Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Add me to the list of people stealing this and using it tomorrow. As the person whose job it is to run a flaming hot sheet pan of biscuits down to the other end of our cramped kitchen, I'm usually the one yelling "HOT BEHIND HOT BEHIND OOO YEAH [line guy I'm delivering to] HAS A HOT BEHIND"

On the subject of call-outs: one woman there does this thing when she's on the line getting tickets. A new tix will come in, and she precedes her call-out with something that sounds like "newbies". Like her patter is:
"NEW BEEZ GUYS! DROP SPECIAL, DROP BRISKET, DROP CATFISH, I NEED TWO CAKES ALL DAY"

What does the new beez thing mean? I get in context it means just that a new ticket's in, I guess? Just never heard it before, and I'm a little embarrassed to ask, for fear of looking like a newbie myself.

Only speaking as an outsider, maybe it's a mangling of New Biz(ness)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

MAKE NO BABBYS posted:

Lol, when I get home after this martini I’ll do a post on the Tartine Union and the absolute loving dumbass move Tartine just made

:justpost:

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica
I'm a computer toucher who lurks ,never worked industry but plenty of friends who do. If someone wants to make a "blade hungers" smiley I'll buy it for the thread as a gift in return for all the crazy rear end stories I've read.