Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Benne posted:

Name the last time a Bray Wyatt feud actually elevated someone and didn't end in horrible bullshit that made them less over than before.

Oh no I agree, i have no illusions about bray wyatt as an elevation talent. All I was saying that his character could play well off of Balor's if the story is gonna be about BRINGING OUT THE DEMON or whatever the hell.

It's a shame too, if Bray had won at Mania and then lost the title shortly before going to Raw, then beat Rollins, I feel like he'd be on a different level as a character and the feud could be more exciting *shrug*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

VJeff posted:

I just pulled up Cena/Lesnar at NoC '14.

Dear lord, the crowds then to the crowds now. :gonk:

Go back to 99-2003. Like Jerichos debut or whatever.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Seems strange to reveal your big stupid novelty on the free show before your PPV. I guess they need to hook people for Battleground in some way, because aside from KO/AJ and Nakamura/Corbin, that card looks like poo poo.

Cena/Rusev will probably be fine.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD
I skimmed the thread and didn't see this posted https://www.facebook.com/WWERaw/videos/1414824115231844/

Nia Jax is so loving good.

NERD.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Making Nia another Mean Girl instead of a monster should work so much better for her.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

bradzilla posted:

This story comes from a man who didn't know that people find Asians attractive so it's not really a surprise that an :eyepop:interracial:eyepop: relationship could ruin someone in Vince McMahon's eyes.

Speaking of which, if any further proof was needed that Vince doesn't really get involved with Smackdown except when he needs to raid it for Raw/cheap hotshot stunt in emerging markets*, consider that a thick black woman has held that show's female title for months.

* fully expecting that one Chinese prospect they made a big deal about to be WWE champion thirty days after his debut.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

JOHNSON COCKSLAP posted:

lol being someones dad is a functional draft apparently

It works for cousins so why not.

We miss you Eugene.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

bloodysabbath posted:

Speaking of which, if any further proof was needed that Vince doesn't really get involved with Smackdown except when he needs to raid it for Raw/cheap hotshot stunt in emerging markets*, consider that a thick black woman has held that show's female title for months.

* fully expecting that one Chinese prospect they made a big deal about to be WWE champion thirty days after his debut.

That's more proof that Triple H isn't involved in Smackdown.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

bloodysabbath posted:

Vince might be racist but he is not against pushing black people.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Might be?

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
I'm pretty sure Vince always wanted black champions to show how not racist he is.

Also, Jason Jordan is black, if you couldn't tell by the "black son" part of this thread's title. He is Kurt Angle's son which means he's getting a mega push, and this was most certainly Vince's decision.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Vince loves all muscles regardless of the color of the skin that covers them.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

They should debut Dixie Carter as Jason Jordan's mother.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

bloodysabbath posted:

I know you mean Tian Bing but I really really hope it's Leo Gao instead.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TERRIBLE SHITLORD posted:

I skimmed the thread and didn't see this posted https://www.facebook.com/WWERaw/videos/1414824115231844/

Nia Jax is so loving good.

NERD.

This is good, cool and i aprove it.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Soothing Vapors posted:

nvm it was bischoff. mystery solved.

Eric Bischoff owns

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Vaguido posted:

I'm pretty sure Vince always wanted black champions to show how not racist he is.

Also, Jason Jordan is black, if you couldn't tell by the "black son" part of this thread's title. He is Kurt Angle's son which means he's getting a mega push, and this was most certainly Vince's decision.

He probably wants black champs for the same reason other extremely racist promoters like Bill Watts wanted black champs, he thinks they can draw black fans.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
it's crazy in 2017 that they're still doing illegitimate son angles

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Bard Maddox posted:

This is the first illegitimate angle tho

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Bard Maddox posted:

I said it before there are two angles that Vince will never give up on. Illegitimate son, and incest. We should be very worried where this angle goes.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

idea: illegitimate sun angle

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Feels Villeneuve posted:

He probably wants black champs for the same reason other extremely racist promoters like Bill Watts wanted black champs, he thinks they can draw black fans.
This is also why there is an obligatory black person in every main show commentary table

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/balorsbliss/status/887252016807817217

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Baron Corbyn posted:

idea: illegitimate sun angle

WWE Discussion loves their Blackhole Sun.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

schweens posted:

This is the first illegitimate angle tho
:discourse:

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Bard Maddox posted:

It's crazy in 2017 that they're not doing more illegitimate son angles. They should take it further/back and introduce long lost brothers. Also, clones.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

For everyone asking yes AMERICAN ALPHA IS OVER.

*looks at Gable/Jordan*
*looks at Finn*
*looks at Bayley*

so uh, genuinely curious, what reason do people have to be confident in any NXT callups going forward at this point

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
0. and I hope hunter can keep everyone on roster down there until vince dies

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I mean, it's not Vince's fault Finn is a fragile little bird. Pussy can't even take a full-force guitar shot to the head without getting injured.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Learn to talk
Stay away from Seth Rollins
Be better looking I guess?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Aphrodite posted:

Learn to talk
Stay away from Seth Rollins
Be better looking I guess?

wow, plz control. women have value outside their looks aphrodite

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
WWE uploaded a match from 2014 on to their youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJBpt0dkoQc

Big fan of Roman's huffing and puffing throughout the entire second half of the match.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Soothing Vapors posted:

wow, plz control. women have value outside their looks aphrodite

That list was for you.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Joe is a successful NXT callup so far i guess?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

That list was for you.

lmao so fuckin rude

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

SatansOnion posted:

I think this is reasonable and thoughtfully put, and I largely agree.

Unfortunately, since you published this reasonable opinion on the internet, I believe I'm obligated by ancient law and custom to cast evidence-free aspersions on your mother's choice of gentleman friends. Terribly sorry, but the balance must be maintained :shrug:

My mother is a lonely woman and any man who can melt her heart has my blessing.

Chris James 2 posted:

*looks at Gable/Jordan*
*looks at Finn*
*looks at Bayley*

so uh, genuinely curious, what reason do people have to be confident in any NXT callups going forward at this point

I mean, they couldn't POSSIBLY screw up Asuka, an eclectic Japanese woman in her late thirties

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Vince loves all muscles regardless of the color of the skin that covers them.

Yeah thats why he had so many black world champions from 1980 til 1998

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WrestlingSheet/status/887360959068725249

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Or more accurately until now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I've always found that people who say racial slurs on TV are the least racist.

• Locked thread