Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Decided to give this a shot, playing enough Clancy Survival has already gotten me a few top 15s, what are really the things to learn to be increasing my odds of a win?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

Taylor Swift posted:

3 year later and Cheen is still butthurt we wouldnt let him into our Rust group. Sad!

Am i wrong that you're a white nationalist? Do you believe that the US should be a white ethnostate? Is this not your twitter? https://twitter.com/TaylorFromBMW

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Cheen posted:

Am i wrong that you're a white nationalist? Do you believe that the US should be a white ethnostate? Is this not your twitter? https://twitter.com/TaylorFromBMW

Yes, no, yes plz follow

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

^burtle posted:

Decided to give this a shot, playing enough Clancy Survival has already gotten me a few top 15s, what are really the things to learn to be increasing my odds of a win?

building and disengaging. there's a fine balance between ramps and walls then clicking heads.

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

Taylor Swift posted:

Yes, no, yes plz follow

Cool, white nationalist confirmed.

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Cheen posted:

Cool, white nationalist confirmed.

SA doesnt have a thonking emoji but pretend I posted it

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/TaylorFromBMW/status/980505063591497728

hahaha what a piece of poo poo.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Taylor Swift posted:

This is one of the most :goonsay: things ever. TT is a swell dude and yall should join his Discords tia. So stop bitching about politics and muh alt right and play video games. hth

wow you are insufferable

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

your timeline is a nightmare dude. how do you get so loving stupid.

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Groovelord Neato posted:

your timeline is a nightmare dude. how do you get so loving stupid.

I was on SA way before Twitter so evidence would suggest...

Groovelord Neato posted:

just gonna let you know the second amendment wasn't written to protect an individual right to own a gun and white people aren't under attack.

lol

Taylor Swift fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Apr 2, 2018

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

just gonna let you know the second amendment wasn't written to protect an individual right to own a gun and white people aren't under attack.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Groovelord Neato posted:

Pissing people off for internet attention until you die old and alone FTW

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

Taylor Swift posted:

SA doesnt have a thonking emoji but pretend I posted it

https://twitter.com/TaylorFromBMW/status/973008700565872641

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Cheen posted:

Lmao either they are a white nationalist or satired themselves into being one.

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

poo poo, I meant to make that one private, thats ethnostate only material

e; you had to go deep in the tl for that one. Applause for sifting through all the anime tiddies

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

hahahaha guys it's just funny i'm an enormous dumbass who's wrong about everything.

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

Taylor Swift posted:

poo poo, I meant to make that one private, thats ethnostate only material

e; you had to go deep in the tl for that one. Applause for sifting through all the anime tiddies

lol you don't know how search on twitter works

https://twitter.com/TaylorFromBMW/status/904905456941981696

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Cheen posted:

lol you don't know how search on twitter works

https://twitter.com/TaylorFromBMW/status/904905456941981696

Trying to prove I support a US ethnostate by quoting me saying a US ethnostate would never work. Bold strategy.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i have a feeling you're a very poor example of our race.

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

Taylor Swift posted:

Trying to prove I support a US ethnostate by quoting me saying a US ethnostate would never work. Bold strategy.

https://twitter.com/TaylorFromBMW/status/963880062494879744

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

lollin that he acted like he wasn't an alt-right shithead when it was brought up.

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?

^burtle posted:

Learn to pick your fights. Remember, you don't win by racking up the kills. The sole victory condition is being the last one left alive, so do everything you can to make that happen. Engage when you have no choice, can guarantee a kill, or it's otherwise really advantageous to kill that specific person. Once a fight starts, it's usually better to see it through than run away, unless you feel confident you'll be able to lose them.

Get a handful of chests early, and arrange your inventory to be in the same order each game (for me, 1 is always Shotgun, 2 is assault rifle, 3 is misc, 4 is sniper, 5 is health item). Accidentally pulling out the wrong item can lose you a fight.

Gather at least 300 wood as soon as you can, and make sure to replenish it when you drop below that level. More resources is always better, so keep look for more even if you already have a ton. Also, if you are in a precarious place, don't give away your position by destroying a tree. Leave 1 hit left on it and move on (it still shakes when you hit it, but that's not as obvious as a tree disappearing).

Skirt the edges of the storm, but be sure to give yourself a couple minutes clearance for the next storm (in case you get stuck in a fight on your way to the circle). Approach inner circles from the safest side, usually the one closest to the edge of the map.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
fuuuuuuuck both of those racist piece of shits.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

This thread sucks now. Peace.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Taylor Swift posted:

if you're not a white nationalist, then what exactly are you trying to say with those tweets

just going "nuh-uh" is not a defense

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Duct Tape posted:

Get a handful of chests early, and arrange your inventory to be in the same order each game (for me, 1 is always Shotgun, 2 is assault rifle, 3 is misc, 4 is sniper, 5 is health item). Accidentally pulling out the wrong item can lose you a fight.

also get used to rapidly switching weapons during fights. reloading without cover is a death sentence, so it's better to switch to a new weapon even if it's slightly less effective for the situation if it lets you keep firing

Duct Tape posted:

Skirt the edges of the storm, but be sure to give yourself a couple minutes clearance for the next storm (in case you get stuck in a fight on your way to the circle). Approach inner circles from the safest side, usually the one closest to the edge of the map.

the more important factor imo is the proximity to the high density locations, primarily tilted towers and retail row, but also including pleasant park, salty springs, and greasy grove. as a result, the northeast area of the map tends to be safer even closer to the center, whereas west and east can be extremely dangerous

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I have to say I think my favorite thing about the game is after I tried it for like a half hour last week my Epic account has been locked 4 times from someone trying to hack me

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

if you're not a white nationalist, then what exactly are you trying to say with those tweets

just going "nuh-uh" is not a defense

Why does a tweet have to say something. Just lol if you get on Twitter to espouse actual beliefs.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

codo27 posted:

I have to say I think my favorite thing about the game is after I tried it for like a half hour last week my Epic account has been locked 4 times from someone trying to hack me

gotta enable the 2factor auth. loads of shitters just trying to get into accounts and resell them. unfortunate part of being a popular game

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Taylor Swift posted:

Why does a tweet have to say something. Just lol if you get on Twitter to espouse actual beliefs.

The classic “I was just joking” racism defense.

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

Taylor Swift posted:

It's sad you can't even stand up for what you believe in when a bunch of goons call you out.

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I miss when this was a comedy forum

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
lol ethnostates are funny hilarious i jerk off to them every night laugh ha ha

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride

teagone posted:

This thread sucks now. Peace.

Actually it's kinda interesting for pretty much the first time.

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Doorknob Slobber posted:

lol ethnostates are funny hilarious i jerk off to them every night laugh ha ha

he says in reference to the website that had a 911 photoshop thread

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

52 new posts drat Fortnite is really po-

:yikes:

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Taylor Swift posted:

you're an unfunny idiot and you're not convincing anyone that you're not a MAGA loser

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Taylor Swift posted:

he says in reference to the website that had a 911 photoshop thread

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

IronicDongz posted:

you're an unfunny idiot and you're not convincing anyone that you're not a MAGA loser

Taylor Swift posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Yeah but you actually need to be funny. Saying lovely things doesn't make you funny, it makes you an rear end in a top hat.

• Locked thread