Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«106 »
MAKE NO BABBYS
Jan 28, 2010

Liquid Cannibalism posted:

Those peanuts need to come out of the business' pocket, not the cooks.

Please just shell out for a commercial waffle iron. It'll cost you as much as replacing two of those Cuisanarts and run for decades, with an added bonus of not stripping nonstick into the food. Vegelene's the stuff we used to use, looking it up it's the same as Waffle-off.

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/ca...v/382WBS46.html

Same, only when you need to melt an ounce of chocolate to pipe on something and gently caress cleaning a double boiler for that.

Just put it in a metal mixing bowl on a warm stove or over the pilot light or near a salamander or an oven or a dehydrator or over the line or over/near a pot that’s cooking something? poo poo, I could put it on the top of my high temp glassware washed and probably have a few oz melted by the time I ran two loads of glasses through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004

GBS sucks but this avatar is pretty great.

MAKE NO BABBYS posted:

Just put it in a metal mixing bowl on a warm stove or over the pilot light or near a salamander or an oven or a dehydrator or over the line or over/near a pot that’s cooking something? poo poo, I could put it on the top of my high temp glassware washed and probably have a few oz melted by the time I ran two loads of glasses through.

His complaint was cleaning a bowl...

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

pile of brown posted:

If you have a dirty bowl, just boil 32oz of coke with 1 cup salt, pour mixture back in to a to go cup (labeled with the date and your coworker’s name and no lid, natch) then hand bowl off to the dishwasher without saying anything. Clean as new!

MAKE NO BABBYS
Jan 28, 2010

pile of brown posted:

... what would you be microwaving it in if not a bowl of some sort that would then need to be cleaned?

Liquid Cannibalism
Mar 9, 2004

Delicious and Nutritious

Fun Shoe

Bakery. 1/2oz finely chopped 60% chocolate in a small microwave-safe measuring up at half power for 15-20 seconds, stir then scrape into paper twist for piping, snip end, done. Dishes take an additional 30 seconds.

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012

Chef De Cuisinart posted:

Microwave is the best way to fry herbs tho
It's like the dunning kruger effect of microwaves. Kids use them for everything growing up, develop taste and realize they were doing it wrong and swear it off entirely, then eventually they have to make a fried basil garnish and get humbled by the microwave. It's good, you just need to understand it more than "it dries it out" to utilize it properly.

iospace
Apr 20, 2020

Fun Shoe

Question, are you allowed to tell someone their "emotional support animal" is not allowed?

Liquid Cannibalism
Mar 9, 2004

Delicious and Nutritious

Fun Shoe

iospace posted:

Question, are you allowed to tell someone their "emotional support animal" is not allowed?

Check your local laws, but generally yes. Registered service animals are different than emotional support animals, and are protected by law under the Americans With Disabilities Act.

The ADA has specific requirements for what makes a service animal.

quote:

Service animals are defined as dogs that are individually trained to do work or perform tasks for people with disabilities. Examples of such work or tasks include guiding people who are blind, alerting people who are deaf, pulling a wheelchair, alerting and protecting a person who is having a seizure, reminding a person with mental illness to take prescribed medications, calming a person with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) during an anxiety attack, or performing other duties. Service animals are working animals, not pets. The work or task a dog has been trained to provide must be directly related to the person’s disability. Dogs whose sole function is to provide comfort or emotional support do not qualify as service animals under the ADA.

This definition does not affect or limit the broader definition of “assistance animal” under the Fair Housing Act or the broader definition of “service animal” under the Air Carrier Access Act.

Some State and local laws also define service animal more broadly than the ADA does. Information about such laws can be obtained from the State attorney general’s office.

https://www.ada.gov/service_animals_2010.htm

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Liquid Cannibalism posted:

Those peanuts need to come out of the business' pocket, not the cooks.

yeah, i'm not sure where i suggested otherwise?

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

My whole life just flashed before my eyes! Dude, I sleep a lot.

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

yeah, i'm not sure where i suggested otherwise?

You asked "what the gently caress?" And he's answering. His boss almost certainly gives no shits about him.

My boss cares more about getting cheap carpet over the fact that it's near leafy camouflage and we have irregular height stairs that people keep falling down/up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Man and his Hog
Jun 26, 2018

Lmao who puts carpet in a restaurant.

Woof.

«106 »