Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Elephanthead posted:

But isn't the goal of free booze to make people drink more?

I assume you mean "gamble more" and the answer is: only if they're making medium-to-large bets. If you're playing nickel slots, you pay for your own booze.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Oldsrocket_27 posted:

For the Super Bowl, our bar does a door fee, the kitchen is closed and there's a free buffet, and all drinks except shots are free. I volunteered to work bartending and refreshing the buffet after I found out that last year each employee walked with over $400 in tips. Most employees care too much about the game and enjoy the fact that we get free entry to want to work, but I don't give a poo poo about football, and for that kind of cash, I'm happy to weather the storm.

How does the bar make money? Scratch that -- how does the bar not lose money? Is the door fee $100 per person or something?

It sounds like it's very much Not Your Problem, though, so have fun!

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

The Maestro posted:

I would get all pedantic and argue that the “hope you” before “have a nice day” is implied because it’s become unnecessary to say explicitly. Hope you suck it, old man!

This is why English needs clearly defined imperative and subjunctive moods, damnit!

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

As far as I can tell, there's a huge market for terrible "restaurants" and "bars" that are basically strip clubs for men who are ashamed of actually going to strip clubs, except you don't see full nudity.

I don't understand it, but they're very popular!

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

esperantinc posted:

I always thought going to Hooter's and the like was more shameful than just going to a strip club. At least be honest about it.

Yeah, me too. So you want to see naked people! It's not a huge deal, just be honest about it!

If I had to take a guess, I think it's also that a lot of the men want to be "flirty" (i.e. creepy and gross) to the staff, and that's paradoxically less acceptable at a strip club, and the frequent involvement with organized crime means the consequences are much more unpleasant.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

bunnyofdoom posted:

Neither More of a Canadian superior version of Pastrami

The most sensual of the salted, cured meats. George was wrong!

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

A ceasar, you mean? Bloody marys can go eat poo poo.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Manuel Calavera posted:

Same as well. I'd think a lot of us agree with that classical definition. And it's a pain in the rear end to explain every time. And I'm a hell of a pedant.

It's technically correct, though -- the best kind of correct. Keep fighting the good fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006