Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

LaserShark posted:

I'm tempted to get this, but the whole 'paying for F2P' bit concerns me. Will players get compensated for their extra payment once it leaves EA, or are they paying to beta test?

They reset one small part of the game in this last patch, but gave everyone back the materials they had spent. They say they will be resetting parts of the game if they need to for changes, but will be preserving players' progression.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

CrashCat posted:

Hmmm, 20 bucks would be about the right price. Are the codes platform-specific?

The PS4 "base" install is free (you can't actually play without buying an upgrade,) and the account info is shared across platforms. Buy once anywhere and play on both platforms. XBox I'm not so sure about

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib
Don't play with randoms if you can avoid it. Irrespective of all the other problems with the game, it's way better with friends.

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

Great Beer posted:

The new mode is cool but has done nothing for the problem the game already had where you spend way too much time punching trees, rocks, and appliances instead of shooting zombies and building forts.

The group I've been playing with has noticed that we're doing a TON less farming for materials than before. As you get higher up (we're low level canny valley,) they changed the drop rates so stuff starts dropping way more materials, and they re-balanced the pickaxe damage scaling so harvesting actually gets faster rather than slower.

That being said, there's apparently a nasty bug that's kicking entire teams on the night->day transition after night 12 in Survive the Storm. I'm holding off on playing that mode for now.

• Locked thread