Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vexrm
Feb 2, 2009

Full of hot raspberry jam blooded passion.
So I played through the whole game and thought this segment was neat. Then near the end I stumble onto the conversation that Trinity is blind. I should have seen it coming. All the signs were there. It ruined a neat character for me sadly as it went from "Huh neat!" to "Oh another stereotype. Yay."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vexrm
Feb 2, 2009

Which part, the part under spoilers because the video just got posted or the point where it made me sad?

Vexrm
Feb 2, 2009

VolticSurge posted:

Are you gonna keep whining like this for the rest of the LP? I hope not.

One critique on a stereotype is whining. Sure.

I could go into why or why not this might be justifiable in the game, but that's spoilers right now. I could talk about why I like the game, what it does well, what it does poorly and the like, but once again spoilers. I'm trying hard not to say anything to ruin the plot. We hit the one point in the game that was a huge disappointment to me personally because I missed the very start of the conversation until near the end of the game and everything snapped together. You called it whining but... blind person has incredible hearing is a well worn trope. It's about the only characteristic blind people get in most media. I thought maybe she had super hearing for other reasons. I also think she reacts to visual cues in the spider room. Outside the start of the conversation where the braille cards are brought up there's very little that's solidly hinting she's blind. That's both a good thing and a bad thing.

It was easy to miss her cane. However, now that I know it's there it's well done. I do like how she notices the drink tray at the beginning. I still swear she jumps at the sight of the spider.

Overall I like the game. It does it's thing well. You want positives? The tutorial does the job of setting things up and teaching the basics quite well. I think the variety of deaths are interesting. The sick humor throughout makes me smile (the pick your poison bar for instance). The little details on how things flow together fit nicely. We saw some of this in the last video where Trinity stops when she hears the gunshot. You know what the gunshot is. Even the worse puzzle of the lot (IMO) has decent in game justification.

Really don't know what I did to piss in your cheerios, but one post in the thread complaining about one specific thing and saying it hurt because I missed the confirmation and had come up with alternative and reasonable explanation beyond that? That's not a tidal wave of whining here.

Vexrm
Feb 2, 2009

[Edit] Just going to shut up now. Enjoy the game guys.

Vexrm fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Jul 20, 2017

• Locked thread