Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Great Beer posted:

early access gaming lol

Hell yeah full price early access gaming :clint:

I really wanted this to be something I could jump into cause the concept sounded cool but drat, the more I read the more my gut says to run screaming. It's gonna suck to wait until 2018 only to probably find out I am gonna have to spend that much anyway, to get some necessary utility. At least that's usually how it goes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Hmmm, 20 bucks would be about the right price. Are the codes platform-specific?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Vitamin P posted:

They should probably have infinite ammo, and we should be able to give them consistent equipment in the menu screen. If I could stick a cool hat on them and know they'll always use the funky lasergun I keep on hand for them it would be a lot smoother.

And them being useless without dicking about with ammo is annoying. They should all have a low-quality but infinite ammo weapon they use when their proper ammo runs dry.
The need for ammo in the game at all seems redundant when everything has a durability bar. I suppose for more expensive ammo types it makes sense but on the cheap ammo it's just trivially more resource management.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Popete posted:

Yeah I think ammo should just be removed it's just an annoyance to monitor mid fight.
I had to basically spend an entire mission this weekend smashing up cars because I ran out of bolts and needed to stock up in case I got sent to another mission that basically has none. If you are going to make a resource that important it needs to be everywhere.

Similarly I noticed people weren't bothering with traps in about half the missions I played this weekend, and of those that did only a precious few were any use. I think they need to cost a lot fewer resources or something cause I would frequently have full wood/stone/metal and be unable to build any traps, and I rarely covered every place that I would have liked to put one. At least at low levels it seems to be more trouble than it's worth, if you can run out so easily when you've obviously been harvesting often. As if to add insult to injury, I now have two different powers that give resource packs, but they're both just wood/stone/metal and basically borderline useless to me. Some serious rebalancing is needed on the resources for this game to make any sense.

I did some of the crazy wall sandwiches on a fort when I was left alone to defend it and that helped keep it up til the cavalry arrived, so thanks for that tip.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Map tab is definitely the way to go on PS4. If you have a specific mission type as the "main quest" then the Play Now from the first tab will pick that, but if you're in one of the freelance parts or just need a certain type you should go hit up the map. You can also do the matchmaking from there to join a random other mission and it gives you two types of matchmaking, though it isn't clear to me what the difference is. One of them says level 1-15 for me and the other says 15 with no range, which is really weird since I got access to that at like power level 6.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

I did actually luck out and get one Legendary gun of some sort with one of my many free loots (of some sort, I'm too absentminded to remember what), but I doubt I would ever play enough to hit The Wall anyway. And right now I am enjoying my Firecracker too much to care about the numbers on anything else.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

I'm not sure what the point of craftable ammo is exactly, especially when there is already a durability system.
I'm coming to the conclusion that it's to make Nuts n Bolts excessively needed because someone on the team loves whacking apart cars. I didn't put two and two together til I read it here but that's why I ran out of ammo, cause I spent the bolts making traps. It's so dumb I'm almost tempted to actually find out how to send feedback.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

ColHannibal posted:

I wouldn't mind ammo crafting if it did not require nuts and bolts and only used metal.
Yeah, I would gladly even take an ability that just ate metal and spit out bolts. It's vastly easier to get a surplus of the main 3 than anything else, and that's fine to some extent but on the disposable items it can really suck

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Kalli posted:

The main thing I keep running out of is planks of wood. They really should let you render wood into planks and metal into nuts and bolts like you do with duct tape and blasting powder.
Oh yeah I ran out of those once too. Is there anything besides trees for those?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Skandranon posted:

Not only is there a way to craft ammo mid-mission, it's the ONLY way. My guess is he rage-quit after running out of ammo.
Yeah that kind of annoyed me at least once when I wanted to make a gun or something between missions to make sure i had the stuff. Of course I could load up my base but that seems like a waste of time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Well, if any of these games that ape trading card games had actual trading that wouldn't be an issue...

• Locked thread