Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical

Animal-Mother posted:

You ever notice how much of your veggies comes from Mexico? I certainly have.

I work at a produce brokerage, they are NOT happy despite being huge Fox News/Trump fans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical

iospace posted:

Oh yes, but this was right after we cleaned our grill and she complained her "pancakes tasted like bacon" (unlikely but ok), and that she doesn't eat meat. It was a white woman looking for white woman things to whine about.

And she tipped like rear end when I told her no, we do not.

I once had to tell someone keeping a particularly strict halal that not only would my seafood-focused restaurant not drain, clean, and refill the meat/seafood fryer so that they could have fried chicken bites that were free of shrimp molecules, neither would any other restaurant. They of course told me that “other restaurants do it for them all the time”. I then took a good long time to explain to them that there was no way that people were emptying a fryer in the middle of dinner, how long it would theoretically take, that I was only being so seemingly stubborn because I cared that their religious reasons for not wanting shrimp were respected, and that the easy way would have just been to lie to them.

They opted not to get anything fried. I felt kind of like a jerk for being so blunt about it, but they had obviously been lied to in the past. I may not agree with religious food restrictions but I’m not about to trick people into breaking their sincerely held beliefs out of laziness.

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical
Please please make a complaint. This guy absolutely knows it’s illegal and does it anyway because he wants to wave his dick around. If it works once, he’ll do it again and again.

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical
If you haven’t gotten W-2s, there’s a place on the IRS website where you can report that and then the IRS will yell at them and threaten to fine and/or audit them if they don’t send it.

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical
Have you contacted your state representative and state senator? Write them, call them, etc. until someone pays attention. They should have a constituent services department who can make things happen, even if just to get you off their backs.

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical

Cant Ride A Bus posted:

Bonefish Grill lol. Thanks for the advice, I know they typically don’t make as much as the servers (especially where I work) and the only reason I’d even consider it is because I hate my Current Day Job (insurance, dogshit salary) and I don’t think I could bring myself to go back to serving/bartending full time.

Definitely wouldn’t want to stay in my store if I did though. Our most recent FOH manager did that and it was a rough couple months where he learned to manage his friends. We’ll see where everything is at in October I guess :v:

Dude, Bonefish pays their keys like $14/hour and every single one of them is kept right on the brink of qualifying for insurance, except they never do. Almost none of them are ever moved up to management.

I watched so many of them just be taken advantage of and constantly promised things that were never to materialize. Literally the only reason to do it is if you trade a Monday/Tuesday key shift for an extra table in your section plus a steady schedule of the best shifts Thurs-Sat.

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical
The only reason to work corporate is to get in, get your money, and get out. Make no friends. Keep your boundaries super super defined, never give an inch, and give it 0 thought when you're not in the building.

Also never work on Wednesdays.

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical

Cant Ride A Bus posted:

He came to me later and said “yeah, I was just going to write her up and it was fine. But the more I thought about it the angrier I got so I fired her.” Dude should never have been made a manager.

Sounds like a FOH manager. What an idiot. He could have asked her to be an extra pair of hands to get them started, she probably would have done it, she would have gone home, the other server would have made money, everyone’s happy. Instead these lead brains have to have a temper tantrum and then cry like giant babies that “no one wants to work anymore” a bloo bloo bloo bloo!!!

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical
I was making GBS threads on Can’t Ride a Bus’s manager, not Doom Rooster’s friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical
FOH person is pissed because she's most likely making $2.93/hr, especially in the trash state that JD lives in. No one here is gonna argue that what JD makes is a correct or fair wage, but that lady came in and worked extra to not even be able to pay for the gas she used to come in. Her working extra lowered her effective hourly for the entire week, and it being a corporate account where a tip isn't even coming from the orderer personally is just the piece de resistance.