Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Do train stories count

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I went up to new hanpshire on a train about a month ago and I fell asleep curled up in a ball and when I woke up I realized my foot was on the lap of the hipster sitting next to me and my butt was pressed up against him. I apologized but he said he didn't care and didn't want to wake me cause he could tell I was exhausted so I guess I could count as a mass transit horror story

I was also not wearing shoes at the time I put them in my bag

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Oh man, I dunno what it is about the scanners at Terminal 2 at RDU, but I get flagged every. loving. Time. Something in my right knee sets off the drat body scanners and I get a complimentary TSA patdown. I don't have any surgical implants in that knee (that I know of) and I've never been flagged at any other airport I've been to. Hell, even the body scanners at Terminal 1 (the older terminal) didn't flag me when I flew out of there.

Sounds like a surgeon left something in your leg my accident maybe?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Dick Trauma posted:

When I was a kid (in the 1970s) I was on a flight from Brussels to Montreal. Over the Atlantic there was terrible turbulence, the worst I've ever been through. As we approached Montreal the puking started, and before long there was a lovely barf chain reaction circulating in the seats toward the rear. I remember looking back over my seat and seeing a quick fountain of vomit shooting up into the air from someone.

It got so bad that during final approach a flight attendant was walking up the aisle shaking out one of those little aftershave bottles like she was anointing the seats with holy water.

Aqua Velva did little to improve the scent of widespread puking.

EDIT: I should point out that in the seventies there were little aftershave bottles and soaps in the lavatory, like what you'd find in a hotel room.

Who the gently caress shaves in an airplane??

• Locked thread