Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«126 »
pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004

GBS sucks but this avatar is pretty great.

Republicans posted:

Yeah that's what I've been doing, but the harshest degreaser we have is simple green. I've got a couple looking immaculate but after that I'm just looking for the camera to deliver a "there's got to be a better way!"

Oil eater from retail (auto parts) or grease express from Sysco. They're both such powerful degreasers that they burn your skin by saponifying the grease out of your flesh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008

We use one called HD Degreaser, just water it down and spray it on/rinse.

Also I found a way to get some time off, just rupture your achilles tendon. It's quick, free* and painful.

* Not in the US.

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009

Comedy option: buy way way more than you need, change them out daily so they never get really bad, and when they're all dirty, run them over to your local coin-operated self-serve car wash and blast them clean with a high pressure car sprayer, and probably some soap or degreaser of some kind, I dunno.

And by "comedy option" I mean this is 100% what the owner at dive bar where I work does with our little 2-filter hood setup.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Raikiri posted:

We use one called HD Degreaser, just water it down and spray it on/rinse.

Also I found a way to get some time off, just rupture your achilles tendon. It's quick, free* and painful.

* Not in the US.

Owwwwww! That's a long and painful recovery, I hope yours goes smoothly. Question - did you hear a loud "pop" or something to that effect? Every time an athlete ruptures their Achilles, nearby players say it's so loud that even they hear it.

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008

The Midniter posted:

Owwwwww! That's a long and painful recovery, I hope yours goes smoothly. Question - did you hear a loud "pop" or something to that effect? Every time an athlete ruptures their Achilles, nearby players say it's so loud that even they hear it.

Nope, no pop. I slipped slightly on Tuesday and thought I had just twisted my ankle a little, carried on working.

Gradually got worse until about 2.30PM Thursday (and about 40,000 steps later) when I said I need to leave. Ankle is twice it's usual size and the whole foot has some bruising, the Doc said to stay off it as much as possible for the next week, if it doesn't improve I'll need an X-Ray to make sure there's no fractures etc.

«126 »