Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«49 »
Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007
The Bartender

Chef De Cuisinart posted:

Well yeah, injuries that happen on the clock are the responsibility of the employer. Always report your injuries, no matter how minor.

This. Back when I was managing, we had one cook slice her hand good enough to need a few stitches. It wasn't an ER style emergency so I drove her to the nearest urgent care to get stitched up and gave her the option of coming back to work or going home and made it clear that either way, she wouldn't be punished and she would still be paid until she clocked out.

poo poo happens. You have to treat your people right if you want them to remain your people. Poor girl burned the hell out of her arm a couple years later (long after I left) on fryer oil - never did find out how that happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

Chef De Cuisinart posted:

Well yeah, injuries that happen on the clock are the responsibility of the employer. Always report your injuries, no matter how minor.

Nope. They're not the employer's responsibility if the employee is violating a procedure on which they have been trained. I had a worker's comp claim denied because I had signed a training document saying "don't lift with your back, ask for help with heavy objects." I was hurt when I was told to move a mobility cart with a dead battery. The only way to move them without hooking up a spare battery (which we didn't have) was to lift them from the front and roll them on the back wheels. I hit a bump in the carpet and fell into the cart. I had to pay for the urgent care visit which they told me was mandatory and covered for an at work injury, and I was placed on probation for violating safety procedures.

«49 »