Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bug chaser chaser
Dec 11, 2006

BadLlama posted:

So do they have drive able cars for the battle royale mode?

I haven't seen any.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bug chaser chaser
Dec 11, 2006

The only reason I bought Fortnite is for the Battle Royale mode, I'm sure I won't be the only one. It could wind up being more popular than the PVE as options are limited on PS4.

bug chaser chaser
Dec 11, 2006

Carmant posted:

Is this free on the PS4 or something? I checked the store page out earlier and there's no option to buy it, just says I can download it.

You can download it for free, but then have to pay $29.99 to purchase the early access pack from the PS Store.

bug chaser chaser
Dec 11, 2006

Psychepath posted:

They've announced that on the 26th the Battle Royale mode will be free to everyone.

They also announced this the day after a week long sale ended that was in honor of them adding the battle royale mode.

I bought the game just to play BR because of the sale.

gently caress me.

bug chaser chaser
Dec 11, 2006

I've seen people make pretty successful sniper towers out of stone and steel, each level is a V of stairs facing out, build like 4 stories so it takes a ton of ammo to take down.

But for the most part I've began to carry a lot more wood just so I can build stairs and get on top of otherwise inaccessible mountains when the circle gets smaller.

As far as locations I'm having pretty good luck with starting in the Mire, I can usually get 3-4 chests there with little competition, plus you can leave that area with 300-500 wood easy. I usually glide straight to the house with 2 chests and 2 guns and then work my way out.

Anybody have any other sweet spots? Loot lake is trash, though from time to time I'll parachute on top of the house in the middle of the lake just to break through the attic and get the chest, then I'll just wait to get the jump on the person that survives the brawl downstairs.

bug chaser chaser fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Sep 21, 2017

bug chaser chaser
Dec 11, 2006

D C posted:

https://streamable.com/70y78

I've died, a lot. This was worth it.

:perfect:

That's such a good kill - traps really don't get used as often as they should be. They need to make them more common.

I feel so hosed if I don't pick up a sniper in the first couple of minutes, but that new scoped AR does help out a lot if you're able to find one instead.

Oh and if anybody is looking to group up on PS4, add me: myswagyolo

bug chaser chaser
Dec 11, 2006

This game gets so good <15 players when everybody scrambles to build their tower. I got lucky and was able to build right in the middle of the next two circles.

bug chaser chaser fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Sep 27, 2017

bug chaser chaser
Dec 11, 2006

AndrewP posted:

I like the opening scavenging phase, it ratchets up the tension imo

I'm really enjoying this game but I suspect it's because I never had a PUBG crew and this is scratching that itch. I'm still not sure when you should be building a base though since its impossible to know where he circle will end up?

At some point once it gets to <20 players the circle is small enough where you can start building in the center of it and wind up inside of the next one.

Most of the time though you just wind up gambling that your spot will be where the circle goes to.

bug chaser chaser
Dec 11, 2006

dont forget to build walls on all sides :tif:

bug chaser chaser
Dec 11, 2006

Great Beer posted:

What stops someone from just breaking the narrow path supporting your floating platform and dropping you to the ground?

I didn't even consider that :downs:

bug chaser chaser
Dec 11, 2006

this time i used a wider platform

the last guy shot me down and i won with this bullshit shot:

https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/FilthySelfassuredFurseal

bug chaser chaser
Dec 11, 2006

Evil Fluffy posted:

This might be my favorite skybridge/platform video so far:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvG5Gm4P4N4

:hellyeah:

Hahaha that's incredible

bug chaser chaser
Dec 11, 2006

500 stone or metal, shotgun, an AR with a lot of ammo + medkits

Having a scoped AR or sniper makes it much easier though.

My end game is all about building towers.

bug chaser chaser
Dec 11, 2006

I just realized how good the silenced pistol is in BR. Kills so much faster than the shotgun if you can get the jump on them, love using it mid range too if they don't see me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bug chaser chaser
Dec 11, 2006

Bottom Liner posted:

Is there a blog or anything showing the upcoming features/updates?

https://twitter.com/fortnitebr?lang=en

I like fortnite intel

• Locked thread