Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

My whole life just flashed before my eyes! Dude, I sleep a lot.

The resort I worked at toyed with something like this for the fine dining areas. It was a site that would allow customers to review individual servers and we were all supposed to make accounts with our pictures and info.

It went over like poo poo and several people threatened to resign immediately.

In better news apparently I served a legit "made it big" chef with dope rear end restaurants and TV appearances. He was a really nice guy and enjoyed everything. People talk hot poo poo all the time, but googling his name actually backed him up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

I wish we could write Yelp reviews of customers. Right now I'd be pounding my keyboard so hard about the 6 top of teens that came in 2 minutes before we closed, the seismic shock waves would be felt three states away. I think I fired their food solely with my anger; the glare I had on as they walked in was probably the closest I will ever get to having Superman's heat vision. (And that's why I work BOH, I can't do "service with a smile" when it comes to assholes, I'm more of a "service with the snarling rictus of a rabid German Shepherd" kind of gal)

I'm generally one of the most patient, even-keeled, and good-humored people in my kitchen, but gently caress people that come in less than 15 minutes before we close. At that point I've been up since 3:30 am, working for 9 hours straight with only two 5 minute breaks, so gently caress you and your loving "duuuude, I got so wasted last night and just woke up" 1pm hangover pancakes. gently caress ALL y'all.

...thanks as always for letting me get that out my system, thread.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm with you there, and I have to be up front a lot. I've got this rep now that apparently SOME nurses think I'm 'mean' when that's just how I am. I'm a pedant, namely. And I worked retail to long so I always have to make sure to repeat what they've ordered. Especially since folk have such an inordinately hard time figuring out cheese and buns, between 6 and 2 options, respectively.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
If it's the type of place that does a lot of take out the last half hour of service should be take out only.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

Manuel Calavera posted:

I'm with you there, and I have to be up front a lot. I've got this rep now that apparently SOME nurses think I'm 'mean' when that's just how I am. I'm a pedant, namely. And I worked retail to long so I always have to make sure to repeat what they've ordered. Especially since folk have such an inordinately hard time figuring out cheese and buns, between 6 and 2 options, respectively.

So I will be in Dublin as of the 11th. If you want to get together in Short North or something sometime in July let me know.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
So I just walked out of my job because everything was so hosed and had been for awhile and I reached the breaking point.

Don't eat at Umami Burger, and definitely don't eat at the Umami Burger in SOMA.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
oh, i misread the location

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
if you are around there and looking for an expensive hamburger, try out garaje or marlowe (if you want the full weird hamburger-with-white-tablecloths experience)

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Skwirl posted:

So I just walked out of my job because everything was so hosed and had been for awhile and I reached the breaking point.

Don't eat at Umami Burger, and definitely don't eat at the Umami Burger in SOMA.

I drove by one today and make a mental note to check it out. I usually just stop by Five Guys, In n Out, or a local diner style place where the 1/3 lb bacon avocado cheeseburger is $5 or less whenever I want a burger.

Is Umami burger all flash and no substance? I've been to more then a few of those craft brew on draft truffle oil fries $15 burger places and for the most part its completely hit or miss. At best it's never truly disappointing, but always seems like they use a bunch of fancy things and try too hard rather then make a satisfying burger.

For a typical example, I went to a place that offered a bacon peanut butter and jelly burger. The adjectives for the jelly, meat, bun, and bacon were plentiful on the menu, but from my position at the bar I saw the chef make the burger, then grab a 5 lb jar of Skippy Chunky Peanut butter and add half a spoonful to the bun. It was pretty disappointing when I tried first tried it only because it was a ton of artisan strawberry jelly and a tiny scrape of peanut butter. I asked for more peanut butter, slathered it on the bun, and the crunch and saltiness made the burger taste much better.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

When made right they're good burgers but everything was just comically inept at my location. You might get a different tables food, or a different table gets your food, or your burger will take 45 minutes when the person sitting next to you who came in 15 minutes after you gets theirs in 10 minutes. And that's assuming that whatever you want to order is even available, we pretty much never had cheesy tots (when they are available they're the most popular side dish after french fries) and in the last month I've worked shifts where they've run out of french fries, hamburger buns, and one night hamburger patties.

Edit: That last one happened during the NBA finals, I'm sure a bunch of you don't care about sports but Umami is a psuedo-sports bar and a local team was in the championships.

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Jun 26, 2018

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
every restaurant everything in sf is turbofucked because you can't get good labor, foh or boh, because the rent is too motherfuckin drat high. not callin you bad, just that evidently poo poo was bad

A Man and his Hog
Jun 26, 2018

by R. Guyovich
What the gently caress is a Peanut Butter Jelly Hamburger even doing on anyone's menu...

Also hey guys! Hope all is well.

virinvictus
Nov 10, 2014

A Man and his Hog posted:

What the gently caress is a Peanut Butter Jelly Hamburger even doing on anyone's menu...

We’ve had one on our menu for nearly eight months and I can’t think of a week where we’ve sold more than one. I wanna find out who determines these trends.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

trade your dog in for a hog?
:thunk:

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

bob dobbs is dead posted:

every restaurant everything in sf is turbofucked because you can't get good labor, foh or boh, because the rent is too motherfuckin drat high. not callin you bad, just that evidently poo poo was bad

The problem is not a lack of competent labor, the problem is that consumers don't want to pay forty bucks for a double cheeseburger.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
lol a man and his dog got banned and bought a rereg instead of an unban and now he'll probably catch a perma

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

poop dood posted:

lol a man and his dog got banned and bought a rereg instead of an unban and now he'll probably catch a perma

I thought reregs were only disallowed if they were done to avoid a probation or perma?

A Man and his Hog
Jun 26, 2018

by R. Guyovich
I had no idea that was even a thing or I would have just rereged....

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Skwirl posted:

I thought reregs were only disallowed if they were done to avoid a probation or perma?

It's this (permatoxxes exempt)

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I had no idea that was even a thing or I would have just rereged....

figured it happened because you were dumb.

Also gently caress off rapist.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

I don't know the background on that Skwirl, but I'd appreciate it if you didn't import drama.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Liquid Communism posted:

I don't know the background on that Skwirl, but I'd appreciate it if you didn't import drama.

Check out why he was banned in the first place, but I'll keep my mouth shut until the next time he complains about a drunk girl not being down.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Liquid Communism posted:

That’s an odd way to look at things

Hauki
May 11, 2010

is that “please don’t import drama from this guy’s previously registered account on this very forum” or...?

Naelyan
Jul 21, 2007

Fun Shoe
Is it still importing if it's from earlier in this same thread? Because he's said some pretty loving cringy things just in this thread.

MohawkSatan
Dec 20, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Okay, seriously, I don't give a gently caress if you do drugs. Just keep that poo poo on your own time, and stay functional at work.

So when my Chef showed up 5 hours late yesterday, with loving cocaine still on his nose, with the dishwasher (me), one of the servers, and the GM doing the loving breakfast rush at a hotel, you can imagine I was slightly displeased. And then he spent the rest of my shift going out every 15 minutes and returning sniffling, cause that's real loving sneaky. With the dishwasher and server making, plating, and serving every order that came through.

What in the gently caress would possess someone to think that the goddamned dishwasher is the person to have alone on the line instead of the chef and the loving cook who was on schedule(who's only on because the chef hasn't changed the schedule in two weeks, and the guy only showed up for his first two shifts and then disappeared).

This loving industry.

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Brandy does in fact, in my experience, contribute to Getting Down.
Who does that much coke and isn't immediately good at working the line?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Chef De Cuisinart posted:

I'm going to pretend there isn't a typo in this.

Fake Edit: drat you and your ninja edit.

MohawkSatan
Dec 20, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Chef De Cuisinart posted:

I have no goddamned idea. You'd think that he'd jump right on it, but instead he'd start something, and then go bugger off for more coke and leave me to finish it along with doing any other orders.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Naelyan posted:

Is it still importing if it's from earlier in this same thread? Because he's said some pretty loving cringy things just in this thread.

If someone's being terrible in here, report button's on the lower right.

The one true heezy
Mar 23, 2004
I had a PB and Habanero jelly burger last month. It was delicious.

Edit: RE: coke. Don't do coke. Especially not on a worknight.

The one true heezy fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Jun 29, 2018

MAKE NO BABBYS
Jan 28, 2010

Liquid Communism posted:

Uh, seriously? That’s your response there?

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

MAKE NO BABBYS posted:

Uh, seriously? That’s your response there?

If someone's being a shitlord in here, hit report and I'll handle it. If someone is being a shitlord elsewhere on the forums, do the same there. Dragging in drama from elsewhere is going to get a slower response than a report.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

While he's sometimes annoying, my problem with a Man and his Hog have absolutely nothing to do with his behavior on this forum.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Liquid Communism posted:

If someone's being a shitlord in here, hit report and I'll handle it. If someone is being a shitlord elsewhere on the forums, do the same there. Dragging in drama from elsewhere is going to get a slower response than a report.

His off-forums behavior that he's talked about here has been pretty reprehensible, but he's never been a dick here. AFAIK, there has been no drama elsewhere. That said, punishing someone for what they discuss here is a very, very fine line to walk and I wouldn't want to punish someone for being open about how they act unless it's really egregious - that shuts down conversation. And unless I'm missing something, he hasn't gone that far. Skwirl, quote something if I'm wrong.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
Peanut butter is fantastic on a burger but it’s one of those things that you order once for the novelty and never again.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Slowpoke! posted:

Peanut butter is fantastic on a burger but it’s one of those things that you order once for the novelty and never again.

Show me on the doll where he(or she) touched you.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Dude. Peanut butter and bread & butter pickles.

A Man and his Hog
Jun 26, 2018

by R. Guyovich
I've turned into a New York Deli man for lunch:

Ham N Swiss, Roast Beef N Swiss, Turkey N Cheddar all on Popeye seeded rolls, you just can't go wrong for a quick lunch.

The side dish is also crucial.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
why are you trying to change the subject about your behavior which ppl have been talking about? i haven't been following the thread that long, but it seems like you should address it?