra would herd prey into the hunter's sights, a squad of Savage hounds relentlessly advance on their foes pouring continuous fire into them, all the while in conjunction with other squads doing the same thing herds their enemies into killzones where they are rapidly cut apart in a savage crossfire.
While they are effective, the Savage Hounds are also absolutely ruthless. Anyone foolish enough to not give the Savage Hounds a wide berth might find themselves as the target of the Hounds's fire, civilians and allies alike.
These unfortunate souls typically have two choices; be cut down where they stand, or find that all their attempts of avoiding the incoming fire has pushed them into the killzone where they share their last breaths with the enemies of Mankind.
Even those capable of reaching the Savage Hounds over vox usually have little luck getting out alive. Once the targets are in their sights and a killzone have been designated, the Hounds will not stop their advance until either the last foe dies, or they themselves do.

Archmagos Dominus Cawl vehemently denies that the chapter's ruthless tactics and apparent inability to differentiate ally from enemy in the heat of combat is because of any tampering of his. And especially not because of any experimental cybernetic aggression amplifiers based on ancient, and forbidden, archeotech.

*Or so the official records claim.

If you haven't figured it out from the three clues on the model itself, or the heavy hinting in the description yet, the idea here is that these dudes are actually made from World Eaters geneseed. Between Khorne Red and the World Eaters' pre-Angron name being the War Hounds, this was the clear path for me to take.

Now, on to pictures! Click for large.
My apologies for the picture quality, even with some paper covering my work light the light is still a bit too harsh, and that is hiding a bit of the highlights.

This is my first time ever painting a marine, and also my first time trying to freehand anything.
In addition, this is the first thing I've painted in close to a year. It felt real nice to just do a fun one-off.

Groetgaffel fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Sep 30, 2017

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Welcome aboard, fellow not-traitor-geneseed-honest Chapter :)

OptimusWang
Jul 9, 2007

Groetgaffel posted:

This is my first time ever painting a marine, and also my first time trying to freehand anything.
In addition, this is the first thing I've painted in close to a year. It felt real nice to just do a fun one-off.

He looks awesome!

I finally got around to basing mine, so I guess the STEALTH SCARS are complete as well:

...now I just have to explain to my wife why there's the Dark Imperium box + 4 other boxes of space marines on my workbench :v:

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

OptimusWang posted:

He looks awesome!

I finally got around to basing mine, so I guess the STEALTH SCARS are complete as well:

...now I just have to explain to my wife why there's the Dark Imperium box + 4 other boxes of space marines on my workbench :v:
Thanks dude! Yours looks ace (but drill that barrel)!
I'm glad I don't have any interest in playing marines, my Guard backlog is stupid big as is.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
I finally got some pics of Sargent Lucius of the OZONE SKULLS to post up.

Created as part of the Ultima Founding the Ozone Skulls are an Ultramarines Successor that have been charged with guarding the Ozone Vault, deep within their fortress Monastery Ozone Mountain on the Planet Ozone III within the Ozone Segmentus. What vile artifact resides within the Ozone Vault is a secret held only by the Chapter Master Titus Marius who rules the Ozone sector from the Ozone Throne.

It's hard to see in the pics but this guy's armor is a dark metalic blue, I was trying to go for a deep purple metallic since I read that's what color liquid ozone is but I couldn't get it to work our right. I used Reper Tarnished Copper instead of Screaming Bell as the base for the Aquila on his chest.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Groetgaffel posted:

Hey man Beer, I just wanted to say thanks.
Both for indulging me and coming back to this thread after no new posts for two or three weeks, and for setting all this up in the first place.

I had not done any hobby stuff for over a year, and this is what inspired me to pick up a brush again.
I just sat down a while after work today, and now there's just highlights, some cleaning up, and final touches left on my Savage Hound.
I don't think I've felt as inspired to paint in at least half a decade, so again, thank you! :yayclod:

Happy to do it! This thread resulted in a new chapter for me that's a lot of fun to paint, so I am glad to help others.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
I painted a gimmick unit for my Deathwatch, and I needed a bunch of generic Chapters to use for them, so I thought that if I can't participate otherwise, I'll do it like this!

Rainbow Scars, Striking Sisters, Star Justicars, Ice Saints, Regal Skulls

Light Redeemers, Stealth Avengers, Iron Hippos, Cryptic Justicars, Ultima Manticores (sorry, you're no longer Salamanders but Ultramarines!_

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

MasterSlowPoke posted:

I painted a gimmick unit for my Deathwatch, and I needed a bunch of generic Chapters to use for them, so I thought that if I can't participate otherwise, I'll do it like this!

Light Redeemers, Stealth Avengers, Iron Hippos, Cryptic Justicars, Ultima Manticores (sorry, you're no longer Salamanders but Ultramarines!_

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

MasterSlowPoke posted:

This is a cool and good idea which I approve of and am tempted to copy if/when I ever get around to working on my own Deathwatch.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
That's amazing and awesome.

Science Rocket
Sep 4, 2006

Putting the Flash in Flash Man
I forgot to reply a while ago. Since I didn't go hardcore mode I instead asked myself what colors have I had trouble with in the past, so here's my attempt at a SIEGE DOG

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
That's a badass looking scheme.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Beautiful.

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!

Chiwie posted:

Needs more gold regal-ness.

Edit:

Looking at this for BATTLE SLAYERS. Mandatory colour is going on the gun casing/tacticool pouches. Problem is that there is no way in hell I can freehand an eagle for the shoulder pad, anyone got a link to a shoulder pad that looks like this:

And done! Took forever for me to figure out what to do with the shoulder badge.

Brother Chamberlain, Battle Slayers M42.

The Battle Slayers are a fleet based Salamander successor. The chapter operates as a rapid response force to brewing conflicts, favouring rapid leadership decapitation of anti imperial elements. The chapter has gained notoriety after a Battle Slayer's fleet, lead battle barge Repentless drop podded the chapter enmass in response to the Chaos cell "eyes of the insane" engineering a slave's revolt on on the planet of Araya.

Some imperial elements, namely Tiberious Rex of the Swords Of Davion, characterised the Battle Slayer's use of brute force as excessive, even for astartes. Chapter Master Bostaph responded that he would rather paint a "world in blood than doom a planet to spend even a single season on the abyss".

Despite the criticism, the chapter enjoys support and favour from forgeworld Metallica, with Battle Slayer and Metallica forces frequently supporting each other on campaign.

MasterSlowPoke posted:

^That is so bloody awesome.

Chiwie fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Nov 16, 2017

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Chiwie posted:

And done! Took forever for me to figure out what to do with the shoulder badge.

Brother Chamberlain, Battle Slayers M42.

The Battle Slayers are a fleet based Salamander successor. The chapter operates as a rapid response force to brewing conflicts, favouring rapid leadership decapitation of anti imperial elements. The chapter has gained notoriety after a Battle Slayer's fleet, lead battle barge Repentless drop podded the chapter enmass in response to the Chaos cell "eyes of the insane" engineering a slave's revolt on on the planet of Araya.

Some imperial elements, namely Tiberious Rex of the Swords Of Davion, characterised the Battle Slayer's use of brute force as excessive, even for astartes. Chapter Master Bostaph responded that he would rather paint a "world in blood than doom a planet to spend even a single season on the abyss".

Despite the criticism, the chapter enjoys support and favour from forgeworld Metallica, with Battle Slayer and Metallica forces frequently supporting each other on campaign.

^That is so bloody awesome.

Awesome job man. I love this thread.

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Mr. Helsbecter will you please stop shooting I am on the phone

Hit me with a chapter name, I want a project for over thanksgiving. I've been painting Infinity for so long that I want to do something big.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Under 15 posted:

Hit me with a chapter name, I want a project for over thanksgiving. I've been painting Infinity for so long that I want to do something big.

You are the THUNDER JAGUARS.

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

You are the THUNDER JAGUARS.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
Hey I have an idea, since this challenge seems to have lost steam maybe we should do a new one. This time we pick a single crazy name and everyone has to paint their own version of it.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Bucnasti posted:

Hey I have an idea, since this challenge seems to have lost steam maybe we should do a new one. This time we pick a single crazy name and everyone has to paint their own version of it.

Just lol if you think someone can paint a single Rainbow Adder in less than several months.

:smith: Hopefully I can finish it after exams

WhollyChao
Jul 16, 2005

Stand Up Or Give Up
Hey, get me a chapter when you have the chance! I'd love to have the mandatory/restricted color thing too. Makes it a bit of a challenge.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

New challenge - a single chapter is created, everyone gets given a random allocated unit to paint and we all send our submission to GW as a display army.

The fighting barracudas will be the pride of warhammer world. Bad luck to the goon who draws 'warlord titan' out of the assignment hat.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

WhollyChao posted:

Hey, get me a chapter when you have the chance! I'd love to have the mandatory/restricted color thing too. Makes it a bit of a challenge.

You are the FURIOUS FOXES. You must use MEPHISTON RED and are banned from using ABADDON BLACK.

WhollyChao
Jul 16, 2005

Stand Up Or Give Up
Here's one Furious Fox painted over the weekend! Went with Mephiston basecoat, highlighted orange. I just used Mechanicus Standard and Rhinox Hide where I would have used Abaddon Black normally, which is great because I hate painting black. Also decided to try out a little OSL since I've never done it before and it's just the one guy!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
That's awesome.

WhollyChao
Jul 16, 2005

Stand Up Or Give Up

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

That's awesome.

Thanks! He was fun to paint and sort of challenge myself to paint a model all in one sitting since I normally take forever.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Finally getting off my rear end and putting up some pictures of my GGCC space potato. I was assigned the Imperial Falcons, and had to use Ratskin Flesh but could not use XV-88. I present to you Brother Jazzcup.

I hosed up the lighting hard by cranking it up too much and the model looks blotchy in the photos whereas it doesn't in real life, but I am way too lazy/annoyed to go back and do it again.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Looks great!

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
I have a new big blue boy.

I'm taking this challenge on HARD MODE with a restriction and a requirement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
You are the DANCING DESTROYERS. You must use RETRIBUTOR ARMOUR and are banned from using KANTOR BLUE.

• Locked thread