Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug
Cranked this out in about half a day? It's a little too big so it lags a little but I've got three different paths you can take to reach Toad Man.

e: I forgot to swap out the blocks for stuff that would probably look better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug

Hateworkboy posted:

Bomb Chute: once again your level is pretty darn impressive. I really liked that the first secret led to the suggestion of another, and let's the player know to keep a sharper eye out.

Toady Tri-Fortress: Quick and fun, makes replaying it satisfying. Nice use of multiple paths, and using that disappearing block to telegraph the higher path. My eyes absolutely would have missed it for the side/bottom path without it. Each one felt like it had it's own idea, and I liked the use of the collapsing platform/tunnel dash combo on the bottom path.

Yeah that's what I tried to go for, I made the top path first and thought HM I SHOULD GIVE A HEADS UP TO WHAT EACH PATH HAS, then that path ended up being easiest. The bottom route is probably the meanest at the converging vertical segment, the elevators w/ shooting enemies leads to pretty easy deaths.

MonsterEnvy posted:

Got to try that level.

It's boss

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug
#2, easier and shorter than the first? Yeah!

Probably could have expanded on the puzzle platforming for both paths cause it makes you feel more cool than smart but oh well.

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug

Shibawanko posted:

This one's really good, there's some tricky parts where you did a good job on positioning enemies in such a way that they're hard to get rid of.

Knight Man is a bit of a motherfucker who will either stand still for the whole fight and throw his ball at you or just jump around for 5 minutes straight.

Yeah I hear you on Knight Man, I didn't want to give boss weapons though cause they'd cheese the stage sections and make it a little too easy.

Last one for today, pretty much all platforming.

e: I hope that wily machines, weather effects, boss rushes, and rising lava become things soon, I'm having a lot of fun making levels.

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug

Stealth Tiger posted:

This thing is pretty darn great, and I've had good luck finding levels that are actually fun to play and not just Kaizo bullshit.

I made a vertical scrolling stage that has you going down, since every other vertical scrolling stage I've played in my life has the player ascending. Perhaps there is a good reason for this, judging from the critical reception I've received. Let me know what you guys think! There should really be only one scary part, but there's a checkpoint right before it so it shouldn't be that bad.

This was a pretty alright level, good variation on what the player has to do to descend. My only complaint would be having screen scrolling for the spike pits, I didn't die in the section and am certainly not the most coordinated but having the brief moment of momentum reset timestop definitely helps with screen transitions.

Good job overall though!

Pelican Dunderhead fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Jul 24, 2017

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug
Level 4!

Indoor section's room transitioned for all the quick lasers, would have liked to do more with bomb platforms but that would probably be benefited by larger space, maybe next time!

I know the last room before the boss checkpoint kind of doesn't let you avoid getting hit, bomb platforms are a little finicky when paired w/ quick lasers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Have they added Guts Man lifts or disappearing blocks yet?

Yoku blocks are in, no dropping platforms yet. Dunno how frequent they'll be adding in the rest of classic mechanics but I'm hopeful it'll be quick even if it's not particularly fast.

• Locked thread