Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

ApolloSuna posted:

Did a deep scrub last night and the opener told me it looks nice and they will try and keep it clean. I almost threw something. Also I bought a juul to quit smoking.

It worked for me. I don’t smoke anything but the occasional cigar anymore. Been over a year since I had a cigarette.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Today my grill dude told me he looked for more bologna cut and portioned in the walk-in, but didn't see any. Our sister store does the meat slicing, so on my next break I walked over (we have to smoke behind their place, we don't have our own backside break area) and found the woman that does that. She had no idea and promised to get some done for us.

I came back and told grill guy, "Hey, I told Miss S about The Bologna Situation" and I guess I said it capitalized like that because our new guy dead panned with a look of shock on his face: "The Bologna Situation? That's the name of my punk band!" then finally cracked up. I like new guy.

So which of you poor souls has to work tomorrow, and who's, like me, enjoying one of the two days a year we close? I have no plans other than to get high, detail MY CAR (ew, I found a mayo packet in the console, so glad that never exploded from heat/freezing over a year), and maybe spend a little of y'all's hard-earned money on some takeout sushi, if I can find a place that's open.

I’m glad we could all pitch in to make everything a little bit better for you.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Psychobabble posted:

This seems like a fitting venue to rage post. Anybody finish Netflix's The Final Table? Anybody else notice Grant Achatz campaigning hard for his old friend from the French Laundry days to win? Completely ruined an otherwise fantastic show that he just stepped in and stole it for his buddy.

If you stop watching stupid loving competition TV they will stop making it sooner or later.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Brute Squad posted:

Shame Jeff Smith (Frugal Gourmet) turned out to be a sex pest. I remember watching him a bunch on PBS growing up. Him, Julia Child, and Jacques Pepin.

I watched them as well as Ming Tsai, Mario (now bad), David Rosengarten and Emeril.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
Am I in the loving r/relationships thread or GWS

I’m getting loving confused

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
Anyone have a good recipe for a potato espuma? Curious as to the ratios and style of potato that gets best results.

Edit: CDC I lived in the Tower at 801 when I lived in Seattle 17 years ago. They were awesome but a bit higher than your budget indicated. I recommend them if you want to live downtown in a high rise.

Errant Gin Monks fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Jan 23, 2019

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

poop dood posted:

We do a good one where I work. I'll ask chef about it tomorrow (I'm FOH).

Awesome thanks!

Skwirl posted:

Ahahahahaha.

Edit: that's unfair, you and your spouse could probably afford to live in the city assuming you're willing to have 5 roommates in a two bedroom.

You can afford 4k a month on 200k a year easy. My place in LA was a bit less than 3k and we were easily able to afford that on less than 200k.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Republicans posted:

Haha that's the place my sister is moving out of.

Really? What did she think of it? I assume they have remodeled since i was there. I enjoyed my time there.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

captkirk posted:

You people in the food world make me laugh... In a horrified sort of way. I've been a Server Admin for about 8 years and I have to laugh every time I read about one of you jumping into IT because the work life balance is better.

IT is filled with guys who will work 10-12 hour days, go home and work more or do side projects (which is just work but for fun). And those are the balanced ones! The bad ones are the people who, as Facebook, Google, et al have discovered, would never leave work of they didn't have to get dinner, hit the gym, or sleep.

And this world is a step up for work life balance for food people. How are any of you still alive? You have more people screaming at you, longer and more physically demanding hours, and you get paid less.

Nah you just work for a place that's understaffed. I work mainframe security for a global company. Right now I'm doing my normal job, being technical lead for the PAM project, department liaison for the yearly security summit we have and it's audit season and I work 8 hours a day with no issues. Although I can work more and I like OT so I do some paperwork while sitting on my couch on the weekends.

It's definitely better than the industry.

Errant Gin Monks fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Feb 7, 2019

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

A dog and his man posted:

I still haven’t started my new job search.

Kinda just saying I’m semi retired for the moment.

As much as the stress of not making income is, having days off to do whatever I want has been nice.

But the money will come up and moves will have to be made....

Wait so you actually got fired? Was it for sexual harassment?

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Scarodactyl posted:

Did he get downsized?

This is amazing and needs much more love.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Democratic Pirate posted:

How is HEB not great?

It’s amazingly great. This guy is just dumb as hell.

God drat I miss HEB.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

A dog and his man posted:

Well my like 12-13 year gig finally game to end today (last week)..... I’m sad. Really like all my Co-Workers, Customers, and how easy the job was....

It was my fault I did my threes strikes your out dumb poo poo. Just sucks.

Also they left with we’re not letting you go but we, just want you to get better.

How can you see if I’m getting better, when you don’t schedule me?!?!?! (Yes, I’m an alcoholic)

I can’t say I’m surprised . Maybe you should try getting your drinking under control and find another job.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Liquid Communism posted:

Never happen, it would require restaurants to spend money on that poo poo. :D

Yeah an owner can do a premade site in about 20 minutes but won’t pay any money to keep it updated. They aren’t paying for a design and creation plus content management contract.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Coasterphreak posted:

The fact that you don't get it tells me that you're the rear end in a top hat that shows up 45 minutes late, shitfaced, smelling like sweaty armpit because you've been on a bender and haven't taken time to shower in a couple days.

Not right now. He doesn’t have a job, he got fired for going on too many benders.

And probably sexual harassment too

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Coasterphreak posted:

My theory is that he got caught drinking in the bathroom one too many times

You know I enjoy giving AMAHD a hard time, but I’m glad he is in the thread. He reminds me of all the waiters I grew up working with at crappy places that enjoyed drinking and sexing up coworkers (consensually obviously). Back when I was a kid I loved that life. It was a hell of a lot of fun.

AHMAD man I hope you get a new job soon and don’t drink yourself to an early grave. Please keep on posting and when I’m giving you poo poo let it roll off, because dammit I love reading the dumb poo poo you do.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Republicans posted:

Dog Update: He figured out how to get past the empty cardboard box so more drastic steps had to be taken to keep him out of the kitchen.

That's a good doggo.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Phil Moscowitz posted:

Find the biggest meanest guy on the line and punch him in the face get him drunk and sexually assault him because he was clearly down. Nobody will mess with you after that.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

The Midniter posted:

...who's gonna tell him?

He is permabanned again. I wish they would stop banning the dude.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
Ahh you are close to SCG headquarters in Roanoke i take it? Most of the MtG community is fine these days. The worst ones aren't social enough to be invited to a private event like that one you are hosting.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

TheKennedys posted:

Moving along in my trek through central Texas kitchens, I'm now a line cook at a big truck stop restaurant, which is slower than you'd think. New boss bought me new work boots on my first day, which was awesome and apparently commonplace. She's this wiry older lady with grown kids who cusses like a sailor and has absolutely no :decorum: whatsoever, it's refreshing.

My brother-in-law keeps telling me it's so easy to get promotions etc with the company, but I just spent a year trying to convince a stubborn, turbo-cheap first-generation Chinese man I was capable of running the restaurant I'd been running all along at $poo poo/hr (yes, I should have quit a long time ago) I just wanna cook for right now tbh

Do you work at Buckees?

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
I refuse to use any of this poo poo anymore

Errant Gin Monks fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Aug 7, 2019

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Schneider Inside Her posted:

OK Computer is straight up the best Radiohead album it's not even close

Seriously. People who say Kid A are wrong and not smart.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

SHVPS4DETH posted:

e: also “just” is the single best radiohead song and one of the best music videos of all time

I’m not going to say you are wrong, but I would posit that Street Spirit is a better song and I love Gagging Order for some reason. But you could also convince me you are correct in Just.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Sweat onions in bacon fat, chicken stock, cream, goat cheese. Coffee bacon jam on top.

Now that looks delicious

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
loving palm tree? Which airport is this? Seriously I want to eat there.

Edit: gently caress me nevermind, I know that tree. That’s the airport in the city I was born at. For some reason I always thought you were in NYC.

Errant Gin Monks fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Dec 20, 2019

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Orlando International

Yeah I just looked at the photos again. I was born in Orlando and my parents used to live in Clermont so I would fly in and out of there all the time. Now they live in Tampa. Food looks great though next time I fly through I will definitely stop by.

Sadly I’m flying into Tampa on Sunday instead of Orlando. Make me wish I had gone a different route.

Errant Gin Monks fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Dec 20, 2019

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Pssssh, yeah [waves hand], but that's California , where you can saunter into the Walgreens across from your hotel at 1 am after realizing you forgot to pack your toothbrush and you can walk out with not only a toothbrush but a liter of Stoli just because you can. (Y...Y'know, what I heard from a friend, totally not me.)

VA, you can't even buy beer anywhere after midnight, and it was only in recent years our state-run liquor stores finally opened up on Sundays. That our governor, a former doctor, just said "y'know what? gently caress it, state of emergency, go ahead and get some beer with that pizza you ordered, just stay the gently caress home" is just blowing my lil' mind.

When I first moved to LA I went to the corner store across from my apartment at 11:30 and noticed they had liquor and asked the Vietnamese lady who owned the place when they stopped selling whiskey. After yelling “we close at two am” at me ten times I realized the answer.

Then I bought two 2 liters of Diet Coke and a handle of Jim beam and walked home.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Skwirl posted:

gently caress Gordon Ramsay

This is the correct answer

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Thumposaurus posted:

I'm glad I sold my soul to a corporate hotel chain.
I've been off since beginning of March and have lost about 10lbs, started a huge backyard garden, and am helping out our old neighbor getting her garden going too as well as helping her set up a program through her non-profit organization to help others who may have never gardened before to start growing their own food.

That’s awesome. I’m not in the industry anymore but I used my first week of furlough to build the chicken coop for these meat birds I’m raising and to plant my herb garden for this year. Time well spent.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Coasterphreak posted:

The other thing to remember is a LOT of states, especially in the south, rely on sales tax revenue for a significant portion of their budgets and everyone’s panicking because it’s dropped off a cliff with nobody going out and more importantly, nobody putting gas in their cars.

Imagine if instead of then agreeing with Moscow Mitch about how States should declare bankruptcy they instead said “isn’t the federal Government an extension of the will of all the states?” And started shoveling that money back to the states to shore them up AND keep people safe.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Coasterphreak posted:

yes but then we'd have to tax the rich people more to actually make it happen and we can't have that

gently caress you’re right. Back to the pits virus slaves!

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Naelyan posted:

Eh, this is a hard one. Most people know that buying a soft drink with their pita or whatever is going to cost them an extra $1, and they're fine with that. But it's only $1. Now restaurants are going from selling $7 pints (or more, of craft beer, at least around here) to competing with actual liquor outlets that are $2.50/can in a 6-pack. So do you keep selling your beer for 3x the price and hope that makes up for lower sales, or do you drop your prices and hopefully get people to pick up a 6-pack with their takeout food? I dunno. I'm not sure there's an easy answer (there are places doing both of those options around me)

Our local beer bar delivers growler swaps and drat do I love it

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Skwirl posted:

They show up with a full and you give them an empty? Nice.

Yep. It’s a fantastic system

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

For perspective, when I say I haven't seen a dime since mid March, that is because the site has been down since then. I can't even apply or check the status.

Yeah but you are in Florida. Rick Scott designed the system to not work. It keeps people off the unemployment rolls if they can’t actually sign up.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Mike the TV posted:

How can I become a computer toucher... And get paid

Find an entry level contract position from a placement agency like KForce, Robert Half, Expedia/Manpower or Kelly Services (there are dozens of large ones).

I say this as a Senior Computer Toucher

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

All of Florida has decided that the virus is done lol. Just gently caress it, we aren't doing the virus anymore. Full capacity restaurants statewide, everything open. Nobody wears masks out anymore.

No one wears masks in my small Ohio town except for old people and my wife and me. Otherwise it’s like “gently caress it, spring break” everywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

I got deemed "ineligible" with no explanation given, along with 40% of all other applicants in my state. :woop:

Is your airport restaurant not opening back up?