Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Strobe posted:

I feel like I would like B a lot more if you got rid of the giant orange codpiece.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Here's my first draft of the Diamond Slayers. Trying to go for a gem-like coloring with the daemonette hide but idk what I'm doing. My required color is Rakarth Flesh, on the shoulder trim and skull/aquila

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Munchables posted:

Here's my first draft of the Diamond Slayers. Trying to go for a gem-like coloring with the daemonette hide but idk what I'm doing. My required color is Rakarth Flesh, on the shoulder trim and skull/aquila

Why not have Rakarth flesh as the main color, with deanonette hide as trim?

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

OhDearGodNo posted:

Why not have Rakarth flesh as the main color, with deanonette hide as trim?

I like the kinda light pink of the daemonette because I wanna go for that gem look. I'm not familiar with most of the colors since I'm super new to the hobby still.

Bachtere
Sep 25, 2005

09/13/07

Never Forget

Pillbug
Hit me up, make it hard.

Mr.Fuzzywig
Dec 13, 2006
I play too much Supcom
Gimmie some delicious space barbie army. Hard mode is the only mode

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

gently caress yes.

Hard mode me right from the rip.

You are the SCREAMING RAPTORS. You must use AVERLAND SUNSET and are banned from using CALEDOR SKY.

Bachtere posted:

Hit me up, make it hard.

You are the ICE OWLS. You must use DRYAD BARK and are banned from using BALTHASAR GOLD.

Mr.Fuzzywig posted:

Gimmie some delicious space barbie army. Hard mode is the only mode

You are the ULTRA LORDS. You must use NAGGAROTH NIGHT and are banned from using KANTOR BLUE.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
The Frenzied Skulls are a White Scars successor chapter.

Healers with their left hands, killers with their right.

GreenMarine fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Jul 18, 2017

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

GreenMarine posted:

The Frenzied Skulls are a White Scars successor chapter.

Healers with their left hands, killers with their right.

:krad:

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
some preliminary schemes for the death slayers :black101:

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
My STORM DESTROYERS, using (metallic) McCragge Blue.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo

Hamshot posted:

It's modern and old school at the same time. I like it.

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.

Chapter me plz.

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Hamshot posted:

This is awesome and reminds me if some thunder warriors conversions I saw.

Mr.Fuzzywig
Dec 13, 2006
I play too much Supcom

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

You are the ULTRA LORDS. You must use NAGGAROTH NIGHT and are banned from using KANTOR BLUE.

Ultra Lords? AND i have to use purple? its like it wants a chapter of jimmy neutron space marines.

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Mr.Fuzzywig posted:

Ultra Lords? AND i have to use purple? its like it wants a chapter of jimmy neutron space marines.

HOLY poo poo YES

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Yo I'm the Iron Hippos, hard mode me (and keep in mind my own self-restriction against using Kantor Blue, primary colour of 90% of my dudes)

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Should there be automatic rerolls for cases where you roll up an actual chapter name? Storm Bringers already exist - http://warhammer40kfanon.wikia.com/wiki/Storm_Bringers

I feel it makes the challenge too easy if you wind up with a canon chapter which already has a colour scheme :)

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
That's not a canon chapter, check the URL.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug
Hit me up with HARD MODE please.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

rumble in the bunghole posted:

That's not a canon chapter, check the URL.

Hmm... I'm sure there was a canon Storm Bringers chapter, didn't notice the site. Maybe I'm getting it mixed up with another chapter?

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Zark the Damned posted:

Hmm... I'm sure there was a canon Storm Bringers chapter, didn't notice the site. Maybe I'm getting it mixed up with another chapter?

I think you're thinking of the Storm Wardens, from the RPG. I was making the same association.

This scheme is rad.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm down to participate, IN HARD MODE.

Zark the Damned posted:

Are you thinking of the Storm Lords?

Zuul the Cat fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Jul 18, 2017

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I guess it's just a popular name online and I picked it up from somewhere. I guess Storm is just a neat part of a Chapter name.

I found a colour scheme for you though:

Hummingbird James
Jan 3, 2013
I quickly did a basecoat for my STRIKING MEDUSA INTERCESSOR, it needs tidying up and to be photographed by something other than a potato, but what do you guys think?

FromTheShire
Feb 19, 2005

Panzers on Russian soil, Thunder in the east.
One million men at war,
The Soviet wrath unleashed
First pass at some possible schemes for the SCREECHING SONS

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Vigilant Foxes scheme:

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

You are the SCREAMING RAPTORS. You must use AVERLAND SUNSET and are banned from using CALEDOR SKY.

:syoon:

This is going to be really fun.

FOR THE EMPRAH.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
Provisional Astral Golem scheme

The name suggests a primarily stone grey scheme, and the dark brown I rolled gives a good colour for joints, pipes and chest eagle. Helmet and pads then need to be bright for contrast, and can reflect the starlight theme of the name, hence the yellow.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

TKIY posted:

Vigilant Foxes scheme:

This is good, but maybe put in some red or yellow to make it a little more foxy? Otherwise may come across as the Halloween Patrol.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

TKIY posted:

Vigilant Foxes scheme:
You forgot the traditional pelt worn by veterans:

Seriously though, I do like the scheme - you've reflected the colors well without being garish. Did you happen to try just black hands? There isn't a lot of differentiation with the forearms, but that might just be due to the image. I'm sure there will be some good delineation in painting.

Astral Krakens scheme:

Iconography:

I found the logo on a search for inspiration - all my krakens were coming out like dongs with tentacles. It was listed as clip art ("Tribal kraken tattoo") but I can't find it linked to any artist. I'm kind of torn about using it, even though this is really just a one-time thing...

I also tried a lot of "A" combined with tentacles, but everything looked like Alpha Legion. :(

Comedy option:

berzerkmonkey fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Jul 18, 2017

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
The Astral Krakens are the chapter I'm most jealous of. That scheme looks awesome too.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

TKIY posted:

Vigilant Foxes scheme:

I think you nailed the look of a Red Fox pretty well.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

berzerkmonkey posted:

Astral Krakens scheme:

Iconography:

This is so good it should be your new army

But would they really be loyalists?

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Zaphod42 posted:

I honestly considered that. I'll have to see how the test model comes out - those tentacles are going to be a pain, as is the icon.

As for loyalty, who's to say?

They could be a SW descendant chapter or something. But yeah, the tentacles are very Alpha Legion, and the Kraken might get a raised eyebrow from the Inquisition, considering the Hive Fleet incursions and GSC uprisings.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo

Zaphod42 posted:

Sounds like an Alpha Legion successor started by Cawl.

berzerkmonkey posted:

As for loyalty, who's to say?

Exactly. Alpha Legion successor.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Zuul the Cat posted:

I think you nailed the look of a Red Fox pretty well.

Yup, that's what I was going for. I'll have to use Ratkin Flesh as a highlight tone. That's all I can think of.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

TKIY posted:

Yup, that's what I was going for. I'll have to use Ratkin Flesh as a highlight tone. That's all I can think of.

Ratskin Flesh actually does make a pretty perfect highlight for oranges.

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

What would be a better scheme for my DIAMOND SLAYERS? I wanna have a gem look to em, but I couldn't figure out what paints would get that across.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Get some pearlescent medium?

• Locked thread