Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes
Problem description: I have an Acer mini PC hooked to my TV that I use as a media center. When I'm playing videos through Kodi it's perfectly fine. If I try and watch videos fullscreen with Chrome, say YouTube or Amazon Prime, the screen turns off after 20-30 minutes or so despite my efforts to prevent it.

Attempted fixes: The power settings are on max performance, turn the screen off and sleep are both set to 'never'. I've checked every running app for power settings and, if there are any, set them to 'never'. I tried a program called Caffeine that's supposed to simulate keyboard activity. I've tried a program called 'Mouse Jiggler' that's supposed to simulate mouse activity. Nothing stops the screen turning off part-way through a video.

I don't want the PC to stay on forever, I just want it to stay on while I'm trying to watch a video.

Recent changes: None. This only seems to happen when playing video through the browser.

Operating system: Windows 10 64 bit

System specs: Acer Revo One RL85

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes. It seems every google result is looking for the opposite i.e. people want their computer to sleep, but it doesn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread