Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
whats ur poison
beer (american piss)
beer (hipster craft poo poo)
beer (german wheat beer)
beer (blonde)
beer (brown (belgian)
white wine
red wine
whiskey
vodka
other liquor
my tears after a long day of programming
piss
water
gas
View Results

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

i'd guess the barrels could be anyone's and they got bulleit's dirt cheap when they were no longer useful, so on goes the brand logo

as a company itself, yeah, they (bulleit) bad. support your local distilleries!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

local distilleries are really bad about making anything that takes time to age

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

The Fool posted:

local distilleries are really bad about making anything that takes time to age

turns out that not having a product to sell for 6-10+ years is really expensive.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

we have some that are old enough :shrug:. granted Kentucky isn't too far away, so that probably helps (and not everything is whiskey)

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

yeah there’s quite a few vodkas and gins from around here but all the local whiskey is like $70 because hellworld real estate. some of it like old portrero is quite good, though

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

oh sure they exist, or places do the thing where they buy from mgp or whoever and sell it under their own label while their own product matures. it’s just more challenging to start a whiskey distillery than unaged spirits, and also hard to ratchet up production in response to demand.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

post hole digger posted:

turns out that not having a product to sell for 6-10+ years is really expensive.

yeah, that was my point

there are a handful of local whiskey's here but they're are mgp blends afaik

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

it happens, it just takes time

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20230913564035/en/Bourbon-Comes-to-Copper-Kings

i saw these guys started selling bourbon recently. interesting that it's a blend of 5, 10, and 15 year bourbons considering the distillery only opened 8 years ago

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy

nudgenudgetilt posted:

it happens, it just takes time

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20230913564035/en/Bourbon-Comes-to-Copper-Kings

i saw these guys started selling bourbon recently. interesting that it's a blend of 5, 10, and 15 year bourbons considering the distillery only opened 8 years ago

90% chance it's just MGP

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

Dijkstracula posted:

realizing it's three months until the cozy season, so it's time to get alton's aged egg nog hanging out in the back of the fridge

this post inspired me to make some, too. now we play the waiting game

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

Truman Peyote posted:

this post inspired me to make some, too. now we play the waiting game

ahh, the waiting game sucks, let's drink it all immediately

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
is good

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
dredging this up:

had the great lakes 35th anni imperial amber over thanksgiving, that poo poo is ridiculous. if you're in their distribution footprint get it, recommended with dessert. so good (but also a 12% whomper)

but the real question: who's preordering the doritos liquor ? i would absolutely try it but not $65 a bottle trying it

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

ooo, Great Lakes claims there's a few around me, but I might have to ask my dad to grab some for the holiday visit…

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

graph posted:

but the real question: who's preordering the doritos liquor ? i would absolutely try it but not $65 a bottle trying it
it is so easy to infuse liquor you just need time and a coffee filter, although I guess in this case putting a bunch of corn chips into vodka will not end well. I bet you can buy bulk cool ranch or sweet chili powder online somewhere

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Agile Vector posted:

ooo, Great Lakes claims there's a few around me, but I might have to ask my dad to grab some for the holiday visit…

it's expensive but it's basically imperial eliott ness, and if you like that style (malty vienna marzens) its extremely up your alley

had it with pumpkin roll and it was divine

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
man that sounds good

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

the problem with barrel aged stuff is it almost never comes in kegs so sometimes you're stuck with 16 ounces of what tastes like cough syrup with instant coffee dissolved in it

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

graph posted:

it's expensive but it's basically imperial eliott ness, and if you like that style (malty vienna marzens) its extremely up your alley

had it with pumpkin roll and it was divine

that is absolutely my style

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
here's the landing page: https://www.greatlakesbrewing.com/35th-anniversary-barrel-aged-imperial-amber-lager

there's a Find It search widget down the page. good luck!

e: the dropdown item is 'Ba Imperial Amber'

graph fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Dec 13, 2023

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
hmm what's the polar opposite of "barrel aged imperial lager" just so i know what to try next

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

DELETE CASCADE posted:

hmm what's the polar opposite of "barrel aged imperial lager" just so i know what to try next

pliny the elder

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
well that tracks, i do enjoy a pliny

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

DELETE CASCADE posted:

maybe try a gose

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
had a pint of Under A House In Northern Italy, only had it in cans before

https://www.bloodbrothersbrewing.com/products/under-a-house-473ml-tall-can

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

graph posted:

here's the landing page: https://www.greatlakesbrewing.com/35th-anniversary-barrel-aged-imperial-amber-lager

there's a Find It search widget down the page. good luck!

e: the dropdown item is 'Ba Imperial Amber'

thanks, it popped up at the place down the street and they still had some!

it's almost deceptively smooth for the abv, a very good sipper

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Agile Vector posted:

thanks, it popped up at the place down the street and they still had some!

it's almost deceptively smooth for the abv, a very good sipper

nice !!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i made some nog. with plenty of brandy.

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

im from the bad post police, and i'm afraid i have bad news

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

i like to drink, u probably also like to drink unless ur boring

post ur favourite drink

hi yosposters, after like 13 years of drinking and probably many years of alcoholism in that time, i quit drinking for 40 days so far and its not that bad actually. goonspeed to all fellow alcoholics out there

LieutenantFrost
Aug 9, 2009
for those who are in areas where it is available, the great lakes christmas ale is amazing on tap

https://www.greatlakesbrewing.com/christmas-ale

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

LieutenantFrost posted:

for those who are in areas where it is available, the great lakes christmas ale is amazing on tap

https://www.greatlakesbrewing.com/christmas-ale

and if you can't find it on tap grip a 4 pack of the barrel aged version (or the original!)

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
they swapped out ruby grapefruit for pineapple on the clam variety pack??

who will pay for this crime ???

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

four roses small batch

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

DELETE CASCADE posted:

four roses small batch

local liquor store had that on sale last week, still have a little left

solid reliable bourbon

fins
May 31, 2011

Floss Finder

ask me how it tastes in a couple of decades.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

how does it taste

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

fart simpson posted:

how does it taste

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
the sign said "drinks served any time." so I asked for dark rum during the apocalypse.