Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

a new study bible! posted:

Does this mean that Stephanie is Jason Jordan's mom?

Dixie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
If Vince is about anything it's illegitimate sons and incest. So in my opinion we should be really scared as to where this leads.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Anybody have our daddy's number? I need to call him and see if he is buying me anything for my birthday in a few weeks.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
am i a big idiot if i actually think Bray/Finn could be a decently cool feud

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Jul 18, 2017

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Seriously this is the greatest thing I've ever seen in DubyaE history. The Jason Jordangle/Kurt interview here is just hilarious: https://youtu.be/ex1D5SRCDaE

Raw, I'll watch you next week. You have earned the respect you deserve.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Professor Funk posted:

i am a big idiot if i actually think Bray/Finn could be a decently cool feud

yes you are

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Professor Funk posted:

i am a big idiot if i actually think Bray/Finn could be a decently cool feud

It absolutely could be if they use it to elevate both guys and build a big face and a big heel but you must remember this is wwe and it will probably end in a lot of magical wacky bullshit.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Is this the first secret son that wasnt hornswoggle? I mean hornswoggle was finlay's secret son then vince's secret son then finlay's even secreter son

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

I just saw this actually laughed at myself for that typo, perfect given the context

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Professor Funk posted:

It's a Bray feud. At this point you are if you go in with any expectations beyond "Bray loses at the end". At least that way there's a chance you'll be happily surprised once every 10 feuds

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2x7K8mi9Dg

Odnet
Mar 17, 2005
Hollerate.
How long until Jason Jordan being Kurt Angle's son is never mentioned again? I'm going with a month.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

projecthalaxy posted:

Is this the first secret son that wasnt hornswoggle? I mean hornswoggle was finlay's secret son then vince's secret son then finlay's even secreter son

Kane was Undertaker's secret brother and Paul Bearer's secret son!

Big Show was Andre the Giant's secret son too.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Professor Funk posted:

Name the last time a Bray Wyatt feud actually elevated someone and didn't end in horrible bullshit that made them less over than before.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Rhonne posted:

Big Show was Andre the Giant's secret son too.

He had his favorite shirt and everything

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Benne posted:

Name the last time a Bray Wyatt feud actually elevated someone and didn't end in horrible bullshit that made them less over than before.

Bray won a feud with Ryback once and then Ryback won the IC title a week later. Does that count?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Luke Harper did an interview with BirthMoviesDeath talking about his acting debut in the horror film Mohawk, which just premiered at Fantasia on Saturday http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2017/07/16/fantasia-2017-wwe-star-jon-huber-a.k.a.-luke-harper-talks-his-mohawk-acting

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Chris James 2 posted:

Luke Harper did an interview with BirthMoviesDeath talking about his acting debut in the horror film Mohawk, which just premiered at Fantasia on Saturday http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2017/07/16/fantasia-2017-wwe-star-jon-huber-a.k.a.-luke-harper-talks-his-mohawk-acting

I'm pretty sure they should just make an adaptation of "Sun Dog" by Stephen King, except instead of a dog in polaroids, it's Luke Harper appearing on Fangoria magazine covers, always just a little bit closer to the foreground each time you look at it.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Don't get me wrong, it's pretty incredible how they've sort of squandered Brock's Conqueror Gimmick in terms of not using it to make anyone else. And it was incredibly stupid to let Cena beat him clean (or whatever was supposed to happen there) in his first match back. I was just pointing out that Cena wasn't part time when that happened in 2012, and I was honestly kind of surprised at the amount of dates Cena kept putting in all the way up to 2015.

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

i don't understand why these figures matter in 2013-2017 unless you're grasping at straws to play devil's advocate
They matter in the sense of John Cena isn't a "part timer" in the way that Lesnar, Undertaker, HHH, Goldberg, etc. were in any year prior to 2016. He may have taken a couple of months off, he may have been perceived as a "part timer", I'm going to assume people are going to groan when he beats Rusev or anyone else for the rest of his career, but he's been a more active wrestler every single year including 2017 than most of the other "part timers" people make jerk off motions towards have been in years.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Odnet posted:

How long until Jason Jordan being Kurt Angle's son is never mentioned again? I'm going with a month.
It's going to go exactly like Curtis axle a few years ago. Try to force it for a few weeks then give up.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Benne posted:

Can I say Bray Wyatt - AJ Styles - John Cena?

Two matches can be a feud!

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

1) Braun is still the best part of raw and it makes me happy to watch him hurt people
2) I want to walk with Elias

reach42
May 20, 2008

Satan is my lord
Bribe officials and kill goats
Hail Satan, Go Hawks
I got real peeved at the crowd when they started "CM Punking" the cruiserweight tag match, but Mustafa Ali's 450 shut em up.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
So is he Jason Angle now or what

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
has anyone considered that being the black son of kurt angle, jason jordans rapping ability is going to be astronomical

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I found out who Kurt Angle knocked up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4lnxzog-Qc

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
They couldn't have thought of a better way to put Jason Jordan together than breaking up one of the most exciting tag teams on their roster, stranding his tag-team partner alone on Smackdown with no story, and involving some silly illegitimate son angle?

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

RealFoxy posted:

They couldn't have thought of a better way to put Jason Jordan together than breaking up one of the most exciting tag teams on their roster, stranding his tag-team partner alone on Smackdown with no story, and involving some silly illegitimate son angle?

It makes more sense when you remember the WWE sees tag teams as an inherent waste of talent and money.

Never forget these are the people who repeatedly tried to break up The New Day and The Shield at their peak.

KirbyJ
Oct 30, 2012

CarlCX posted:

It makes more sense when you remember the WWE sees tag teams as an inherent waste of talent and money.

It would probably help if Jim Cornette stopped calling Vince every morning at 9am Louisville time to tell him that tag team wrestling is the best kind of wrestling, the Midnight Express has made more money together than anyone ever has as a singles wrestler, and also please tell peopole that wrestling is real and not fake so we could back to the glory days of the seventies, thank you gently caress you bye.
'
Every morning since '97.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

The idea of breaking up American Alpha is weird to me because it feels like they never did much of anything to begin with.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Not to mention why couldn't it have been an angle where Kurt needs both of them to back him up. Hell you can even do the illegitimate son stuff during that, but there is no point in breaking them up.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I've watched all the WWE stuff since Great Balls of Fire and I'm confused. Wrestling is... good now?

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I just started watching wrestling like a month ago and people tell me we're in one of the worst periods ever right now but there's been a ton of great poo poo lately and I'm not seeing it. Most things I've seen have been decent at worst and quite a bit of it is awesome.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
If they push Gable like a singles grappling demon and put Jordan with Angle as the boost to get him over, it's okay.

They won't do either one well, if at all.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

KirbyJ posted:

It would probably help if Jim Cornette stopped calling Vince every morning at 9am Louisville time to tell him that tag team wrestling is the best kind of wrestling, the Midnight Express has made more money together than anyone ever has as a singles wrestler, and also please tell peopole that wrestling is real and not fake so we could back to the glory days of the seventies, thank you gently caress you bye.
'
Every morning since '97.

Vince hasn't even had a phone for 5 years, and yet every morning still it rings. And every morning he is compelled to answer.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

KirbyJ posted:

'
Every morning since '97.

If we'd just pushed Dan Severn Jim Cornette never would've needed anger management.

tweet my meat posted:

I just started watching wrestling like a month ago and people tell me we're in one of the worst periods ever right now but there's been a ton of great poo poo lately and I'm not seeing it. Most things I've seen have been decent at worst and quite a bit of it is awesome.

A lot of the negativity (speaking as someone who's pretty loving negative about the product) is fan mileage. The WWE has been pretty hard on its fans for the last couple of years, it's only recently started to turn that around--like, extremely recently, Wrestlemania was a meh show with some incredibly lame storylines and that was three months ago. Even now that some things are relatively good-to-great you still have some awful stuff like World Champion Jinder Mahal going on to keep that residual fan negativity burning.

On average things are better than they've been in awhile and that's a legitimately great thing, it's just been a long couple years of things mostly being bad and for a lot of people it's gonna take awhile to believe the good isn't temporary.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
How are things better than they have been in a while. That is legit a baffling statement to me. This is the least interested I've been in wwe in the last 5 years or so. Like straight up this feels like 2004 wwe all over again. I'm just glad that the indies and Japan are so good right now.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

The_Rob posted:

How are things better than they have been in a while. That is legit a baffling statement to me. This is the least interested I've been in wwe in the last 5 years or so. Like straight up this feels like 2004 wwe all over again. I'm just glad that the indies and Japan are so good right now.

Amen. Straight up sucks and is boring as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/chillhartman/status/887130988446457857

• Locked thread