Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
the panacea
May 10, 2008

Does progress carry over between platforms (I guess you'd have to buy the game twice to even check)?

quote:

What about my in-game progression?
Cross-progression is supported on PC/Mac and PS4 only. Players must link their PSN account to their Epic ID in order to enable cross-progression. Link your accounts here.

So it looks like you can buy it on their site and then link the accounts to play PC and PS4 with keeping progress.

the panacea fucked around with this message at Jul 25, 2017 around 15:59

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the panacea
May 10, 2008

This game is way more fun than I thought it would be. It's nice that I can just create a private mission and gather resources and explore as much as I want.

There are also way more build-able shapes than I thought thee were initially.

the panacea
May 10, 2008

Popete posted:

It's more that it's super confusing. Is this game even officially released? It keeps mentioning that it's in Early Access season but it has a full retail release which is odd. On top of that is the game going F2P next year as well?

It's pay for early access and allows them to switch poo poo up because it's not released.

the panacea
May 10, 2008

jimmydalad posted:

So this game has become my new obession recently. There's something about the base gameplay that scratches an itch that I didn't even know I had. Still, Stormbase missions suck doing alone, and I swear the Defenders do jack poo poo even if I give them weapons.

Did you give them ammo too? Mine are wrecking balls.

the panacea
May 10, 2008

This is what the devs posted on the official forums re Progression

quote:

Homebase Power is key
Unlock survivor slots - Survivor Squads account for the majority of your Homebase power. Make sure to slot matching leaders to squad, and then personalities to leaders when you can.

Level Up Uncommon (green) Survivors - They are an efficient way to gain power in Plankerton. Most of the XP is returned when you retire them. You need to spend survivor XP to gain power, don’t horde!

Slot and level up your Support and Tactical Heroes - These Heroes share their stats to the primary hero and provide significant boosts to health, shields, and ability damage. Even Uncommon Heroes are huge wins here.

Research provides power over time - Make sure to gather this every day and upgrade the F.O.R.T. stats and unlock Survivor slots.

Play missions for Drops of Rain and Survivor XP. You’ll need Drops of Rain for evolution, and you’ll need lots of Survivor XP to level all those Leads and Survivors.

Team up with others - Teaming up provides big boosts to Homebase power. A portion of your F.O.R.T. stats are shared with each party member.

How to pick appropriate difficulty missions

Your level for combat is based on three numbers - Homebase Power, Hero Power, Weapon Power - When all these match and you play a matching difficulty you will be on level for game.
If one of those numbers is below focus on improving that area.
What happens if you are off level? You need more bullets, you are more squishy, you build more to slow husks down, generally the game feels more grindy.

F.O.R.T. Stats Explained

Fortitude - Improves health. If you are getting killed too fast you may not have enough Fortitude.
Offense - Improves weapon damage, both melee and ranged. If it takes too long to kill husks, focus on Offense.
Resistance - Improves shield and shield regen. Best way to improve your survivability for quick moving players.
Tech - Improves ability damage, and traps. Key for Ninja’s skills, and players who use lots of traps.

F.O.R.T. stats are improved through Survivor Squads, Skill Tree, and Reasearch Tree. They are the primary driver of Homebase power.

Getting More Stuff

Mission Alerts - You may have noticed some zones with a little clock on them. These have better rewards that can be collected up to three times per day. Watch for these, they have Drops of Rain, XP, Schematics, and V-bucks in rare cases.

Dailies - You get one daily per day, you can have up three, and can abandon one per day and get a new one.

Quests - Look at the Quest Journal, there are quests that provide V-Bucks, Heroes, Schematics, Leads, and Survivors. Do these quests to help unlock things you need. As we iterate we’ll be adding more quests.

Expeditions - Send your extra Heroes out to find Survivors, rewards of these still require more balance, as a passive reward they provide a steady drip of Survivors.

Llamas - Purchased with V-Bucks, Earned from Outpost Defenses (Help a friend!), given as daily rewards either from the Founders Pack or from the Daily Reward progression.
Transform keys - Combine commons, and uncommons to get rares. When you’re ready start combining Survivors to get ones you need.

the panacea
May 10, 2008

ImpactVector posted:

Someone said that the v-coins don't transfer between the two systems though, so watch out for that maybe.

Yeah vbucks are bound to platform. I guess it's their try to cut down on people only buying it on the platform & region where points are the cheapest due to exchange rates. Alternatively it could have something to do with PSN store ToS.

the panacea
May 10, 2008

Tei posted:

Check missions rewards. Find one that reward hero XP. Do that one. Then do it again. Don't think about IF playing it again, as soon it end, queue again. then queue again and again. Just click, don't think.

You will end with a hilarious stack of XP, like 20.000xp. Too bad you will then be capped by unlocking in the skills tree. So remember to stack progressing your skill tree to these unlocks.

I got one on my first llamas when I bought the game, and I am in level 38-ish missions and is still useful. Do some ridiculous high damage and 2 shells in the mag is not bad. It 2 shots the stuff that can't oneshot. Its very usefull against special enemies like trolls and the big tank hulk.
I just don't like it because looks goofy and is annoying to be constantly reloading.

I am leveling up the flare pistol. I like the special effects to it. Bounce on walls, the explosion knoff-of monsters. On a normal game it would be nerfed, but here maybe I will end with a awesome tool in the endgame.

I think the quickest way to level the skill tree is just going into the random assist mission. Those are usually help a random dude defend their base. They seem to give way more skill xp than the usual missions.

the panacea
May 10, 2008

Tei posted:

Lol,

they have wiped Plankerton without a warning. a lot of people is going to be loving pissed

What do you mean by wiped? The bases?

the panacea
May 10, 2008

My current bottle neck are the god drat tears/water. Every evolve to 2star needs a shitload (20 per Legendary).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the panacea
May 10, 2008

I thought yesterday's troll llamas were the same super llamas as before. Turns out it's only 1 legendary per pack and guess who got to slot a hero into his collection.

• Locked thread