Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Shrapnig posted:

In the best news to come out of this Championship, Johnny MIller's 63 is now irrelevant. Praise all the Latter Day Saints!
Still the lowest round in the US Open, lowest final round, lowest round en route to victory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Lol the course is so loving easy today. Whoever is in the lead will be -10 or better

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Justin Rose is so worthless.

Douchebag I require a 10% commission if Hideki wins :colbert:

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Jul 22, 2017

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
what happened to the drat weather? This is unwatchable. :colbert:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Branden Grace not knowing that 63 was the lowest round in a major pretty much invalidates his 62. :colbert:

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

Resident Sergio Apologist
CHAMPION

Josh Lyman posted:

Branden Grace not knowing that 63 was the lowest round in a major pretty much invalidates his 62. :colbert:

No way that's true. I think it was his attempt to be humble.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~
What's the Goon Scoreboard look like now?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

EnsGDT posted:

What's the Goon Scoreboard look like now?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Kameh posted:

No way that's true. I think it was his attempt to be humble.
I don't see how it makes you look humble though?

He double downed saying it probably helped with his nerves not knowing.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Thank you!

Tommy...remains in striking distance :getin:

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

What's the Sunday weather forecast? Normal Open conditions or the same as today? If it's like today Spieth wins easily.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Douchebag posted:

What's the Sunday weather forecast? Normal Open conditions or the same as today? If it's like today Spieth wins easily.
66*F and partly cloudy with 15 mph winds.

Prepare yourself for Spieth career slam hype over the next 3 weeks.

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

Resident Sergio Apologist
CHAMPION

Josh Lyman posted:

I don't see how it makes you look humble though?

He double downed saying it probably helped with his nerves not knowing.

Like maybe he thought the only other choice of, "Yes I did know I was playing well enough to break the 2nd most famous record in golf, I'm a badass" sounded too conceited or something.

Humble might not be the best description, but I don't buy that he didn't know a par on 18 gets him a 62 and the record. No chance.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Kameh posted:

Like maybe he thought the only other choice of, "Yes I did know I was playing well enough to break the 2nd most famous record in golf, I'm a badass" sounded too conceited or something.

Humble might not be the best description, but I don't buy that he didn't know a par on 18 gets him a 62 and the record. No chance.
Agreed friendo.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Another final round 63. I approve of anything to further obscure Johnny Miller lol.

I'd love to see Kuch win this and Spieth is doing his best to hand it to him so far.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Suprfli6 posted:

Another final round 63. I approve of anything to further obscure Johnny Miller lol.

I'd love to see Kuch win this and Spieth is doing his best to hand it to him so far.
https://twitter.com/EuropeanTour/status/889126782187778049

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Josh Lyman posted:

2001 Champion Golfer of the Year: David Duval, Georgia Tech '93 graduate

--- 8 years later ---

2009 Champion Golfer of the Year: Stewart Cink, Georgia Tech '95 graduate

--- 8 years later ---

2017 Champion Golfer of the Year: Matt Kuchar (???), Georgia Tech '00 graduate

I have betrayed my Georgia Tech brethren by not picking Kuch :negative:

eclectic taste
Jun 5, 2004

Future Schmidt
Spieth's in big trouble far right. He's definitely trying to give away the jug.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

If Spieth gets free relief because of that cable cam, that would be the most ridiculous bullshit ever

kolby
Oct 29, 2004
Watching on Mute because wife and baby are napping. please someone explain what spieth is doing

Cuban Chowder Factory
Jun 3, 2002
Happy to see Speith is adding some extra bullshit to yet another epic meltdown.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

kolby posted:

Watching on Mute because wife and baby are napping. please someone explain what spieth is doing

He took an unplayable which is a stroke penalty. Now he can move as far back as he wants on the line of the pin and his ball. And now he'll get relief from the buses there. But he'll be hitting his 3rd from here. This is really bizarre lol and his next shot is going to be tough.

eclectic taste
Jun 5, 2004

Future Schmidt

kolby posted:

Declared unplayable, going back on a line from the hole & where ball is. That'll let him drop on the practice area, then he'll get relief from the trailers & poo poo.

EDIT: I don't know why he doesn't just go back to the tee.

kolby
Oct 29, 2004
lol thanks

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Spieth hit it like 100 yards right, ended up on a dune on a 60* upslope, he's taking an unplayable drop by going back as far as he wants so he's going to drop on the driving range, then he's going to get line of sight relief because all the equipment trucks are parked there.

There was a moment where the broadcasters thought he might get a free drop from the dune because the skycam was in his way.

eclectic taste
Jun 5, 2004

Future Schmidt
And he almost hosed up!

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

eclectic taste posted:

And he almost hosed up!
He's so lucky it didn't end up in the rough. I mean, he could've been aiming anywhere.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
:stonk:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Please send all your energy to Kuchar tia

eclectic taste
Jun 5, 2004

Future Schmidt

Josh Lyman posted:

Please send all your energy to Kuchar tia

Done!

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Unreal

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
OMG

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Unbelievable lol

eclectic taste
Jun 5, 2004

Future Schmidt
Now he finds his putter?

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Coming to you live from my Sunday foursome, GO JORDAN!

kolby
Oct 29, 2004
Who was Spieth talking poo poo to after that Eagle?

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Are you loving kidding me

kolby posted:

His caddie

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

kolby posted:

His caddie.

eclectic taste
Jun 5, 2004

Future Schmidt
That is clutch!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

EnsGDT posted:

Coming to you live from my Sunday foursome, GO JORDAN!
You loving traitor :mad:

• Locked thread