Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Republicans posted:

One of my co-workers was gushing the other day about how UberEats delivers Shari's so she can get pie whenever she wants for just a $5 delivery fee. All i could think was "How much of that is the driver getting?"
UberEats supports tips now, so probably a bunch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Skwirl posted:

Most people tip for poo poo on delivery. I'm sure you tip well, and I know I tip well but from experience both delivering pizza a decade ago, and working in restaurants that use UberEats/GrubHub/Postmates/whatever, it's not good tips compared to working in a sit down restaurant, and I think it's gotten worse.

true, though i used to run for ubereats and they definitely got the restaurants to pay them for using the service via the tablet.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Malachite_Dragon posted:

The gently caress kind of seafood place doesn't do hush puppies, anyway

the kind that isn't a seafood place, but actually a seaside place

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

El Padrino posted:

Never been an rear end in a top hat to cats as I don't like to see animals suffering or enjoy doing anything bad to them. Guess I've just had the chance to meet ornery cats who'd rather be left alone? I apologize for causing this derail, all.
some cats can react to being petted too long by mouthing/biting etc, it doesn't take violence on the part of the owner necessarily.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Skwirl posted:

No one is allergic to colors.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nocebo

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

mindphlux posted:

oh to be autistic...

durr hurr hurr autism is funny rite guis - mindphlux, 2017

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

The one true heezy posted:

Dude don't ever use a guard on a mando. You'll ruin the bevel and shave plastic into the food.

And that's bullshit
you're supposed to put the food against the blade, not have it point up at you

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Chef De Cuisinart posted:

It isn't as simple as "pay everyone more." If it were, it would have happened already.
it actually is, but it seems otherwise thanks to the lasting remnants of TIPS circa 1920s america and lazy/greedy restaurant owners.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Chef De Cuisinart posted:

Where do we make up that difference?

Elizabethan Error posted:

lazy/greedy restaurant owners.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

you're the only one making up numbers for your "it's just 50c a plate bullshit"

Having a pet is some bourgeois poo poo, hth.
encouraging people to kill their pets is some sociopathic poo poo, you anthropomorphic turd

Elizabethan Error fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Mar 30, 2018

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Kill all your pets - Karl marx, probably

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Liquid Communism posted:

Y'all see this right here? Don't do this.

It's hosed up and doesn't add anything to the discussion.
so you're saying that encouraging sociopathy isn't probatable. good to know.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

marshalljim posted:

Yeah, better drench that poulet de Bresse in some tap water and Morton's for a couple of days, you dumdum.
good point, every chicken ever is from Bresse after all.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Liquid Communism posted:

God no. BIAB tea is the worst thing, and usually sweet as hell too.

that's because the sugar is covering up the bitter flavor in the tea.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

pile of brown posted:

Everyone be careful using tobacco in food, ESPECIALLY if infusing alcohol with it. Nicotine is very toxic and its really hard to judge the strength in solution. And if you give it to someone with no nicotine tolerance they won't have a fun time.
additionally it's radioactive thanks to the fertilizers used to grow tobacco containing Radium, which decays to Radon and then on to Lead-210(HL 22y) and Polonium-210( HL138 days)

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

A Man and his dog posted:

What is Tony Pacos ?!?!

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=What+is+Tony+Pacos

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Shooting Blanks posted:

I've been part of that mess more than once.
so your lovely views on suicide are despite you having personal experience. good to know.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Skutter posted:

Totally OT, do you have a link to this thread?
here you go

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

A 19 year old is legally drunk after a stiff beer. 21+ a little bit more.

if you're in america, sure.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Oldsrocket_27 posted:

I guess I’d rather be calm and civil with the guy, we’re all adults here. It’s not that he denies what he’s doing or doesn’t understand the danger of it, it’s a habit he doesn’t think about when he does it, so if he doesn’t get caught in the act, he doesn’t realize it or try to change. Plus the dude signs my checks.
:tif:

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Tezcatlipoca posted:

I disagree, in my experience giving speed to children does not have good results.
the plural form of 'anecdote' isn't 'data', stop being an idiot tia

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

why bother with salt, just be helpful instead and refill their drinks at the nearest potable tap. they've gotta stay hydrated after all!

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Tezcatlipoca posted:

I wasn't aware that your experience was true for everyone. Maybe you can explain why none of the management cared about sanitation or food waste or how so many people failed upwards. Also, hawking freshly prepared foods as the bullshit from jars and cans they have on sale. That's just from the employee side.

that's less 'heb poo poo' and more 'retail poo poo'. see also: buy x or more pricing games and raising prices Y$ only to drop it the same amount for a 'sale'

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Phil Moscowitz posted:

Imagining a person with a British accent asking the hotel staff what kind of soup they’re serving at the breakfast bar, and getting a blank-rear end stare in response.
ftfy

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Stringent posted:

Flour only produces gluten once sufficiently hydrated. :science:

Flour is hygroscopic :eng99:

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Human Tornada posted:

Who's dying on a hill? I just said I've done it before and never had the bucket melt. The first part of your response was fine, but then you said "don't drain hot oil into plastic" is smtg that needs to be said? i guess? and people usually bristle when you insult them.
you're sure to hit oil digging a well that deep

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

check out the time travellers from 1950 itt
https://www.chefsteps.com/activities/chicken-tartare

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Mithross posted:

Funnest part of reopening: repeatedly trying to convince my servers that they can’t dump the bleach they sanitize with into the sink our multi quat dispenser drips undiluted sanitizer into.
on the upside, it'll only be a problem the one time.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

JacquelineDempsey posted:

my knees are super shot and I wanna play in cheat mode.
https://www.betterbraces.com/best-knee-brace-for-meniscus-tears ?

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

He's basically making a menu that'll order respective burgers from local chains that about hit the bill and take a cut. Parasitic but it's SV.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_kitchen

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Fighting Trousers posted:

All you would-be weed chefs should come to Oklahoma. The state may be brick red, but we've got some of the most permissive grow laws in the country.

isn't that only in the non-rez parts?(aka 10% of the state)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Fighting Trousers posted:

It's a different arrangement.
tribal sites are saying otherwise :nallears: