Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

I have yet to play with friends but I'm on the goon discord and also on the Reddit one (save for a few idiots that rage and get themselves banned) and will probably start looking for people to group up with. A guild/clan/even created jointly shared chat channels would be nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Any tricks to getting hero xp at a decent click? It's probably the one thing that I'm not gaining at what I feel is an alright rate and I don't want to start retiring heroes.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

I do actually think that far too many people are putting far too much emphasis on weapons and not nearly enough on decent fort design and traps.

I've built mission forts with friends that, save for fighting off the big bads, we probably could have just babysat and watched. Traps are good. But you have to use them smartly.

One of my favorite designs is a gauntlet tunnel with spike floors (to slow them down) wall darts on both sides and a launcher on the end wall. They run through this thing only to make it to the end and get pushed right back through it again.

Edit:. On that same thought, take 10-15 minutes and look at how the AI decides to path on YouTube or whatever. Essentially they're looking for the easiest way in via total wall health between them and the objective. So if you reinforce the crap out of everything and then leave a wall (such as the one I mentioned with the wall trap) only upgraded once, or without extra walls behind it, they'll funnel into there.

Saxophone fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Jul 31, 2017

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

I really like the game, though I do see two fairly major hurdles.

1) To evolve your heroes and survivors you need training manual that seem to only come from retiring heroes and survivors of rare quality and up. The primary source for rare and up heroes and survivors is through llama drops. So if you plan on having more than one hero leveled up and current, it's gonna be painful if they don't add a way to farm/acquire them elsewhere. I've seen a suggestion floated that you could trade in so many water drops or lightning bottles for them, or just make them via transform.

2) Actual weapon drops are rare and frequently very underleveled for the content they drop in. They also come very damaged to boot. The weapon schematic RNG situation would be much easier to swallow if you could find decent weapons in decent shapes from maps. This would also serve to keep players from feeling like they're stuck with a single weapon type because "well, it's my legendary". They'd feel more like a cool thing to use up than instant recycle material.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

The update notes and Dev video look promising. I'm definitely interested to see where they go and what's gonna change.

Probably one of those make or break kind of things, really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Doorknob Slobber posted:

what the gently caress

I wanted to post a "good, I wish I were even in a financial situation that allowed me to do such a thing" at which point I realized that probably a lot of people that whale aren't. :(

• Locked thread