Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Electrical Fire
Mar 29, 2010
Is there a separate discord for BR or is the one in the op for Save the World and BR? It'd be nice to have people to group up with to do squad challenges.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electrical Fire
Mar 29, 2010

TracerBullet posted:

So, I'm new to Fortnite's Battle Royale - thus far I really prefer this to PUBG for a number of reasons. It's brighter, games are way faster, less 'serious', and the looting system is pretty cool. The biggest thing I'm struggling with right now is the building aspect of Fortnite, especially when it comes to active fire-fights. How in the world are some people so drat fast at throwing up walls and ramps as soon as I start shooting at them? Are there one-button macros that allow you to switch to blueprints and place a specific building all at once or are they really just that drat quick?

Also, are rocket launchers and grenade launchers found just luck of the draw or are there specific areas where they are more likely to drop? In my ~50 games I've found precisely zero rocket launches and only one grenade launcher...even from people I've killed. I've gotten to the final four or five people a couple times and, when everyone's sporting a rocket launcher at that point I'm pretty outgunned...

Also looking for friends/squads - Tracer-Bullet

You can bind each type of building (walls, stairs, floors, don't bother with pyramids) to any key so it's just press that key - > click and you've put up a wall. I highly recommend binding them to mouse buttons to keep your left hand free for movement.

As for explosives, you must just be getting unlucky. A lot of them are probably from air drops though, so try to go for those when you can.

Electrical Fire
Mar 29, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

Next patch we are getting some compensation for the gently caress up from last patch.

5 or 6 stars for battle royale rank and 1600 seasonal gold for save the world.

Not too shabby for save the world. Gets you one of the big event items.

I heard 20 stars for BR.

Electrical Fire
Mar 29, 2010

keyframe posted:

Can you guys give me some tips on building. I keep running across people who poo poo out fortresses in 30 seconds while I can barely pick what kind of wall I will build in that time. Is there a recommended key binding? Currently everything is default on my end.

Use side mouse buttons if you have them.

Electrical Fire
Mar 29, 2010
The bug where looted chests appear unlooted from a distance is back after being gone for like 10 patches. They're really struggling with that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electrical Fire
Mar 29, 2010
There's some free skins up for grabs through twitch if you have Amazon prime. Or you can get a free month trial of prime to get them if you don't already have it.

• Locked thread