Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Question for you guys - my son plays Fortnite BR pretty regularly and really likes it, and I'm thinking of getting the paid version on the Xbone for him - but is the whole game worth the $30 or whatever? I know it's going f2p "sometime in 2018," but I suspect not any time soon.

My son thinks he would like PUBG too, but it seems like it still needs a lot of work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

I grabbed the $30 version of this the other night - does the game pretty frequently just gently caress off and freeze during PvE? It froze up the first time at the very beginning of the tutorial when I tried to build the first set of stairs, and then again when after I defended the first survivors and was supposed to lay the 3 floor traps. We're talking the first 10 minutes of actual game play here.

So I went to play BR with randos, got murdered within seconds of landing the first time, second time survived a couple of minutes, third time my squad gathered a bunch of stuff and one of the guys TK'd me. :wtf:
I'm assuming this is just the nature of pubbies.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

If anybody wants to drag me around like an anchor in either PvE or BR on the Xbone, be my Xbone BFF, GT: Nostratic

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

I'm having the opposite experience - I'm okay with PvE, but BR... Forget it. I think part of it is doing squads with pubbies, the rest is just me sucking. I need to adjust the controller sensitivity for sure, the few times I actually get to fire back at an enemy it turns into a spaz fest on my end.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

I'm looking for people to group with as well, only on the Xbone for now.

• Locked thread