Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Whats the playerbase for this like? The lack of people really talking about this and huge development time, it wouldnt surprise me if it's DOA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Got this game yesterday in the end. Pretty interesting but really does suffer from too much menu stuff and honestly far too many abilities and cards and skills that dont really make much of a difference at all. All the games Ive played with people probably could have been done without even building anything and I dont think Ive actually lost health yet. I assume it gets more difficult but as of now its a bit of a slog but maybe a good podcast game to play and not pay a whole lot of attention to

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

dont loving spend $200 on this wtf
Im level 7 now and everythings still way too easy. got away with some missions without even building anything. also theres waaay too many systems in play that have little to no bearing on the game. at least it looks nice

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

stop giving these guys money

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Lakedaimon posted:

My friend will not admit how much he has spent on this game (and im estimating at least 1500-2000) . He's upset that he has not got a orange Pathfinder Jess yet. He is basically a living embodiment of the Sunk Cost Fallacy. His in-game boyfriend (the guy who has already spent 10k on Star Citizen) is still trying to get an orange Urban Assault, despite spending sometimes 5 straight hours opening llamas.

I'm never going to give this game a penny the way it works now.

what the gently caress? I thought the goons who spent ~$250 were bad enough

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

So is there anything you can do about people making GBS threads out fortresses the second you fire a shot at them or are you just hosed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

teagone posted:

Out build them and push if you're within range, or alternatively, if you have the appropriate loadout you should build immediate cover in response and spam down their fort with weapons that are good at shredding structures, e.g., a SCAR, AR (not burst), tactical SMG, and/or splodes.
Usually when I fire at someone they just immediately start making GBS threads out structures regardless of range so me building something wouldnt really work, nor do I really ever have the ammo to plink at their structures while looking out for them popping up over the top. So Ill maybe hit them once or twice and then just run away when they start building stuff and find another target which doesnt seem right

• Locked thread