Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you like star wars?
Yes
No
Star trek?
Star wars is for children, op
View Results

• Locked thread
Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Squashing Machine posted:

Star Wars is my favorite product, it's up there with Head and Shoulders and the Nintendo Switch, hell yeah I love the product it makes my dick hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka

BIG PUFFY NIPS posted:

i would empty quote this but lmao at using facebook for anything other than the messaging app in 2017

I'd delete it, but it's how everyone schedules events and birthdays now. Scrolling through the feed is seriously soul-crushing, it's all ads and even the ads have ad breaks, and it's just people you friended back in college or some poo poo sharing that recipe video from Frank's Red Hot where they literally use up four bottles of their lovely hot sauce trying to make a sandwich

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
it was never good and that kid alec guiness met who saw star wars 30 times was patient zero for the loving nerdling disease that wiped out an entire generation of men and turned them into weak rear end bitch boys

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
I'm mildly fascinated about how they did some of the special effects back in 1977 and that's about it.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

This post is sponsored by Popeye's so I have to make this joke. Uh if you think these takes are spicy, you'll love Popeye's spicy fried chicken with a biscuit and a coke for 4.99 on memorial day this copy is outdated

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

Terrific Accident posted:

This post is sponsored by Popeye's so I have to make this joke. Uh if you think these takes are spicy, you'll love Popeye's spicy fried chicken with a biscuit and a coke for 4.99 on memorial day this copy is outdated

Is your account owned by disney too?

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Squashing Machine posted:

I'd delete it, but it's how everyone schedules events and birthdays now. Scrolling through the feed is seriously soul-crushing, it's all ads and even the ads have ad breaks, and it's just people you friended back in college or some poo poo sharing that recipe video from Frank's Red Hot where they literally use up four bottles of their lovely hot sauce trying to make a sandwich

Ey i dunno how people can live with it now
i had to quit twitter last year cause i spent more time scrolling past the same ad for that movie split than reading dumbass hot takes on it

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Terrific Accident posted:

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.
Star Bores. People in space talking to and killing cgi monsters.

1,768 days until the Chewbaca the sasquach and beep boop robot one off movie!

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Ride The Gravitron posted:

The original trilogy sucked
The second trilogy sucked harder
The third trilogy will suck the hardest

The original trilogy is good overrated but good but yeah this

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka

KillerJunglist posted:

Star Bores. People in space talking to and killing cgi monsters.

1,768 days until the Chewbaca the sasquach and beep boop robot one off movie!

The beep boop robot is called IG-88 and he has an elaborate and heartbreaking backstory, show some respect

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
How can a movie suck more than the phantom menace? Just wait

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
Grill yourself and ascend to the Stars

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
The old movies had that spark of oddball originality. Let's go on a space adventure with a gay robot, barking dog man, and Frog Einstein.

The new movies are just dragging out old corpses to spray down with Febreeze and a fresh coat of paint.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
im glad everyone died at the end of the last movie

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
What I don't get is why Disney bought this like massive universe which people have been coming up with stupid poo poo to throw in it for like what, 30 years and then proceed to just copy the original films or make stupid films relating to the original films or characters.

They could have hosed off with that stupid Han Solo movie and legitimately had their Star Wars version of Guardians of the Galaxy or whatnot and done very, very well with it. But they keep harping on the same 10 concepts. Their Marvel movies are trying to evolve but they just aren't doing that with this.

ED: Here Disney, you know how people like bounty hunters and Boba Fett? Well people don't want more loving Boba Fett, but they sure do want more "badass Bounty Hunter going around loving poo poo up," so there you go. A better Star Wars movie than anything planned. Hell just rip off the original story from Prey 2 and stick it in Star Wars.

Tell me a Star Wars version of that wouldn't be at least different:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufikwk7_AD0

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Jul 17, 2017

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
I disliked the force even back when it was magic.

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010
Who is going to see all these super hero movies too? Even my kids basically say 'meh' if I ask if they want to see them

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.
Force choking is stupid and too complicated to explain away why they can or can't choke people (weakness to the force must suck) but on the other hand force pushing/pulling is badass and way way underused.

The poo poo Count Duku Lee does with all the heavy poo poo towards Yoda is only scratching the surface. I'd have a bag of sharp poo poo on hand to force throw 24/7.

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Star Wars makes good video games sometimes. Really the only thing the franchise has going for it anymore imo.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

RaceBannon posted:

Who is going to see all these super hero movies too? Even my kids basically say 'meh' if I ask if they want to see them

in my experience its solidly the 20-30 demo ive even never noticed a kid in a theater for one kids seem to like star wars tho

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
astral jihad

galactic crusades

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

Chomp8645 posted:

Star Wars makes good video games sometimes. Really the only thing the franchise has going for it anymore imo.

This

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

Les Os posted:

astral jihad

sweet doom metal band name

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
And now Disney will have their own Star Wars theme park, with jizz guzzlers and twileks.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Colonel Cancer posted:

And now Disney will have their own Star Wars theme park, with jizz guzzlers and twileks.

There is a definite market for a theme park that boasts they have jizz guzzlers

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Les Os posted:

astral jihad

galactic crusades

That's no moon (god)...

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Staaaaar waaaars

Nothing but Star Waaaars

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
what kind of gullible normie falls for such obvious marketing tripe shallowly pandering to their nostalgia and sense of community

*starts hooting an hollering for the 27th Plinkett movie to come out whilst watching Season 3 of Twin Peaks*

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

Junior Jr. posted:

Star wars used to be super cool in the 80's, then they got hosed up in the early to mid 2000's, then it got cool again 2 years ago...and now the hype's just died out...it's gotten boring. Now there's gonna be a new star wars movie every year, a poo poo ton of merch that'll likely end up in landfills and dumpster fires, and it'll never ever go away because it's always in your face.

You could say... I'm just so tired of all these star wars.

Agreed.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
star wars always be boring

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Cosmic Quibbles

Blazing Ownager posted:

There is a definite market for a theme park that boasts they have jizz guzzlers
"Some say Jizz was born in New Orleans, some say in New York. Others say it got its start in Mos Eisley. But that don't matter - it's all Jizz."
- Jellyroll Fett, "Doctor Jizz"

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

ROFLburger posted:

Rogue One was way better than The Force Awakens

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

Avirosb posted:

I disliked the force even back when it was magic.

i disliked the force when it was just the mass and the acceleration

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
its poo poo and it will never die and go away now that disney owns it

Xtra Innings Lovin
Nov 11, 2016

Could use more nudity imo. Ideally some on screen full penetration

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
I don't feel like George Lucas hit his prime until the late 90s

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.
i saw episode one with my dad at a theater when i was like 10 or 11 i thought it was p cool but i had no reference for it.
i didn't watch the first one whatever it's now called until about a year ago and while it was good it didn't really impress me or anything so i have no context for the obsession with star wars and i haven't seen any other ones. i did like those little scrapper guys that's what i'd want to be in a Star War.

by being exposed to mass media i pretty much get the gist for the all of the ones i haven't seen. i knew exactly what was going to happen in the first one already just by having watched television and could probably suss out the plots of the rest without watching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fiddler on the Reef
Apr 29, 2011

Star wars is for children, op

• Locked thread