Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
So is this game free? I keep seeing people mention F2P but it looks like it at least costs $40 to start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Idk why I bought this but I did and I hope it's good cause I hate having to go to the UPS store to return stuff to Amazon.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I bought the Deluxe Edition, am I gonna have to spend more money to get anywhere in this game? Cause if so I'll go ahead and cancel that order right now.

Why is this how games are structured these days? I just wanna pay full price and have a game to play.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It's more that it's super confusing. Is this game even officially released? It keeps mentioning that it's in Early Access season but it has a full retail release which is odd. On top of that is the game going F2P next year as well?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I've only barely started playing this (like 1 hour) so don't take my word as an indicator that you should definitely buy it. But so far it's fun and campy and the loot system is intriguing, it's better than I expected after reading initial impressions.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Everything you just said is probably true and correct but I have no idea what it means. This game has so many intertwining systems it's insanity. I've basically engaged with none of them besides leveling poo poo up when a quest requires me too because I don't wanna burn resources without knowing what I'm doing.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

CrashCat posted:

The need for ammo in the game at all seems redundant when everything has a durability bar. I suppose for more expensive ammo types it makes sense but on the cheap ammo it's just trivially more resource management.

Yeah I think ammo should just be removed it's just an annoyance to monitor mid fight.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Bakalakadaka posted:

I'm ok with ammo existing and you have plenty of time to prepare for fights so mid fight ammo shortages aren't usually a problem. That said I wouldn't complain if they got rid of it so I can use all my nuts and bolts on traps instead.

That's just it, ammo takes resources that could be used to build forts/traps. I never build during missions except maybe a basic square box around the objective just because I don't wanna waste the resources. They really need to encourage building forts instead of punishing players who spend the resources. For a game about building forts and making traps it actually seems to be very small part of the game so far.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

CrashCat posted:

At least at low levels it seems to be more trouble than it's worth, if you can run out so easily when you've obviously been harvesting often. As if to add insult to injury, I now have two different powers that give resource packs, but they're both just wood/stone/metal and basically borderline useless to me. Some serious rebalancing is needed on the resources for this game to make any sense.

Yeah I'm always stock full in Wood/Metal/Brick but it doesn't really seem all that useful when you need a bunch of other crafting materials for traps or anything fun/useful. There also isn't really any good explanation of where to find things so I find myself not wanting to craft traps because it might use up a bunch of duct tape and idk where to find more.

Throw in ammo using nuts & bolts which isn't hard to find but you do need to stock up on and it's just an extra layer of annoyance. I find myself using a melee weapon a lot just so I don't have to bother with ammo.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The one benefit of there being craftable ammo is that it means I use my melee weapon more often just so I don't have to think about it.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
This game is fun, I am enjoying this game. I would not recommend this game.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Yeah they need a looting timer or something it gets ridiculous when missions take like 45 minutes cause everyone wants every possible scrap of loot.

Also one minor annoyance about looting is you have to stand still well holding the button, if you move at all around the container it resets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Inzombiac posted:

I'm just logging in to collect and spend research points until they release an endless mode.

Same, I haven't played an actual mission in like 2 weeks. It takes so drat long because everyone spends 45 minutes looting.

• Locked thread