Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«83 »
Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

My whole life just flashed before my eyes! Dude, I sleep a lot.

The resort I worked at toyed with something like this for the fine dining areas. It was a site that would allow customers to review individual servers and we were all supposed to make accounts with our pictures and info.

It went over like poo poo and several people threatened to resign immediately.

In better news apparently I served a legit "made it big" chef with dope rear end restaurants and TV appearances. He was a really nice guy and enjoyed everything. People talk hot poo poo all the time, but googling his name actually backed him up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

It's a horrible name for anything really but especially a shirt.

I wish we could write Yelp reviews of customers. Right now I'd be pounding my keyboard so hard about the 6 top of teens that came in 2 minutes before we closed, the seismic shock waves would be felt three states away. I think I fired their food solely with my anger; the glare I had on as they walked in was probably the closest I will ever get to having Superman's heat vision. (And that's why I work BOH, I can't do "service with a smile" when it comes to assholes, I'm more of a "service with the snarling rictus of a rabid German Shepherd" kind of gal)

I'm generally one of the most patient, even-keeled, and good-humored people in my kitchen, but gently caress people that come in less than 15 minutes before we close. At that point I've been up since 3:30 am, working for 9 hours straight with only two 5 minute breaks, so gently caress you and your loving "duuuude, I got so wasted last night and just woke up" 1pm hangover pancakes. gently caress ALL y'all.

...thanks as always for letting me get that out my system, thread.

Manuel Calavera
Nov 1, 2008

Hey waiter, what's this metatarsal doing in my soup?

I'm with you there, and I have to be up front a lot. I've got this rep now that apparently SOME nurses think I'm 'mean' when that's just how I am. I'm a pedant, namely. And I worked retail to long so I always have to make sure to repeat what they've ordered. Especially since folk have such an inordinately hard time figuring out cheese and buns, between 6 and 2 options, respectively.

Skwirl
May 13, 2007

No you're wrong

If it's the type of place that does a lot of take out the last half hour of service should be take out only.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Manuel Calavera posted:

I'm with you there, and I have to be up front a lot. I've got this rep now that apparently SOME nurses think I'm 'mean' when that's just how I am. I'm a pedant, namely. And I worked retail to long so I always have to make sure to repeat what they've ordered. Especially since folk have such an inordinately hard time figuring out cheese and buns, between 6 and 2 options, respectively.

So I will be in Dublin as of the 11th. If you want to get together in Short North or something sometime in July let me know.

«83 »