Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Is "strong, confident woman" the female version of Nice Guy?

As a result of a lunch conversation with a female friend recently, who was bemoaning her recent breakup and lack of success on the dating front.

Lots of "nice guys" are in reality clingy, annoying, assholish, entitled creeps. Which is why they don't make much headway; women (and men) can see who is polite, courteous and gentlemanly and if you have to call yourself a "nice guy" you probably are none of these things.

Likewise, my friend is loud-mouthed and obnoxious, a harpy if there ever was one. She likes to use the old "men are intimidated by strong confident women, like me" trope. Which, IMHO, is bollocks. She is no great catch, she is a lousy partner, which is why no one stays with her (seriously, she demanded that one guy go with her to the opera, as opposed to go to the hospital to be with his mother who had just had a coronary artery stenting, since he had a sibling who could be there and she really did not want to go alone or with a friend..

I have known many women who are strong and confident; they don't usually need to say that they are, you see it in their actions and the way they carried themselves. Ditto with real "nice guys".

So any validity to this hypothesis?

Yeah, uh, is this really Ein cooler Typ? You're spot on

:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

I can't get over the fact that this is your first post.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

Bareback Werewolf posted:

I think that all people are gay.

I am.

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

afeelgoodpoop posted:

i admit it, i used to be a nice guy. one day i decided, hey, what im doing is wrong. the world used to have grandmothers decide your mate, more recently people would be expected to socialize and save themselves for marriage. if a woman wants to get banged by three dudes at once while saying they love you over the phone and that theyr'e grocery shopping, its fine. if a woman uses all her emotional support welfare after getting an abortion to feed her cats, that's fine too. the modern world is a great place.. to be a woman.

A+ twist a fiver post if ever I did read one

Madness
Jan 23, 2007

Luxury Communism posted:

Femgoon here.

I just tricked this pathetic pussy into the friendzone.

I'm a little disappointed at how easy it was. I like a challenge and this one was like putty in my hands. He tried to do the nice guy routine, pretending he didn't want to have sex with me, which really turned me off. Its disingenuous, dishonest and obvious. So I flipped the script on him. If he was going to be fake with me by hiding his true intentions and try to trick me into a relationship, why shouldn't I be fake with him so that I can exploit him for emotional support?

I told him I just wanted to be friends. He said he was fine with that (I still laugh with my girlfriends when I mimic the facial expression he made). Then I waited. After about two weeks of us talking about my sex life with ex-boyfrieds in facebook chat, I invited him to come over and drink beers with me at my place. I had invited some other guys (who had girlfriends, some of them there, or were genuinely good friends) over and they were already there when he got there. After he arrived, I put on some music and started dancing seductively while constantly staring at him. I ignored the other guys in the room and I treated him like a king. I constantly brought him beers when the one he was drinking was empty. I sat in his lap and touched him a lot. I laughed at all his jokes. Basically, I gave his ego a hand job.

I repeated this process two more times, and by the third, he made a move on me. I shot him down of course, which was the plan all along, feigned surprise at his sexual attraction to me and apologized for giving him mixed signals. He accepted my apology and left.

Now he goes shopping with me, always answers the phone when I need some advice, helps me repair my car, and buys me flowers from time to time. He's a good little beta boy, who knows exactly how to please me. He's my pathetic little emotional tampon.

gently caress you oval office! (Pretends to be enraged over your fake story)

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax
Why don't you have a girlfriend? Oh, poo poo. Wait. I know. It's because you're a wreck, both mentally and physically, and emotionally stunted. You think you're smarter and more intelligent than everyone around you, and therefore rationalize your own lack of success as a laughably absurd conspiracy theory wherein the world has passed you over because you're somehow too edgy for the mainstream masses to understand.

Or maybe you just tell yourself and others that you "don't give a poo poo" in a desperate attempt to make it hurt less when you see yourself getting older, fatter, and more out of touch while those you look down on are adapting to suit the needs of the world, and learning their limitations while you childishly deny your own.

Perhaps you have taken to telling yourself that women are only interested in "Alpha Males", those that reside at the top of a scale that only you adhere to, and it is THIS rigid table of identity that is holding you back, and allowing society to pigeonhole you. Perhaps you tell yourself that people don't share your very narrow range of hobbies and interests aren't (or wouldn't be) interested in you, and therefore do not even try to engage them. In actuality these are all mechanisms that allow you to blame your own failings on everyone around you, and project your own narrow-minded perceptions onto society as a whole.

You instead choose the easy option of sitting at your computer all day, shielded by the anonymity of the internet, screaming abuse and nitpicking the goals and achievements of your betters while arguing the tiniest deviation in the interests of your peers from your own with a startling lack of understanding and empathy. They are the only other people on Earth that you can relate to, and you hate them because they like slightly different things.

Oh yeah. That's why you don't have a girlfriend. I forgot, for a moment.

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
no its becaus im gay

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
This lovely whiny song plays at work every loving day
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwSaldFJofM

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
this thread is a portal to the social narratives of nearly a decade ago

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
everyone is awful and deserves to die alone and the facile critique of the "nice guy" is social punching down.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Luxury Communism posted:

Why don't you have a girlfriend? Oh, poo poo. Wait. I know. It's because you're a wreck, both mentally and physically, and emotionally stunted. You think you're smarter and more intelligent than everyone around you, and therefore rationalize your own lack of success as a laughably absurd conspiracy theory wherein the world has passed you over because you're somehow too edgy for the mainstream masses to understand.

Or maybe you just tell yourself and others that you "don't give a poo poo" in a desperate attempt to make it hurt less when you see yourself getting older, fatter, and more out of touch while those you look down on are adapting to suit the needs of the world, and learning their limitations while you childishly deny your own.

Perhaps you have taken to telling yourself that women are only interested in "Alpha Males", those that reside at the top of a scale that only you adhere to, and it is THIS rigid table of identity that is holding you back, and allowing society to pigeonhole you. Perhaps you tell yourself that people don't share your very narrow range of hobbies and interests aren't (or wouldn't be) interested in you, and therefore do not even try to engage them. In actuality these are all mechanisms that allow you to blame your own failings on everyone around you, and project your own narrow-minded perceptions onto society as a whole.

You instead choose the easy option of sitting at your computer all day, shielded by the anonymity of the internet, screaming abuse and nitpicking the goals and achievements of your betters while arguing the tiniest deviation in the interests of your peers from your own with a startling lack of understanding and empathy. They are the only other people on Earth that you can relate to, and you hate them because they like slightly different things.

Oh yeah. That's why you don't have a girlfriend. I forgot, for a moment.

OK MOM, GEEZ!!!

kickascii
Mar 30, 2010
I think what happens a lot of the time when you ask a woman what kind of qualities she wants in a man, and she says things like "sense of humour" and "be honest and dependable" they are actually telling the truth from their perspective. You just have to realize she's talking about the top 20% of men that she already finds attractive. The other dudes are just not considered in the question.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

It's the exact same with a guy. He's already picturing someone he wants to ride everyday like public transit before even mentioning a single personality characteristic.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

mind the walrus posted:

I can't wait until libido suppression medication is mandatory for all boys. They don't get to have their first erection until they prove they understand the most basic sexual dynamics.

I keep failing boner school!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Luxury Communism posted:

Femgoon here.

I'm a little disappointed at how easy it was. I like a challenge and this one was like putty in my hands. He tried to do the nice guy routine, pretending he didn't want to have sex with me, which really turned me off. Its disingenuous, dishonest and obvious. So I flipped the script on him. If he was going to be fake with me by hiding his true intentions and try to trick me into a relationship, why shouldn't I be fake with him so that I can exploit him for emotional support?

I told him I just wanted to be friends. He said he was fine with that (I still laugh with my girlfriends when I mimic the facial expression he made). Then I waited. After about two weeks of us talking about my sex life with ex-boyfrieds in facebook chat, I invited him to come over and drink beers with me at my place. I had invited some other guys (who had girlfriends, some of them there, or were genuinely good friends) over and they were already there when he got there. After he arrived, I put on some music and started dancing seductively while constantly staring at him. I ignored the other guys in the room and I treated him like a king. I constantly brought him beers when the one he was drinking was empty. I sat in his lap and touched him a lot. I laughed at all his jokes. Basically, I gave his ego a hand job.

I repeated this process two more times, and by the third, he made a move on me. I shot him down of course, which was the plan all along, feigned surprise at his sexual attraction to me and apologized for giving him mixed signals. He accepted my apology and left.

Now he goes shopping with me, always answers the phone when I need some advice, helps me repair my car, and buys me flowers from time to time. He's a good little beta boy, who knows exactly how to please me. He's my pathetic little emotional tampon.

lmfao

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lmfao

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
women are slot machines: insert niceness coins and receive jackpot of sex dollars

slut machines

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
trading emotional good boy points for a nice cummer between those powerful pontoons

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
please refer to infographic B, where the system of courtship is compared to the level and stat progression of my favorite RPG

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
chatting with hike school bae at night. shes opn the telephone in bed reading a fashion mag and im playing diablo 1 with no sound on my epically op wizard. she thinks shes getting the better part of the bargain abusing my good boy emotional fragility and epic listening skills... little does she know i can jack off to the memory of her epic knockers and the imagination of her pummeling me to death beneath her doc martins while my powerful wizard, Drek'Nash, uses his sorcery to not only easily destroy Diablo himself but jack off many succubi at the same time, asserting his alpha powers. confused much? welcome to the polysexual world of 2002 teenhood

Qvark
May 4, 2010
Soiled Meat

Luxury Communism posted:

Femgoon here.

I'm the guy in this revenge fantasy

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Smythe posted:

chatting with hike school bae at night. shes opn the telephone in bed reading a fashion mag and im playing diablo 1 with no sound on my epically op wizard. she thinks shes getting the better part of the bargain abusing my good boy emotional fragility and epic listening skills... little does she know i can jack off to the memory of her epic knockers and the imagination of her pummeling me to death beneath her doc martins while my powerful wizard, Drek'Nash, uses his sorcery to not only easily destroy Diablo himself but jack off many succubi at the same time, asserting his alpha powers. confused much? welcome to the polysexual world of 2002 teenhood

Succubi in Diablo 1 were no joke

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

mind the walrus posted:

It's the exact same with a guy. He's already picturing someone he wants to ride everyday like public transit before even mentioning a single personality characteristic.

if she has an annoying laugh, i cannot maintain a boner

lik e i really wonder how many single women have never considered 'is my laugh weird???' and it has nothing to do with appearance or personality, because, lets face it, there is no bottom to lowering standards, but a weird laugh? there is nothing you can do to change that. same with guys, or alternatively, guys who never laugh at all

OMFG FURRY fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Jul 19, 2017

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe
"you're like family to me" = "I'll never gently caress you ever"

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe
its funny to watch mega liberal feminist ally douchebags constantly strike out with girls who choose the football jock douchebag over them because although they may talk a big game most chicks want to be treated like street hookers in bed

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe

uh yeah it's hard earned thanks

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
or human sexual psychology is really complicated and the more you think about it the more you really, really shouldn't be thinking about it

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Secular Humanist posted:

"you're like family to me" = "I'll never gently caress you ever"
Yeah, who wants to gently caress their family?

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib
Mentally abnormal is the new normal.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

Bareback Werewolf posted:

I think that all people are gay.

I don't FEEL very gay

is gay a state of being or a state of mind

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
im guy

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Nobody carries a printer farther than a nice guy, so they have that going for them.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
im pretty sure everybody realizes this when their 11 years old OP !!!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Women will prefer a man who is honest about not giving a poo poo about women over men who are dishonest about actually not giving a poo poo about women. Because men don't give a poo poo about women, it's just a matter of whether or not they're willing to admit it.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Pick posted:

Women will prefer a man who is honest about not giving a poo poo about women over men who are dishonest about actually not giving a poo poo about women. Because men don't give a poo poo about women, it's just a matter of whether or not they're willing to admit it.

The opposite of this is true

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe
outright stating you just want to gently caress a woman is more respectable than pretending to be their friend while just wanting to gently caress them. and they can tell, and you look like a weirdo pervy creepy sociopath more than the guy who is just like "duhhh chicken wings are good lets gently caress"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

Pick posted:

GBS doesn't give a poo poo about women

• Locked thread