Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Finn tweeted an image of himself, back turned, to show where the guitar legit busted his head open

I swear I can't think of any wrestler who's been stiffed and/or hurt more often in the last calendar year. This, the major injuries that sidelined him, the one or two times Jinder concussed him, the time Jinder stiffed and almost concussed him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That Raw was legitimately good and I'm not gonna let the naysayers gonna get me down tonight.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Professor Funk posted:

Wasn't Lesnar/Cena/Rollins at Royal Rumble a couple years back pretty rad or am I misremembering that
That's the one I go back and forth with on the number three place. I just think the Punk match at Summerslam and the Goldberg match at 'Mania are loving A+

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

Finn tweeted an image of himself, back turned, to show where the guitar legit busted his head open

I swear I can't think of any wrestler who's been stiffed and/or hurt more often in the last calendar year. This, the major injuries that sidelined him, the one or two times Jinder concussed him, the time Jinder stiffed and almost concussed him

it's almost like jinder is a bad wrestler

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

Chris James 2 posted:

Agreed, Finn is an unsafe worker who can't take a bump right. Japan ruined him

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

That's the one I go back and forth with on the number three place. I just think the Punk match at Summerslam and the Goldberg match at 'Mania are loving A+

:agreed: on the Punk match, maybe one of Punk's best WWE matches ever too. My list would probably be:

1. Lesnar/Punk, Summerslam
2. Lesnar/Cena, Extreme Rules
3. Lesnar/Cena/Rollins, Royal Rumble
4. Lesnar/Cena, Summerslam
5. Tie between Lesnar/Reigns at WM31 and Lesnar/Goldberg.

Not sure if Lesnar/Reigns being on there is me just overrating it because of the Rollins cash-in.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

it's almost like jinder is a bad wrestler

There was a streak of like three or four weeks in a row there where somebody got stiffed in a Jinder match.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

That Raw was legitimately good and I'm not gonna let the naysayers gonna get me down tonight.

Jason Jordan is Kurt angles son.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I thought most of the show was like a 3/10 but the main event and Secret Son Segment were both like 15/10 sp it averages to like a 8/10 show?

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
Joe and Roman are outstanding wrestlers

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

The_Rob posted:

And next week Jason is turning heel because his dad neglected him his entire life. Pretty rude.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I really hope they run with Seth and Dean as a tag team for a while and I feel like they might because they don't have any other face tag teams other than the Hardys, who are seemingly occupied with the Revival. Also now I'm thinking Jason Jordan will challenge Miz for the IC Title maybe?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
so now that AA is dead i guess ascension were really the ones behind the office trashing all along

that or tm61/AoP is about to get called up to squash them

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

projecthalaxy posted:

I thought most of the show was like a 3/10 but the main event and Secret Son Segment were both like 15/10 sp it averages to like a 8/10 show?

I thought the opener was very good too.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

so now that AA is dead i guess ascension were really the ones behind the office trashing all along

that or tm61/AoP is about to get called up to squash them

Or Breezango are the next team to break up

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

Or Breezango are the next team to break up

please let new day break their own record but on smackdown

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
They should just break up every tag team.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Professor Funk posted:

:agreed: on the Punk match, maybe one of Punk's best WWE matches ever too. My list would probably be:

2. Lesnar/Cena, Extreme Rules
3. Lesnar/Cena/Rollins, Royal Rumble
4. Lesnar/Cena, Summerslam
5. Tie between Lesnar/Reigns at WM31 and Lesnar/Goldberg.

Not sure if Lesnar/Reigns being on there is me just overrating it because of the Rollins cash-in.

This is a good list. I just rate the Goldberg match at two because it might be the best match shorter than 8 minutes I've ever seen. I was watching it with friends and we all went loving nuts and it held up just as well on rewatches.

2. Lesnar/Goldberg, Wrestlemania
3. Lesnar/Rollins/Cena, Royal Rumble
4. Lesnar/Cena, Extreme Rules
5. Lesnar/Undertaker, Hell in a Cell

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

The_Rob posted:

They should just break up every tag team.

good news!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Agreed on breaking up every tag team. Also, please future endeavor all wrestlers under 6 feet tall. They are not worthy of being Kurt's children.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

we are all kurt's children

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

This is a good list. I just rate the Goldberg match at two because it might be the best match shorter than 8 minutes I've ever seen. I was watching it with friends and we all went loving nuts and it held up just as well on rewatches.

2. Lesnar/Goldberg, Wrestlemania
3. Lesnar/Rollins/Cena, Royal Rumble
4. Lesnar/Cena, Extreme Rules
5. Lesnar/Undertaker, Hell in a Cell

I forgot about the Lesnar/Taker HIAC blowoff. That was pretty decent and I remember being surprised at how good it was at the time.

The match v. Goldberg is awesome because it was also an awesome use of Goldberg, and they found a way to work around his limitations perfectly.

It's weird to be talking this highly of Lesnar because I honestly find him boring as poo poo now and I can't wait for him not to be champ.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Raskolnikov38 posted:

we are all kurt's children

Brother... :)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Tag Team Breakups From Jan 1 Up To July 17: American Alpha, Enzo and Cass, Goldust and R-Truth, Kevin Owens and Jericho, Vaudevillains, Wyatt Family

(Counting NXT, DIY also broke up)

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The first 2 hours of Raw were real bad but the Angle bit was so bad it was great and the last match/segment was great so maybe it balances out

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Im not on the computer sadly but just go ahead and photoshop Jason Jordangle in here to complete the family circle of trust.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I guess Kurt was a fan of the black people after all.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

Tag Team Breakups From Jan 1 Up To July 17: American Alpha, Enzo and Cass, Goldust and R-Truth, Kevin Owens and Jericho, Vaudevillains, Wyatt Family

(Counting NXT, DIY also broke up)

Young Bucks winning Observer team of the year by default!

Cause the Revival will be broken up by Survivor Series!

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

CubsWoo posted:

I don't count either of those as full-timers but I guess Cena? I can't remember if he was full time back then but if he wasn't he was well on the way
If we're calling John Cena a part-timer, we need some sort of secondary term for "almost no-timers" or something. John Cena in 2012 wrestled on TV/PPV 48 times and including house shows about 180 days. Cena's taken time off to do other projects, but it's kind of remarkable just how dedicated he was to WWE up until about a year ago.

Televised/PPV Matches (and totals with house shows) for John Cena:

2017 (to date): 11/41
2016: 12/50
2015: 40/136
2014: 53/164
2013: 34/142
2012: 48/184
2011: 53/202
2010: 57/178
2009: 58/166
2008: 42/83
2007: 46/113

The last year other "part timers" did double digit tv/ppv matches:
Undertaker: 2010 (13 matches)
Triple H: 2010 (16 matches)
Brock Lesnar: 2003 (42 matches)
Goldberg: 2003 (26 matches)
Rock: 2002 (30 matches)

I grant you that the writing has been on the wall of "Cena Won't Be Around Forever" for years now, but he's in a class apart from the other "part timers".

King Bahamut
Nov 12, 2003
internet internet lama sabacthani

schweens posted:

It's one of the best matches in Wwe history

It was the most video game final boss Brock has ever been. Those combo spots where they teamed up to take him out momentarily might have been QTE's during a cutscene

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

VJeff posted:

Just letting you know, I don't have Photoshop and I don't know how to use Powerpoint, so this is going to be a trainwreck!

But I hope I can make it a fun trainwreck, in the spirit of that Kurt segment.

The secret is not being afraid to fiddle around with background colors and fonts and such (within the bounds of readability, of course).

That and go nuts with all the different wipes/transitions. Reach for the star(wipe)s, my dude :c00lbert:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So I almost predicted this Raw other than the Kurt reveal. Admittedly none of the predictions were outlandish but here's the Raw half of the Summerslam card I'd do.

Brock/Braun/Joe/Roman for the Universal Title (Anyone but Brock wins, ideally Braun)
Seth and Dean/Sheasaro for the Tag Titles (Seth and Dean win)
Jason Jordan v. Miz, IC Title (JJ wins)
Finn/Bray (Finn wins as Demon)
Hardys (possibly Broken?) v. Revival (Or Regular Hardys, Revival win, post match injury angle leads to Broken Status)

Also here's how I'm hoping/thinking the handicap match plays out next week. I'm thinking what happens is something like Seth takes a bullet for Dean in the match finale, Dean hits one of the two geeks with Dirty Deeds for the pin, they hug it out to a huge pop, then they're a tag team and go after Sheasaro. I'm largely typing this out in the hopes that my predictive powers continue to be correct. :)

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
Why does WWE have no limit in its capacity to have me think "that's stupidest bullshit possible".

I'm at least glad that Roman hasn't become number 1 contender off the back of attempted vehicular homicide. Yet.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

Edge & Christian posted:

If we're calling John Cena a part-timer, we need some sort of secondary term for "almost no-timers" or something. John Cena in 2012 wrestled on TV/PPV 48 times and including house shows about 180 days. Cena's taken time off to do other projects, but it's kind of remarkable just how dedicated he was to WWE up until about a year ago.

Televised/PPV Matches (and totals with house shows) for John Cena:

2017 (to date): 11/41
2016: 12/50
2015: 40/136
2014: 53/164
2013: 34/142
2012: 48/184
2011: 53/202
2010: 57/178
2009: 58/166
2008: 42/83
2007: 46/113

I grant you that the writing has been on the wall of "Cena Won't Be Around Forever" for years now, but he's in a class apart from the other "part timers".

Good data, and I can admit I was wrong about Cena being part time in 2012. I think it's still telling that the only losses Brock has taken in five years were to:

Cena (ER '12)
HHH (WM 29)
Cena (DQ, NoC '14)
Rollins (Pinned Reigns in triple threat via cash-in, WM 31)
Undertaker (SummerSlam '15, dick attack/dirty loss)
Reigns (Pinned Ambrose in triple threat, Fastlane '16)
Goldberg (Survivor Series '16)
plus two Royal Rumbles he entered but did not win.

That's one clean loss in a standard match, two clean losses in no holds barred matches, two losses in multi-man matches where he wasn't pinned, a DQ loss and a dirty loss after a low blow. It's clear that Brock's existence is now laser focused on putting Reigns over at WM34, it won't work, and all the time and money and stagnation the business will have been put through to keep Brock as their never-on-TV champion will have essentially been for nothing.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Edge & Christian posted:

i don't understand why these figures matter in 2013-2017 unless you're grasping at straws to play devil's advocate

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

SamuraiFoochs posted:

That Raw was legitimately good

The_Rob posted:

I love the English language, these two posts use different words but say the exact same thing :)

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Jerusalem posted:

I love the English language, these two posts use different words but say the exact same thing :)

You son of a... wait until your father KURT ANGLE gets home!!!

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Does this mean that Stephanie is Jason Jordan's mom?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The_Rob posted:

You son of a... wait until your father KURT ANGLE gets home!!!

...from the Senate? :bigtran:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
I hate this angle

Both Jason and the storyline

• Locked thread