Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

on a scale of 1 to snoop, how high was that dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
They did ask if you could make it cheaper...

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Mezzanon posted:

Hello I would like to spend $42 on a ten inch pizza

should have just directed them to the nearest donair place

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Hauki posted:

on a scale of 1 to snoop, how high was that dude

Apparently it was a normal looking guy who didn’t seem high at all, however the name on the delivery was RAZIEL SHADOWS

BBQ Dave
Jun 17, 2012

Well, that's easy for you to say. You have a bad imagination. It's stupid. I live in a fantasy world.

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Also, I had bird remove my restaurant ASK thread for fear of doxxing from a bunch of offsite chuds that I fought with yesterday. What a time to be alive lol

That's too bad Sandwich Anarchist. I loved that thread, you really cared about your coworkers and all the crap they had to take from TSA and single businessmen. Also that story about how you can eject one customer for harassing staff and that jerk can turn around with his friends and trash your restaurant's online rep.

Don't get me wrong you gotta protect yourself. Just saying I'll miss that thread.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
I was just mocked and insulted for wearing a mask into a store. By the owner. As he served food from a hot case with no mask, gloves, or anything else. He asked how stupid I was. I just turned and walked out.

It’s where I always buy my beer and lovely deep fried food after work. At least it was, they’re never getting another penny from me.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Mithross posted:

I was just mocked and insulted for wearing a mask into a store. By the owner. As he served food from a hot case with no mask, gloves, or anything else. He asked how stupid I was. I just turned and walked out.

It’s where I always buy my beer and lovely deep fried food after work. At least it was, they’re never getting another penny from me.

Gross. I basically never leave negative reviews for places because I figure everyone’s got an off day but that would test my resolve

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Wait not even gloves? What the gently caress

Naelyan
Jul 21, 2007

Fun Shoe

Field Mousepad posted:

Wait not even gloves? What the gently caress

Gloves are less safe than washing your hands properly, because if you're wearing gloves you should be washing your hands every time you put a pair on or take them off, and straight up no one does that. My regional health board suggests that kitchen staff should avoid unnecessary glove use and just step up the hand washing (even more than normal).

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Also if you order huge amounts of gloves, they're going to be cheap pieces of poo poo that break within 5 minutes. Enjoy plastic fingertip bits in your salad, folks.

kiss me Pikachu
Mar 9, 2008
Gloves are required for all staff in contact with customers, food, utensils, etc. in my area's current restrictions and boy is it fun watching the front of house of nearby restaurants go from clearing dirty tables or taking cash/credit cards straight into setting new ones, serving drinks, food, and so on without changing gloves or handwashing. Also the way the city shutdown a street to provide extra outdoor seating is especially choice as it funnels foot traffic (like 25-50% mask usage, on a good day?) through the seated guests of two restaurants on one end. Eagerly anticipating a resurgence and further shutdowns just as yearly benefits maximum and the extra unemployment runs out for me and my coworkers.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

kiss me Pikachu posted:

Gloves are required for all staff in contact with customers, food, utensils, etc. in my area's current restrictions and boy is it fun watching the front of house of nearby restaurants go from clearing dirty tables or taking cash/credit cards straight into setting new ones, serving drinks, food, and so on without changing gloves or handwashing. Also the way the city shutdown a street to provide extra outdoor seating is especially choice as it funnels foot traffic (like 25-50% mask usage, on a good day?) through the seated guests of two restaurants on one end. Eagerly anticipating a resurgence and further shutdowns just as yearly benefits maximum and the extra unemployment runs out for me and my coworkers.

The county that my story happened in never actually pushed any mask requirements of it's own through, so they weren't required until the California Gov made it statewide... which the county refuses to enforce because the governor is a democrat and for some reason rural republicans all seem to think this is a political issue instead of a public health issue. It also quadrupled it's cases in the last three days.

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

My whole life just flashed before my eyes! Dude, I sleep a lot.
Some asshat customer had the guts to whine about millennials going to parties and making covid worse while they were out to dinner, at a restaurant that is back to doing 150-200 people every day, during our 4th of July festival that had 1000 people on property.

How can you be that dense?

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

Naelyan posted:

Gloves are less safe than washing your hands properly, because if you're wearing gloves you should be washing your hands every time you put a pair on or take them off, and straight up no one does that.

:confused: if you don’t wash and dry yr hands it’s drat near impossible to put on a new pair of gloves wtf is this poo poo

you can do both lmbo “nobody does that” has anyone tried

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

Quabzor posted:

Some asshat customer had the guts to whine about millennials going to parties and making covid worse while they were out to dinner, at a restaurant that is back to doing 150-200 people every day, during our 4th of July festival that had 1000 people on property.

How can you be that dense?

If its millenials fault its not mine!

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug
To the people whose job it is to come up with new and increasingly complex ways to put together, and thus breakdown, cardboard boxes,

gently caress you. gently caress you so much.

Regards,

Doom Rooster

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Word. The worst ones are the ones that are glued in like 8 spots.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Manuel Calavera posted:

Word. The worst ones are the ones that are glued in like 8 spots.

Me, it's the heavy duty waxed ones that poultry and some produce come in. Fuuuuck those boxes, as well as the fact that I've yet to have a place be consistent in telling me if it goes in the cardboard dumpster or garbage because of the wax. I usually got my daily frustrations out by jumping my hulking 120 lb frame on top of 'em until they were slightly smushed and then threw them in whichever dumpster had more room.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

The worst ones for me aren't even something you see in a hospitality setting, it's the 4 pack box that Yellow Rose beer comes in. It looks like this:

Absolutely fantastic beer but holy hell the packaging is annoying. Why couldn't they just use 4 packs of tall boys like every sane brewery?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I remember ten years ago when Oskar Blues was one of the few microbreweries that had a canning machine and it was their whole marketing angle! I'm guessing yellow rose doesn't actually have the ability to can it requires a whole setup.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

JacquelineDempsey posted:

I usually got my daily frustrations out by jumping my hulking 120 lb frame on top of 'em until they were slightly smushed and then threw them in whichever dumpster had more room.

Fairly sure that's standard operating procedure for those boxes.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

The General posted:

Fairly sure that's standard operating procedure for those boxes.

Bonus combo points if you can huff down a whole cigarette in the 2 minutes it takes you to do it while trying not to gag next to two dumpsters rotting in Virginia summer heat!

...Remind me again why I keep looking at Craigslist ads for food/bev/hosp every day?

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Me, it's the heavy duty waxed ones that poultry and some produce come in. Fuuuuck those boxes, as well as the fact that I've yet to have a place be consistent in telling me if it goes in the cardboard dumpster or garbage because of the wax. I usually got my daily frustrations out by jumping my hulking 120 lb frame on top of 'em until they were slightly smushed and then threw them in whichever dumpster had more room.

oh god these boxes, you're right. Imagine working at a grocery store that does those roast chickens. Back when I was doing the stocking those things were the worst. Because I had to haul them from the dairy storage to our kitchen, on a u-boat. The minimum was like, 10 a day, 50lb each.

That was back when I thought i was a guy though so they weren't terribly heavy. But it was repepetive. I always learned to trash them.

FFT
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

No Wave posted:

I remember ten years ago when Oskar Blues was one of the few microbreweries that had a canning machine and it was their whole marketing angle! I'm guessing yellow rose doesn't actually have the ability to can it requires a whole setup.

When I was working the taproom at a brewery and they started canning they hired a service that set the operation up, canned a whole bunch of beer, then broke it down.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

FFT posted:

When I was working the taproom at a brewery and they started canning they hired a service that set the operation up, canned a whole bunch of beer, then broke it down.
That's pretty neat

handle
Jan 20, 2011

Anybody have a good inventory application they use that's not integrated into the POS system? We've been doing it manually but we keep forgetting to order things because they get lost in the weeds.

We're gonna sort the spreadsheet by vendor, at least, but we'd really appreciate an application that can automatically flag items below a determined stock level, keep historical data electronically, and estimate usage based on that historical data (we don't need ideal vs. actual usage, so it doesn't need to track waste for now.)

The Bandit
Aug 18, 2006

Westbound And Down

handle posted:

Anybody have a good inventory application they use that's not integrated into the POS system? We've been doing it manually but we keep forgetting to order things because they get lost in the weeds.

We're gonna sort the spreadsheet by vendor, at least, but we'd really appreciate an application that can automatically flag items below a determined stock level, keep historical data electronically, and estimate usage based on that historical data (we don't need ideal vs. actual usage, so it doesn't need to track waste for now.)

I used bevspot for inventory and ordering it has just about anything I could need. Also several extra things I didn’t use because I prefer to do the accounting bit where they couldn’t access my data. I got it for a lifetime trial price at one bar for $50/mo. Then when we opened the next spot it was $100 per month. I think it might be higher now. It probably saved me 4-6 hours a week and allowed me to place orders remotely if I was out of town for something

handle
Jan 20, 2011

Thank you! That looks fantastic so far.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

It's less of an argument about bottles and cans, and that Yellow Rose seems to have deliberately picked the most annoying packaging possible. I'm 100% in favor of cans over bottles, but a bottling line is less expensive - so why the 16 oz bottles, and why the godawful cardboard 4 pack rather than the standard 12/6? The only answer I've been able to come up with is that they didn't really want to sell packaged beer and wanted to stick with on prem draft sales only but yeesh.

FFT posted:

Mobile canning lines are pretty awesome.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

We keep losing people and are dangerously understaffed and they keep piling on more and more shifts while the pukebrained managed keeps telling us "Be positive! Stay positive!"

Genuinely do not think I'm making it to the end of this summer

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

I'd think that "Be positive!" is roughly the last thing you want to be during a pandemic.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

The manager is not sane and is clearly out of control of the situation so they just endlessly parrot ‘BEEEEE POSITIVE!!’ every shift like the amphetamine-popping dumb creep they are

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
Been loving sending my wife to work crying every day, because I keep trying to calmly explain that if I keep working in a crowded restaurant every day, then none of the precautions we've taken will matter. So far, "well maybe I'll quit working" extreme anxiety and tears. "Well, I can go live somewhere else until this this blows over" extreme anxiety and tears. "Well, I've accepted my inevitable death..." extreme anxiety and tears. Great country we got here. Sticking on the go to work, probably die from it plan for now, but I don't really want to take her out too.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Love being financially threatened by my new incompetent general manager, who used to be an inadequate regular manager

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Threatened in what way? Termination, lovely shifts?

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

They lost their cool and shouted that we're making lots more money than usual so we shouldn't complain about the (mountain) of extra work and the constant scolding for not doing things right (every work protocol has changed and grown complicated)

We're making 'more money' because we don't have a loving host and we're overworked to total burnout in less than a month, and also we're not making more money because the company cheated us out of thousands when they forced us to accept a weekly paycheck instead of unemployment because they took a scam small business loan

This manager is going to get a very cold and rude awakening, really soon here

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Oh yeah and a very stammered, indirect threat that I should leave the company if I don't like it anymore (great idea!)

Naelyan
Jul 21, 2007

Fun Shoe

Black August posted:

Oh yeah and a very stammered, indirect threat that I should leave the company if I don't like it anymore (great idea!)

take everyone with you, burn it all down (figuratively)

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Naelyan posted:

take everyone with you, burn it all down (literally)

Ftfy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008

Black August posted:

We keep losing people and are dangerously understaffed and they keep piling on more and more shifts while the pukebrained managed keeps telling us "Be positive! Stay positive!"

Genuinely do not think I'm making it to the end of this summer

The owner of our place is being seriously depressive. It's been busy, like normal summer busy. We did just over £8,000 this Saturday alone; that's the the rent and bills paid for the month and he still wasn't happy.

I think the issue was more with FoH making mistakes, but we are all pretty fried. I've done 63 hours this week and some of the FoH have probably done a little more.