Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

Mr Hootington posted:

Silent smg is good if you get the drop on someone. Would be nice if they put a blue and purple in for it.

Blue silenced smg already exists - honestly if they deleted the gray version and added a purple and then deleted the other two SMGs it would make the BR one step closer to optimized, IMO. The other two are just garbage to trip over. (Though in the shooting test the Blue regular SMG is very very very good)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

They could add hundreds of hours of content by editing a text file to make more guns and heroes usable
Seriously.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Super Rad posted:

Blue silenced smg already exists - honestly if they deleted the gray version and added a purple and then deleted the other two SMGs it would make the BR one step closer to optimized, IMO. The other two are just garbage to trip over. (Though in the shooting test the Blue regular SMG is very very very good)

There is a blue silent smg!!! I have never run into that or the highest level revolver.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

It looks like they're putting in the 2.5.0 patch tomorrow and are sorry they didn't communicate what was going on:
https://www.reddit.com/r/FORTnITE/comments/7xkuo0/patch_v250_and_seasonal_gold_update/

I still really enjoy the game but I've cut back on playing it because the assigned CV quests seem kind of dull. I mostly get my dailies done and sometimes just do a couple more maps beyond that.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Rexxed posted:

It looks like they're putting in the 2.5.0 patch tomorrow and are sorry they didn't communicate what was going on:
https://www.reddit.com/r/FORTnITE/comments/7xkuo0/patch_v250_and_seasonal_gold_update/

I still really enjoy the game but I've cut back on playing it because the assigned CV quests seem kind of dull. I mostly get my dailies done and sometimes just do a couple more maps beyond that.

:laffo:

Was kinda thinking that, but I didn't think they'd be dumb enough to do it this way. The only thing they had to add to their message "No patch tomorrow", is "we don't ever patch on Wednesdays" and they could've stopped an implosion from happening.

E: I mean who's really stupid enough to post "No patch tomorrow, it's delayed" on a tuesday night, and shuts off their computer and goes home? Who "announces" poo poo like that in a single, small sentence.

loving Elmer Hartman over here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZr_QitiAls&t=134s

Seditiar fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Feb 14, 2018

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

JFC just give people 1000 firecracker tickets how did they pick their absolute worst option which punishes the people who spent all their seasonal gold on things they didn't want

Preem Palver
Jul 5, 2007

Seditiar posted:

E: I mean who's really stupid enough to post "No patch tomorrow, it's delayed" on a tuesday night, and shuts off their computer and goes home? Who "announces" poo poo like that in a single, small sentence.

Obviously, the same people that would announce next season's battle pass can be bought with vbucks a week or so before it drops, after insisting for two months that it would cost money directly. Most of my BR-only friends are now pretty pissed as they already spent their current battle pass earnings on other cosmetics, because Epic stated they couldn't use them for the next battle pass. At least us StW people can grind out some dailies or event quests, unless they delay the Spring event again, which seems likely since there are no patch notes or an ETA for tomorrow's patch.

But don't worry, one of the Epic community dudes will just repeat "we dropped the ball on this, we'll do better in the future" again and again on reddit without ever actually addressing anything, as they have for the past two months.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Sundae posted:

I've been having fun seeing how few people I can kill while still getting to end-game. My best so far is a 4th place with 0 kills and a 1st place with 2. I will uninstall the game in glee if I ever blow up the other guy's tower and the suicide gives me a zero-kill victory.

For sure, I've been #3 and hoped the other two would just blow each other up so I can win in peace.

Asnorban posted:

My only win is a 0 kill win where the guy rocketed himself.

That's living the dream!

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/news/v2-5-0-patch-notes

Credit where credit is due, if they actually managed to properly implement all those changes/fixes, holy poo poo.

I still don't see anything about lag spike fixes though, kinda hoping they're gone anyway.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Looks sweet. With the season closing I hope I can manage to squeeze in battle pass rank high enough for the disco glider. :ohdear:

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Haven’t nerfed double pump yet but we’ll get there

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Good news everyone they added more bad perks such as aim down sight damage, extra crit damage to afflicted targets, and

nerfed ticket and seasonal gold payouts heavily (by about 2/3)

Some missions also cannot gain more seasonal gold for doing better, and some missions cannot give you tickets.

This is the dumbest loving set of changes.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I'm going to be entirely honest that this game is now grindier than Warframe and I cannot recommend it anymore.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

That's too bad, I'd like more well done action traps light tower defense Orcs Must Die kind of games. Battle Royale at least is a great free game, only cosmetic stuff to buy if you want, no grinding etc.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Heavy Metal posted:

That's too bad, I'd like more well done action traps light tower defense Orcs Must Die kind of games. Battle Royale at least is a great free game, only cosmetic stuff to buy if you want, no grinding etc.

There is some grinding but yeah it's for cosmetics again, and you get to earn enough epicbux to buy next season's pass.

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Haven’t nerfed double pump yet but we’ll get there

I feel like Shotguns, in general, need an effective range adjustment downwards. It just seems like you can put out a crazy amount of damage at a range that should surely be dominated by SMGs ect.

stuxracer
May 4, 2006

We did a 4++ upgrade cat3 fight the storm and I got 53 extra tickets. Worth it. :downs:
I still have a lot of fun but I don’t really see the point in upgrading since the rewards are not good.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Good news everyone they added more bad perks such as aim down sight damage, extra crit damage to afflicted targets, and

nerfed ticket and seasonal gold payouts heavily (by about 2/3)

Some missions also cannot gain more seasonal gold for doing better, and some missions cannot give you tickets.

This is the dumbest loving set of changes.

At least this patch is 4 steps forward and only 2 back. Usually it's 1 forward (if at all) and 3 back. It feels kinda wrong to say it, but relatively this is a good patch imo.

That being said, it's still riddled with horrible bugs. And they really should've given us perk rerolls, preferably 3 poo poo-perk-adding-patches ago.

E: I have no clue about the numbers of the aim down sight perk, but I feel like that'd be one of the better perks in the game, unless it's below 30% at legendary.

E: Heartbreaker Stats https://imgur.com/a/peBJ1

I'm guessing it's 22.5/30/37.5% increase while aiming down sights. I'd kill for one on any of my weapons. The bottom one is that perk and gives 30% at rare.

Seditiar fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Feb 16, 2018

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

I can’t wait for the updated 50v50 in BR. I want fully looted squads going at it with mini guns everywhere.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Apparently they hotfixed a couple of days ago so that you get a little more tickets and gold for higher difficulty levels, it was originally bugged and capping at level 2 bonuses or something. I missed the first day but did the valentine's quest line for the Love Ranger Jonesy hero over the last couple of nights really easily. It also gives you a lot of tickets for the spring llamas and v-bucks. I kind of like the difficulty level adjustment even though it sounded bad initially. High difficulty is a lot more fun when you have what seems like a competent group and you don't have to push it up if you don't get a four man or whatever. The worst part about it is collecting the bluglo.

I got the dragon weapon that's a shotgun that leaves a fireworks launcher where it hits. It sounds great but I'm going to need to level it up to try it out.

I've been watching A1getdismoney's videos to keep up to date. He also tries to review new weapons and heroes by leveling them up and playing maps with them which is pretty neat:
https://www.youtube.com/user/A1Getdismoney

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Many of you have shared feedback with us regarding Pump Shotguns. Thank you! Your input helps shape the future of Battle Royale and we greatly appreciate your comments and concerns.

The Pump Shotgun’s high damage is balanced by its long reload time, and bypassing that weakness makes the weapon stronger than intended.

So, with the upcoming release of 3.0.0, we are making an adjustment to the Pump Shotgun behavior. If you fire the Pump Shotgun and quickly switch weapons, the next time it’s selected it will be forced to pump before firing again. This feature will only be enabled for Pump Shotguns, but we will closely monitor other weapon types for similar concerns.

Thank you for your continued support, and we look forward to seeing you in Season 3!

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Anybody else been experiencing more lag recently?

I also, without fail, will load into the waiting screen incredibly quickly for about half a second, then it'll kick me back to the losing screen for approximately 5 more seconds before it takes me back to the losing screen. Anyone else?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

I have a thing where right after loading into BR match the loading screen pops up for maybe a second.

Electrical Fire
Mar 29, 2010
The bug where looted chests appear unlooted from a distance is back after being gone for like 10 patches. They're really struggling with that one.

Switched.on
Apr 25, 2008
I'm glad they're nerfing double pump, but it's not going to stop people from doing things like triple/quad pump but idc really. I've already been doing pump->tac smg or pump->tac shotty anyways since it's more forgiving if I miss (I do).

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Switched.on posted:

I'm glad they're nerfing double pump, but it's not going to stop people from doing things like triple/quad pump but idc really. I've already been doing pump->tac smg or pump->tac shotty anyways since it's more forgiving if I miss (I do).

It'll stop people from multi-pumpimg teams at once.

E: https://v.redd.it/lq02telh34h01 hahaha

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Feb 19, 2018

Switched.on
Apr 25, 2008
Oof I'd be so pissed if that happened to me. I love this game but every once in a while I run into some garbage like that and I get all tilted. Mostly, it's fine though.

I have like two days to grind out my battle pass but I'm only like 47 cuz I took a two week break.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I just did a Legendary Transform and got an Urban Assault Headhunter. Do I just throw my Epic Jonesy Urban Assault in the support slot and enjoy ridiculous headshot damage now?

Also, do all fire weapons come with affliction damage?

Gumbel2Gumbel fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Feb 19, 2018

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I just did a Legendary Transform and got an Urban Assault Headhunter. Do I just throw my Epic Jonesy Urban Assault in the support slot and enjoy ridiculous headshot damage now?

Yes to the headhunter-stacking.

There are a handful of other heroes that REALLY benefit from having a duplicate.
Shuriken Master has one of the best team passives (ability damage) - so she boosts herself, too.
The Shotgun focused soldier raises shotgun critical damage -very- significantly, so having two is a godsend.
For pistols, it isn't actually Deadeye you want for a team passive, you want the one (I think Trailblaster) that gives pistol critical damage instead.

Elemental damage does not always include affliction. I believe fire just causes a DOT that is -not- affliction, just a fire damage tick.
Affliction is its own damage type. It causes I believe four ticks of damage equating to some 40% of the original hit (not counting crits - and the ticks can no longer crit).
One of the best weapon boosts is + % Damage to afflicted targets which can roll up to 30% I believe - but the weapon has to also roll Affliction to really exploit this. If you get lucky and land both, enjoy your murder cannon.
Some weapons (usually weapons with a built-in-element like lasers, fire swords, etc) can roll Affliction damage as a bonus.
You can get:
Element (+10%)
Element (+10%) + Affliction
Damage (+10%) + Affliction - This one only appears on weapons that have a built in element.

DarkDobe fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Feb 19, 2018

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

DarkDobe posted:

There are a handful of other heroes that REALLY benefit from having a duplicate.
Shuriken Master has one of the best team passives (ability damage) - so she boosts herself, too.
The Shotgun focused soldier raises shotgun critical damage -very- significantly, so having two is a godsend.
For pistols, it isn't actually Deadeye you want for a team passive, you want the one (I think Trailblaster) that gives pistol critical damage instead.

Elemental damage does not always include affliction. I believe fire just causes a DOT that is -not- affliction, just a fire damage tick.
Affliction is its own damage type. It causes I believe four ticks of damage equating to some 40% of the original hit (not counting crits - and the ticks can no longer crit).
One of the best weapon boosts is + % Damage to afflicted targets which can roll up to 30% I believe - but the weapon has to also roll Affliction to really exploit this. If you get lucky and land both, enjoy your murder cannon.
Some weapons (usually weapons with a built-in-element like lasers, fire swords, etc) can roll Affliction damage as a bonus.
You can get:
Element (+10%)
Damage (+10%) + Affliction - This one only appears on weapons that have a built in element.

That's interesting about the fire. I know Gas damage is affliction (or supposed to be, haven't tested it). I rolled 10% plus affliction and a 30% damage to afflicted on a Vindertech Pulse Rifle. The first shot is okay, but when you stack a second three round burst with debilitating shots it seems to just melt enemies. Shame about the other rolls on it though.

Oh also, that cupid bow for the event is amazing fun. I missed out on the Ralphie's Revenge because everyone hated it but the bow hits like a truck. I'm level 55 or so but my bow is hitting for 45-72K damage in missions.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Oh also, that cupid bow for the event is amazing fun. I missed out on the Ralphie's Revenge because everyone hated it but the bow hits like a truck. I'm level 55 or so but my bow is hitting for 45-72K damage in missions.

How much longer is the event on?
I'm stuck working abroad and I would hate to miss out on what sounds like a fun gun ;_;

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

DarkDobe posted:

You can get:
Element (+10%)

Although true, do keep in mind that Element/10% dmg/affliction is a very expensive perk. Legendary weapons have a cap of 3 legendary perks and 2 rare perks. But the former named perk is so expensive (and for good reason, it's the best) that it allows you to only get 2 legendary perks (so only 1 other than the element/affliction one), 1 rare perk and 2 white perks.

But because dmg% vs afflicted targets is so valuable (15/22.5/30% instead of 10/15/20), it's still worth it. For min-maxing you'll want all 3 different elements. For a turbo min-maxer, you'll want 4. 1 regular one, with dmg% + affliction. Which you basically use for non-element maps (becomes super rare the further you level up) and mist monsters.

I consider myself a pretty big min-maxer, but I haven't bothered with a regular element weapon yet. Which may or may not be because of RNG, but it's like a top 0.1% elite thing. Not needed in any scenario of Fortnite so far. And that's coming from a person who has 2 ARs of each element, 3 at 5* and 3 at 4* evolves. :v:

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Seditiar posted:

Although true, do keep in mind that Element/10% dmg/affliction is a very expensive perk. Legendary weapons have a cap of 3 legendary perks and 2 rare perks. But the former named perk is so expensive (and for good reason, it's the best) that it allows you to only get 2 legendary perks (so only 1 other than the element/affliction one), 1 rare perk and 2 white perks.

But because dmg% vs afflicted targets is so valuable (15/22.5/30% instead of 10/15/20), it's still worth it. For min-maxing you'll want all 3 different elements. For a turbo min-maxer, you'll want 4. 1 regular one, with dmg% + affliction. Which you basically use for non-element maps (becomes super rare the further you level up) and mist monsters.

I consider myself a pretty big min-maxer, but I haven't bothered with a regular element weapon yet. Which may or may not be because of RNG, but it's like a top 0.1% elite thing. Not needed in any scenario of Fortnite so far. And that's coming from a person who has 2 ARs of each element, 3 at 5* and 3 at 4* evolves. :v:

I had no idea that the perk rarity was alotted on that scale.

I just got insanely lucky then rolling +30% afflicted damage and energy+affliction on my automatic shotgun. It vaporizes things (and my shotgun ammo supply).

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
Is this he best place to talk about Battle Royale? I'd hate to poo poo this thread up as it looks like you guys are all about the PvE, but I couldn't find a BR thread on SA.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Hamburlgar posted:

Is this he best place to talk about Battle Royale? I'd hate to poo poo this thread up as it looks like you guys are all about the PvE, but I couldn't find a BR thread on SA.

I think we do both itt? There definitely is some BR chat going on but it's rather low key.

Speaking of BR - https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/news/welcome-to-season-3-battle-pass-breakdown - +30 level tiers, season from Feb 22 until April 10 or something, we get cosmetics for loading screens, skydiving trails, and back attachments. And 6 player character out fits for this season.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Hamburlgar posted:

Yeah we do both in here. When in doubt it's best to quote if you're directly replying to someone, but this thread isn't too busy so it works well enough I think.

DarkDobe posted:

I had no idea that the perk rarity was alotted on that scale.

I just got insanely lucky then rolling +30% afflicted damage and energy+affliction on my automatic shotgun. It vaporizes things (and my shotgun ammo supply).

Yeah Affliction + 30% dmg to afflicted is a really lucky roll. It's nice when RNG is in your favour sometimes! :v:

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

DarkDobe posted:

How much longer is the event on?
I'm stuck working abroad and I would hate to miss out on what sounds like a fun gun ;_;

Not sure. Everyone said the Ralphie's Revenge was bad, especially due to the travel time for the bullet, but the cupid bow hits so fuckin' hard at such a long range that it's just a joy to use. Use at your own risk though, I tend to main Sarahotep as a dragon slashing, high priority target assassin.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

cinci zoo sniper posted:

I think we do both itt? There definitely is some BR chat going on but it's rather low key.

Speaking of BR - https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/news/welcome-to-season-3-battle-pass-breakdown - +30 level tiers, season from Feb 22 until April 10 or something, we get cosmetics for loading screens, skydiving trails, and back attachments. And 6 player character out fits for this season.

Ooh, skydiving trails sounds kinda hip...

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

This is probably getting changed, but right now the dragon AR is maybe double dipping or something with bonuses for its fire DoT and affliction. In the video A1getdismoney can shoot a 70 blaster with a single bullet and the DoT kills it. It gets close to one shotting smashers, too, but not quite:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TJM_7nIA-U&t=164s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
So is the pve mode worth buying? I'm not too into BR games, and most of the stuff I see when googling this game is there's still no official launch date/you're buying into an EA title that'll bee F2P sometime this year, and the studio has largely neglected the PvE content (and even canceled other games) to invest in the BR cashcow.

Do the "free x daily boxes" from purchasing mean you get that many things free extras every day you login, or just it pretends you logged in X times before you started?

• Locked thread