Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
HELLO THE FORUMS FAVORITE WRESTLER TOURNAMENT IS GOING ON NOW: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3826085

BATTLEGROUND July 23rd

WWE Championship Punjabi Prison Match
Jinder Mahal(c) w/ The Singh Brothers vs. Randy Orton

WWE Smackdown Tag Team Championship Match
The Usos(c) vs. The New Day

Flag Match
John Cena vs. Rusev

US Championship Match
AJ Styles(c) vs. Kevin Owens

#1 Contender's 5 Woman Elimination Match
Charlotte Flair vs. Natalya vs. Tamina vs. Becky Lynch vs. Lana

Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Baron Corbin

Breezango close the case so they'll probably have an unscheduled match.

Pre-Show Kick-Off Match
Aiden English vs. Tye Dillinger

Raw Results

Dean Ambrose comes down to the ring and has a steel chair with him. He demands Miz and his cronies come out for a fight tonight. He sits down in the chair called "steely dan" and demands to fight. For some reason they are teasing a Shield reunion between only Dean and Seth. Seth comes out instead of Miz and asks why Dean is starting a fight he can't win. He says Dean said last night he wanted Seth to stay out of his business but last night Dean saved Seth from Miz and his cronies. Dean says that wasn't about Seth and he does what he wants, and he wanted to take Miz's head off with a chair. Seth said that Miz started this with him and dragged him into the fight but he wants to know if Dean will be in his way or by his side like the brothers they were. Dean says he had brothers in the Shield but Seth doesn't look familiar. He says a guy similar to him was in the Shield but he stabbed him in the back. Dean says he isn't his brother and never will be. Seth shouts that it was 3 years ago and he's sorry. He says he's sorry yet again and said they went through hell and Dean bested him so he thought this was over. Dean says he sees Seth's lips moving but nothings coming out of them. Seth looks at the chair in Dean's hands and tells him to hit him with the chair like he did 3 years ago. Seth demands to be hit so that Dean can put this all behind him. Dean slides the chair out of the ring instead and chats up Seth. Miz and the Miztourage come out and say they can never trust each other and that's why Miz will always be better. Miz and th miztourage lay out Dean and Seth with chairs. Miz hits Seth with a skull crushing finale on an open chair.

We come back from commercial and Miz and the Miztourage are in a hurry to leave the arena before facing Seth and Dean's wrath.

Bayley defeated Alexa Bliss. Nia Jax came down and Sasha then came down to save Nia from the two on one.

Kurt Angle is panicking about revealing the truth. Corey Graves left the commentary booth earlier and is backstage. He's telling Kurt that with social media like it is today that his secret would leak out eventually. He says everyone loves Kurt and they'd be understanding this way. Kurt thanks Corey for his friendship in this trying time.

Titus World Wide are backstage and I'm positive they film these segments with Titus sitting down so he doesn't dwarf Tozawa and Apollo. Titus says Apollo got his block knocked off against Braun a couple weeks ago but everyone does so its okay. He said That Tozawa has another title match and that Neville will feel the powah of tozawa. Ariya Daivari comes in and says that Tozawa is a cheater and he was going to beat him last week on 205 Live. Titus makes them have a match tonight.

Mustafa Ali & Gentleman Jack Gallagher defeat The Brian Kendrick & Drew Gulak.

Enzo Amore comes out and gives a heart felt promo about how he isn't done with Big Cass. He says Cass apparently believed Enzo was the weak one in the the team, but Cass' big rear end never won a title for them and last week his rear end couldn't cash the check its mouth wrote. Enzo says he's a fighter unlike Cass and that is proof because he's still standing. He shows Cass getting his rear end kicked by Big Show last week and says he couldn't even look a man in the eyes. Big Cass comes out and blames Corey for this yet again. Cass says Enzo is still running his mouth so he's gonna kick it down his throat. Enzo bails out the ring and says he's smarter than the average bear and knows Cass likes a fight and everyone wants to see one, but he's gonna watch from the crowd with the fans. Big Show comes out and him and Cass brawl around the ring. Cass throws Big Show into the turnbuckle and beats him down until Enzo tries to make the save but gets laid out with a big boot.

Roman Reigns is interviewed and reminds everyone that he beat the Undertaker at Wrestlemania and performs the best under pressure. Joe having beat him twice before doesn't worry him because he's going to beat Joe, beat Brock at Summerslam and be the next Universal Champion.

Rollins and Ambrose were recovering and arguing when Kurt Angle tells them next week they will face two people of the Miztourage next week. Ambrose says he wants all three, Seth agrees so next week its 3 on 2.

Finn Balor defeats Elisa Sampson by DQ when Sampson shatters his guitar on Finn.

The Bray Wyatt and Finn Balor feud is back on as Bray appears on the tron and cuts a promo about how he is going to hurt Finn Balor or some bullshit.

Kurt Angle is on the phone saying he's feeling less nervous about the announcement. Bayley and Sasha walk in and they ask him to settle a friendly disagreement. Bayley says she's number 1 contender and Sasha says she is. Kurt says they'll have a number 1 contenders match next week to decided.

Revival are interviewed about why they attacked the Hardyz last week. The Revival say why wouldn't they? Laying out a legendary tag team like the Hardyz is an easy way to make a name. They say the Hardyz big leagued them and pretended they had no idea who they were but from now on they'll remember the Revivla.

Ariya Daivari defeats Akira Tozawa via forfeit when Titus called off the match due to Tozawa having a hurt shoulder.

Kurt Angle comes and reveals that he has a child with a college sweetheart. The child was also given up for adoption. Kurt says this child is just like him. A three sport star and is a current WWE superstar. His son is Jason Jordan. Kurt cries and they hug in the ring and celebrate. By the way Jordan is now on Raw and American Alpha is dead.

The Revival defeats The Hardy Boyz after Jeff gets crotched on the top rope and Dash pins Jeff with a handful of pants.

Samoa Joe is interviewed and Joe puts over Roman well but then says he's meeting Roman for the third time in a row and it will be the same as last two times.

Tozawa and Titus are arguing backstage about Titus calling the match off. Tozawa's arm is all iced up. Titus says he's thinking about Tozawa's future not a singular match that doesn't matter. Tozawa says he wants Daivari on 205 Live tomorrow and storms off. Titus was sitting down again.

Roman Reigns vs. Samoa Joe is a no contest when Braun Strowman returns and brawls with both Roman and Joe. All three are fighting but Braun lays them both out. Security comes down and try getting Braun off them, Braun lays Roman out twice with his running powerslam in revenge before storming off to end Raw.

Smackdown Results
  • Jinder and the Singh Brothers introduced the Punjabi Prison and reminded us of the rules (get out of the smaller cage and then out of the larger one around it). Jinder promised to leave Orton as ugly as the country of America. Orton came out and said he had nothing to lose, and that Jinder was a fool to lock himself into a cage with him.

• Jimmy Uso defeated Kofi Kingston after being distracted by Jey, allowing Jimmy to recover enough to turn a crossbody into a Small Package pinfall.

• Shane McMahon met with the 5 women from the Number One Contenders match at the PPV and asked them what kind of match they wanted for tonight. They argued over it, including Charlotte suggesting Becky wasn't a match for her. Shane made Charlotte vs Becky official.

• Chad Gable did a sitdown interview with Renee Young about Jason Jordan being Kurt Angle's secret black son whom Kurt loves very much. Chad said it was a surprise to him but he'd since spoken with Jordan and supported his friend 100%, and now he was going to have to move forward as a singles competitor.

• Mike Kanellis defeated Sami Zayn in a quick match which Sami mostly dominated until Maria distracted him.

• John Cena did a promo about Battleground and discussed his flag match. He said the American flag would fly high at the end of the match. As he posed with the flag, Rusev attacked him from behind, put him in the Accolade and managed to keep him in it until Cena passed out. Rusev posed with the Bulgarian flag.

• Becky Lynch defeated Charlotte clean in their match, tapping her out with the Disarmer in just under 10 minutes. After the match, Tamina and Lana distracted Charlotte and BEcky, allowing Nattie to blindside them. Afterwards, Nattie argued with Lana so Tamina took Nattie out.

• The Fashion Files did an X-Files spoof with elements of Se7en (seriously). A "little green man" (a deliveryman) gave them a box that had the severed head of Fandango's hobby horse, and a note reading BATTLEGROUND. The quest for those stick figure dudes concludes at the PPV.

• The main event was AJ Styles & Nakamura vs Kevin Owens and Baron Corbin. Corbin tried to blindside Nakamura with the briefcase as he came down the ramp, but Nakamura was prepared and ducked the attack. Owens tried to assist Corbin but AJ evened the numbers and the two sides squared off.

• Kevin Owens pinned AJ Styles after a very good match, getting the blind tag after Nakamura had been knocked into the timekeeper's area. Afterwards he gloated to AJ that he would regain his US Title at the PPV.

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Jul 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Skip the first 2 hours cause it was awful but the last hour was pretty good.

Also they're going to 50/50 Finn and than have him face Bray good job with the Club!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I loving love that Kurt Angle is Jason Jordan's secret dad, it rules.

Also VJeff lost his bet and now he has to produce a tribute (powerpoint preferred) to the Architect and Sole Creative Force behind the Women's Revolution: Stephanie McMahon.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Lol wwe is so bad.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Jason Jordan, probably the best wrestler, is Kurt's Secret Son

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

I also love Kurt Angle's son and it's sad this is going to lead to Triple H going on a tirade about white genocide

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

That Vjeff powerpoint better be half as good Tanahashi's DDT powerpoint!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Kurt is all our dads. :)

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I think they are doing a four way at Summerslam and are having Braun pin Roman to win the title

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

projecthalaxy posted:

I think they are doing a four way at Summerslam and are having Braun pin Roman to win the title

If they don't take this opportunity to get the title on someone regularly active I will...

Not be surprised I guess but still find it quite dumb.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
Has Brock been beaten by anyone that isn't a part-timer since he came back

The only one I can think of is Seth and he didn't pin Brock

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
I can't believe Kurt and Heath are our dads.

I've felt so close to all of you.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Just letting you know, I don't have Photoshop and I don't know how to use Powerpoint, so this is going to be a trainwreck!

But I hope I can make it a fun trainwreck, in the spirit of that Kurt segment.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

CubsWoo posted:

Cena, 3 years ago. By DQ.

Before that would be Triple H at Wrestlemania 29, if he wasn't already a part timer by then?

If not that, Cena at Extreme Rules 2012.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I'm not sure Braun is ready for a run with the title but he's also the most over guy right now and they need the Belt off Brock so getting him a run is probably for the best

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:rip: American Alpha
:rip: hopes of Emma and Summer Rae sticking around long-term
:rip: Finn
:rip: Talking Smack

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

CubsWoo posted:

Do you count HHH in 2013 as a part-timer? If so, Cena in 2012.

Besides that, his losses are: Goldberg at Survivor Series, Roman Reigns at Fastlane (wasn't pinned), the Undertaker at Summerslam, Rollins at Wrestlemania 31 (wasn't pinned) and John Cena by DQ when Rollins walloped Cena with the briefcase.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Also CubsFan says WWE hasn't given Gran Metallik a match in 28 days

WWE literally sitting on one of the most talented modern luchadores just so nobody else can have him :laffo:

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

VJeff posted:

Do you count HHH in 2013 as a part-timer? If so, Cena in 2012.

I don't count either of those as full-timers but I guess Cena? I can't remember if he was full time back then but if he wasn't he was well on the way

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
You have to give WWE credit, if they run with Reigns/BRAUN/Joe/Lesnar, they've done an incredible job with everyone involved recently. It feels like a big deal.

Also glad to see Balor is (maybe?) getting a real feud with Bray. Can't believe I'm saying that about a Bray Wyatt feud in this, 2017, the year of our Lord.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Kurt Angle came

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

CubsWoo posted:

I don't count either of those as full-timers but I guess Cena? I can't remember if he was full time back then but if he wasn't he was well on the way

If you don't count Cena, then he hasn't been beaten by a full-timer in this run.

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

Chad Gable and Jason Jordan were a treasure. I want Angle to be my dad.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

Also CubsFan says WWE hasn't given Gran Metallik a match in 28 days

WWE literally sitting on one of the most talented modern luchadores just so nobody else can have him :laffo:

Are we past Okada in TNA levels misuse now? It feels that way

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

Cena, 3 years ago. By DQ.

Before that would be Triple H at Wrestlemania 29, if he wasn't already a part timer by then?

If not that, Cena at Extreme Rules 2012.

triple h was totally a part timer in 2013, as was hbk who helped him win

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Are we past Okada in TNA levels misuse now? It feels that way

Okada was actually given stuff to do in TNA, it was just almost always "get his rear end kicked so Joe could get pissed and save him or get his own rear end kicked trying"

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

it would be funnier if they haven't been doing this since vince jr got the company in the 80's, kind of an old joke tbh

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I fell in love with Metalik during the CWC and my heart breaks at his current state.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Brock's two best matches since coming back were vs. CM Punk and vs. Goldberg at 'mania this year, which makes sense because both completely own

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Kurt Angle and Jason Jordan in: My Black Son

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

Okada was actually given stuff to do in TNA, it was just almost always "get his rear end kicked so Joe could get pissed and save him or get his own rear end kicked trying"

Also Okada was on loan whereas Metalik is actually signed by the WWE lol

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Brock's two best matches since coming back were vs. CM Punk and vs. Goldberg at 'mania this year, which makes sense because both completely own

imo Cena at ER '12, SS '14 and NoC '14 tells an awesome story and I really wish we could get one more match between them, especially now that Cena's evolved into PWG Cena.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Table for 3 has Simmons, Mark Henry and Godfather on and Rock sent them all gifts. Henry and Godfather got watches and Ron got a picture of Dwayne, all as a callback to a former Nation promo spot

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

VJeff posted:

imo Cena at ER '12, SS '14 and NoC '14 tells an awesome story and I really wish we could get one more match between them, especially now that Cena's evolved into PWG Cena.

The Extreme Rules match is great and I'd put at number 3 or 4, SS is notable for Lesnar creating the style he runs with today, I have no memory of NoC other than it ended in a fart

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

VJeff posted:

Wasn't Lesnar/Cena/Rollins at Royal Rumble a couple years back pretty rad or am I misremembering that

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Professor Funk posted:

Wasn't Lesnar/Cena/Rollins at Royal Rumble a couple years back pretty rad or am I misremembering that

Cena/Rollins/Lesnar is loving incredible and my personal favorite Lesnar match. It doesn't particularly advance the Cena/Lesnar story but it's still loving awesome.

The Extreme Rules match is great and I'd put at number 3 or 4, SS is notable for Lesnar creating the style he runs with today, I have no memory of NoC other than it ended in a fart

Basically Cena still gets his rear end kicked but fights through it and hits a million AAs on Lesnar throughout the match. It's the match where they feel closest to "equal", but it ends inconclusively, so we don't know who the true better man is. Which is why I want a final match. :v:

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Professor Funk posted:

It's one of the best matches in Wwe history

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

The_Rob posted:

Lol wwe is so bad.
Actually its good and I want them to sign every indie wrestler just to leave them in the mothballs of 205 live and Main Event

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Excited for Drifter vs Demon III next week. Its no DQ so Elias can win after a Sister Abigail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I just pulled up Cena/Lesnar at NoC '14.

Dear lord, the crowds then to the crowds now. :gonk:

• Locked thread