Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I like:

We Hate Movies - Some cool fat nerds from NYC who review bad movies in a format that is similar to RLM in the "friends having beers and making jokes" category. Tons of great episodes and jokes.

Astonishing Legends - A slightly spooky/slightly funny podcast exploring bigfoots, dogmen, jersey devils, etc. in a way that isn't quite tinfoil hat but isn't inviting people on to make fun of them in post edits. Some bone chilling episodes.

What are your favorites? Any topic, you can even recommend a starter episode or something. Make your commute less lovely.

Firstborn has a new favorite as of 23:44 on Jul 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Listen to The Laughing Indian or the Shadow People episode of Astonishing Legends. Spooky stuff.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

7c Nickel posted:

I gave this a try and honestly I kind of detest these people now. They seem to have to no attention span or patience for anything they watch but are also condescending and dismissive for anything they don't already know.

I'm not sure which episode you tried, but try Mortal Kombat or Timecop or something. I respect your opinion, though.

I'm sorry you didn't like it! :( If you are searching for other movie podcasts, maybe try "How Did This Get Made" or "The Flophouse".

Firstborn has a new favorite as of 21:55 on Jul 18, 2017

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Mysterious Universe is one that I discovered recently that is pretty good to listen to. A lot of weird history moments and stuff.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I don't like Last Podcast because they tend to undermine the actual content with real lovely jokes. I tried to listen to the Bloop episode, and even when they are like, "let's play the sound.." one guy is just talking over it saying how it sounds like a fart or whatever.

Astonishing Legends is great. Listen to Skinwalker Ranch & Laughing Indian for sure. If you like it, try the one about the time traveling guy (Titor, I think? It's real good), dyatlov pass (an old story but presented in a way that's entertaining even if you know it), the dude kidnapped by bigfoot, oak island... Honestly there's only a few episodes I didn't find really interesting. And the way they describe themselves is, "open minded, but not so much that your brain falls out".

Once you run out of Astonishing Legends to listen to, try Mysterious Universe. I'm still working through the catalogue, but lots of good stuff.

Jim Harold's Paranormal Podcast (and Jim Harold's Campfire Stories, same site) is also pretty good, but the host is kind of a non-entity. He just lets the callers or guests ramble in a way unimpeded that Legends does not - which is good in some ways, but the unedited nature doesn't really form a narrative in a way that AL stories tend to.

E: Definitely listen to the Mothman episodes of AL.

Firstborn has a new favorite as of 14:48 on Aug 22, 2017

• Locked thread