Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.
Intent to enter post.

I technically already did one, but I want a Goon™ one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

You are the BLOOD VIPERS.

:black101::black101::black101:

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

No time limit.

You are the SANGUINE COBRAS.

Zaphod42 posted:

Hahaha sweet.

Hello fellow <haemoglobin> <reptile>

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

What's the position on conversions? As long as it's still reasonably 1x Intercessor dude, all's good?

For example, people can headswap / add cool shoulder pads / pouches / detail provided at it's core it's still just a dude?

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Not feeling either of those, so hit me with another! Also I need two numbers, both between 1 and 37. First number decides what color base I do use, second number decides the one I can't.

Number gen used: http://numbergenerator.org/randomnumberbetween1and37

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

We'll neen a collected entrant list in the OP to see everyone's final Chapters.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Munchables posted:

Can I reroll that name because it's lame as fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck
Also, the colors, does the whole pallette have to revolve around that color or does it jist have to be included somewhere?

Must be used in some reasonable way. Doesn't have to be PRIMARY COLOR but would at least need to be a featured accent.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Can't wait to see the first full army born from this challenge.

BLOOD VIPERS is pretty drat tempting.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Getting a doofy name is an opportunity to double down and produce gold.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

TyrantSabre posted:

Surprise, heretics.

++ THE RAINBOW COBRAS ++

++ COLORS ++

++ HERALDRY ++

Owns

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

You are the SAVAGE BARRACUDAS. You must use SCREAMER PINK and are banned from using THE FANG.

Shoulda stuck with WAR HORNETS kiddo, name was awesome

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I feel like keeping a list of abandoned names and allowing people to claim them.

Absolutely should be done. Orphaned chapters need homes!

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

mango sentinel posted:

Can I get a reroll on my name if I'm hard mode out the gate?

Only if you are a big dork who can't appreciate how good SHADOW CHAMPIONS is as a name

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Aleth posted:

Here's where I am at with the Cryptic Justicars and their colours of Ratskin Flesh and zero Bugman's Glow:

Could do with a bit of neatening up and some kind of heraldry but Papa Nurgle saw fit to bless me this weekend so this'll do for now.

Color me surprised that ratskin flesh looks that good

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

JBP posted:

Why are people rerolling the badass names?

Because people are scared of the awesome, and would rather roll something safe like DOOM BRINGERS or DEATH TEMPLARS or SCARLET MAULERS

It's disappointing to say the least

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Corrode posted:

Dropped into the Bath GW to pick up some paint and I asked the guy about the single Primaris magazine. Sorry no, we're sold out. No, we don't have the 3-dude set either, sorry.

Then as I'm paying the guy says 'hey, I have a single Primaris for you' and just turns around and picks a sprue out of a box. Thanks for doing me a solid, unknown GW staffer - the Iron Hippos ride!

How sweet does free stuff from gw taste

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Getting there. Not done, but getting there.

Really wondering if a gold collar would equate to regal as gently caress

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

I am the blu tac man.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

professor_curly posted:

Brawling Company

Siiiick.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Bombogenesis posted:

It is boring and not goofy enough for my tastes :colbert:

YOU are boring and not goofy enough for my tastes

That name owns and is dorky as hell

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The Regal Skulls were the result of an experiment Belisarius Cawl conducted near the end of the development of the Primaris marines. The intent was to create a legion of pariahs; anti-psykers like those of the Sisters of Silence or the Culexis Assassin Temple capable of blocking the warp. If successful the Regal Skulls would be the pinnacle of Cawl's work; the ultimate defense against psykers, Chaos, and the Immaterium itself. Unfortunately the project was not successful as Cawl was unable to capture the quintessence that defines a pariah. Even the Adeptus Mechanicus are incapable of engineering the soul. What Cawl did produce was a Chapter that was more warp resistant than other Primaris and less susceptible to the uncomfortable effects of being in close proximity to Pariahs. The Ordo Hereticus, seeing the value in such a warrior, requested a chapter and the Regal Skulls were formed. As a small, specialized Chapter Regal Skulls rarely perform independent operations or campaigns. Instead they are typically found alongside the Inquisition, providing support for other psyker-focused forces against threats that may be outside their capabilities.

Yessss. Looks brilliant.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

tallkidwithglasses posted:

Given the Heresy-era experience the Raven Guard had with rapidly cloned reinforcements, they and their successors have been a little reluctant to employ bigly marines en masse within existing chapters. A large proportion of their allocation was re-founded in new chapters, such as the DANCING RAPTORS.

The Dancing Raptors were first deployed to the feral jungle worlds of the Nublar system, where they assisted the eccentric local governor in establishing a number of colonies on previously unconquered planets. However, these colonies have suffered from prolonged conflict with the xenos species of the system, and the Dancing Raptors have been embroiled in a prolonged guerilla war against a variety of savage and predatory alien.

Lt Muldoon in action on Nublar V

All apologies to Buffalo Chicken for this one.

Clever girl.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

prototype14 posted:

WIP time!
I got my lantern off the Knight Azyros kit, because it sounded like a fantastic thing to replace a pointy-hand with, and sprayed the entire guy yellow:

Time for a bit more of a highlight and tidy up with some more detail!

Everything about this is rad as gently caress.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Oh My God

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I made some tweaks based on the feedback. Mostly I redid the base to add more cracks, and also redid the decals now that I have a better idea of how to do them.

Now I get to make an army!

How;'d you do the decals?

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

prototype14 posted:

Following on from some rad feedback regarding the lantern bearer, I present the Light Redeemers Primaris Captain

Equipped with a Master-crafted Stalker Bolt Rifle, Bolt Pistol, Power Sword and the Lantern of the Unforgiven.

A Dark Angels successor chapter from the Ultima founding, the Light Redeemers take no residence on the mobile fortress-monastery known as The Rock, nor do they don the traditional dark colours of their pre-founding bretheren. Sworn to purging heresy and to continue the search and purgation of The Fallen. Even though knowledge of the Fallen is withheld from the majority of the Dark Angels and their successor chapters, high ranking members of the Light Redeemers are informed about Fallen activities and deployed as a secret strike force where deploying the Ravenwing or Deathwing is not covert enough.

Without the need for Chaplains, the Light Redeemers use variations on the specially crafted Lantern of the Unforgiven that glow with an eerie pale blue light when in the vicinity of heretics and traitors. Much like the Dark Angels, the Light Redeemers are also notoriously intolerant of non-humans and mutants, even those like Squats, Ogryns or Ratlings who are considered benevolent by the Imperium of Man; even refusing to fight alongside them

Colours
Averland Sunset
Reikland Fleshshade
Yriel Yellow
Eshin Grey
Kantor Blue
Calgar Blue
Ceramite White
Rakarth Flesh
Retributor Armour
Leadbelcher
Balthazar Gold

Yessss

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Hello everyone. A Cock Shaped Fruit here, you may know me from the quoted post in the OP.

Much like the OP says, my local game store was the genesis of the chapter challenge, so here is a post of some of the entries so far:

The 'Sons of Stygia' were a veto-d name, he reserved the right to choose his own name. *shrug*

The rest, in order:
  • War Brothers
  • Regal Consuls
  • Iron Hawks
  • Doom Templars (I love this one)
  • Sapphire Angels

Where's my entry? I'm a dickhead that didn't leave it in the display case.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

OptimusWang posted:

I need some help with the STEALTH SCARS.

Baby's first space marine!

Decided to try my new Scale75 colors and learned that Baal Crimson is actually pink.

Welp, since the color names don't make any sense I'll hit it with Hastur Purple, then highlight again with the pink.

Much better. Next I blocked in some colors and was pretty happy:

This is where I need help. For the stealth effect, I tried to do a lightning bolt thing to break up the cloak-to-red transition. I've never done one of these before, and it ended up being harder then I thought.

On the back and shoulder I changed from a single hard line to a multiple forks, thinking it might help, but... meh.

Any advice or tips so I can wrap this guy up?

Honestly this is looking pretty baller so far.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Beerdeer posted:

Well I haven't touched him in a bit so my Furious Vindicator is done, way back in the thread somewhere.

The chapter is dealing with the shame of having worlds they oversaw fall to Xenos infiltrators. They changed their colors to blend in with the night and embarked on a self-imposed guerilla crusade to destroy the Xenos and recapture their planets for the Imperium.

Used Waagh Flesh and Abaddon Black to cover their night camo armor.

Is there meant to be images here?

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

MasterSlowPoke posted:

I painted a gimmick unit for my Deathwatch, and I needed a bunch of generic Chapters to use for them, so I thought that if I can't participate otherwise, I'll do it like this!

Rainbow Scars, Striking Sisters, Star Justicars, Ice Saints, Regal Skulls

Light Redeemers, Stealth Avengers, Iron Hippos, Cryptic Justicars, Ultima Manticores (sorry, you're no longer Salamanders but Ultramarines!_

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

New challenge - a single chapter is created, everyone gets given a random allocated unit to paint and we all send our submission to GW as a display army.

The fighting barracudas will be the pride of warhammer world. Bad luck to the goon who draws 'warlord titan' out of the assignment hat.

• Locked thread