Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015
They might've just hosed up some conditional logic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015
The subreddit seems to have the negativity well in hand.

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015

Leif. posted:

I'd settle for a review to just be accurate.

There are flaws to be sure, but honestly I'd question whether the reviewer played for more than 20 minutes. Not only can you craft more ammo mid-mission, but it's literally right there on your UI in big letters saying "HOLD R TO CRAFT MORE AMMO DUMBASS". The inventory has a tab in it called "Crafting" that, rather intuitively, tells you exactly how much of what resource (names included) is required to build it. And as for the inventory being "crowded" -- that's a rather intuitive side effect of refusing to retire/recycle the things in it, given that doing so is basically the primary way of getting XP items.

I mean, I feel dirty saying "Reddit has a point" but this review actively made me feel stupider for having read it.

I actually thought this review was spot on and did a really good job explaining what works and doesn't work about Fortnite. I think what he means is not literally "there is no way to craft ammo" but rather "I can't craft ammo mid-mission without hunting down more random nuts and bolts". I can see how that would be misleading about this part, but I think in general his criticisms are super valid. E.g. the basic incentive problems created in every co-op mission which discourage working together, progress being largely gated by llamas, survivors etc. being a really unsatisfying system.

I like the game, but I think it really needs to fix these issues if it's going to have staying power.

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015
The tiers are literally just one dudes comment from when the sheet was originally posted. I'd tend to ignore it.

• Locked thread