Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Andrigaar posted:

Much like everyone else, I've been messing around with the level editor, and was hesitant to post it here. But within a few minutes of uploading it, 5 people played it and one person already didn't like it. Oof.

So I just finished playing this so some feedback. I like the level split in the beginning that you had there, as well as the general platforming challenges but... The miner enemies weren't so much a challenge as annoying as with the small space you have to work with to fight them in without either being knocked off a platform or causing them to respawn you're just about forced to take a hit or two to either kill or run past one. The tower climb is a bit long and empty so it could do with being shortened as well. Your level also has some weird lag in it that I'm not experiencing in others that may be due to the size of it which made some of the platforming far more difficult than it should be. For the boss itself its design actually works against Bomb Man as every single one of this bombs hit a platform instead and the only damage I took was when he directly jumped into me, which was still rare enough that I buster dueled him to death without issue on my very first try or even using either of my two etanks.

Additionally the first flying shield enemy on the upper path has an awkward spawn location so that by the time it spawns you're already mid jump and there's no real way to avoid it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Petiso posted:

Does the editor have severe length limitations or are people mostly making short levels to get the hang on the thing at the moment?

If levels get too large they start to become really laggy. You can kind of see it in the stage I gave some feedback on earlier, but I've encountered much worse since then. I don't think it has anything to do with computer specs either, but is instead their game engine.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Evil Eagle posted:

Here's my new level, which gives you infinite Top Spin use.

I was really happy with my first version of this, then I accidentally closed the program and I hadn't saved it at all, so I remade the whole thing from memory. Please save often.

It was rough trying to get used to Knight Man's pattern in that room but once I got the hang of it, it was quite fun. Seems a shame that Top Spin doesn't seem to be able to harm bosses at all and just makes you take damage though.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Pelican Dunderhead posted:

This was a pretty alright level, good variation on what the player has to do to descend. My only complaint would be having screen scrolling for the spike pits, I didn't die in the section and am certainly not the most coordinated but having the brief moment of momentum reset timestop definitely helps with screen transitions.

Good job overall though!

Gonna have to echo you, with the addition of the part where you stop getting screen transitions in that one spike drop being incredibly jarring and got me killed on my first attempt at it.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Stealth Tiger posted:

Crash Course is real sweet, tightly made and I like that you were able to do a few different things with the gimmick. I broke your deadlock for you! (in the positive direction)

I really like the presentation in Scaling the Tower, it felt like an adventure. Although I totally got cheapshotted at the start of the boss fight :argh:

On to my latest:
Do you like teleporters and search engine optimized levels? Well then I made a level you might enjoy*!

-Bonus spoiler screenshot of the dumbest thing I have ever made! It makes a little more sense if you play through the rest of the level first. I think.-

*provided you don't mind an ending that is kinda easter egg-y but is also both very tedious to make and play through!

I was very disappointed that there wasn't some kind of secret screen for climbing up the spike stairway with the skull barrier subweapon, otherwise it was pretty neat. The final rooms could really use some kind of distinguishing mark though, I'm not sure what the reference was but I only completed it through dumb luck.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Discendo Vox posted:

After a lot of struggling with a weird boss gate bug, I was able to find a workaround that produces even better results. I hope you all enjoy a taste of my design aesthetic, with a map inspired by the most overpowered, cheesy and game-breaking of MMBN chips, with an ultra-challenging version of a familiar boss room.

I'm so excited to share my vision with you!

sorry for the double post but what the gently caress did I just play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Atown posted:

Check out this level I made. I spent a lot of time on it, but I think it's legit good.

...I'm not sure where to begin, but this is frankly pretty awful. The unindicated pit drop where there's only one safe spot to enter the next screen, as well as the first moving platform crushing you without warning if you stand on its middle instead of the very right edge of it both stand out in particular. That left side screen scroll directly into spikes without warning was also a huge dick move.

• Locked thread