Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sogekihei
Jul 15, 2001
This game gets my adrenaline going like nothing has in a while. Xbox One gamer tag "Chuckmonster372" if anyone is around. Playing with another goon but #wesuck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sogekihei
Jul 15, 2001
Just a little confused about the patch note "Shields will no longer protect you from damage while in the DBNO state.
You will keep any remaining shield if a teammate revives you."

In what scenario would you have any shield left if you've been knocked out? Doesn't it all have to go away before you start losing hit points?

sogekihei
Jul 15, 2001
Welp. There it is.

sogekihei
Jul 15, 2001
That’s a badass first win. I can’t aim that drat thing for the life of me.

sogekihei
Jul 15, 2001
That’s not bad for random squads. I already know the answer to the question (people are idiots) but why in the world would you not jump where 3/4 squad mates are jumping? Every other game it seems some jackass just peels off without the rest of the squad and dies.

sogekihei
Jul 15, 2001
I’ll buy that. Although I feel like a leech sometimes when I can’t pull my weight, squad mates do add a little forgiveness and circumstantially help me win fights I wouldn’t have otherwise. Plus getting a squad with some folks on mics / head screwed on makes it a fun experience.

sogekihei
Jul 15, 2001
Haha yea im conflicted on how “cheap” it is to hide the whole game. I did it last night with a duo, ended up winning, when all I did was sit in tomato town for 8 minutes then poach the final few kills. To be fair you still have to seal the deal at the end, so hey, whatever.

sogekihei
Jul 15, 2001

precision posted:

I don't think it's cheap at all - the person or people you have to take out to win are almost guaranteed to have crazy amounts of good poo poo from looting corpses. Unless you get insanely lucky with finding gold chests, it's unlikely you'll be on equal footing gear-wise.

Little kid on mic "HEY GUYS I GOT A SCAR I GOT A SCAR GUYS I GOT A SCAR" immediately after landing. I thought "right and you're gonna be the first one on our team to eat poo poo". Guess what happened...

Yea I’d agree with that, we got lucky with one grenade launcher and the rest was grey weapons.

And yea, lol at kids getting over excited about finding scars. It’s like Murphy’s law, if any kid under 14 finds a scar they’re guaranteed to die first.

sogekihei
Jul 15, 2001
drat that’s the two least “deadliest” weapons I would have guessed.

I got scavenger
Total Chests Looted: 1008
Total Resources Collected: 83523
Most Collected Resource: wood

I think it just means I collect a lot of poo poo good intentions of reaching the end game but never do.

sogekihei
Jul 15, 2001
A few days late on the hotfix for the suppressed SMG, has anyone used it/did the hotfix make the SMGs worth a drat? Still hesitant to use it over the pistol. As long as they made it so that it’s not such a throw away weapon.

sogekihei
Jul 15, 2001
Haha cold blooded...real question, is there a best way to get points? I could imagine whatever is harder gets more but does it differentiate solo/duo/squad wins?

sogekihei
Jul 15, 2001
Never played pubg but seen a few streams. Watching them manipulate the menus with items/equipping/unequipping made me want to blow my brains out. Fortnite Battle Royale distills it down to simple weapons and equipment that makes the focus gameplay. Rare weapons help, but only to an extent. You could win the game with a poo poo common weapon by no stretch of the imagination.

sogekihei
Jul 15, 2001
Just turned fortnite on today and saw a noticeable difference in display. Lines/Colors definitely not as sharp as they were, all looks a little fuzzier. Tried to mess with my Xbox and game settings but found nothing. Anyone else have this happen?

sogekihei
Jul 15, 2001
Am I wrong to think that PC players would have a huge advantage with a mouse and keyboard?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sogekihei
Jul 15, 2001
Sounds like it’s sort of just cross platform play for the novelty of it. Compare PC building vs console building and holy poo poo.

• Locked thread