Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RecoomesSexyRear
Jul 18, 2003

Xae posted:

There is a fun game in Fortnite but it seems burried under 50 different systems that only exist for monetization.

The survivor aspect thing as is could be scrapped completely there is too much poo poo to fill in or maintain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RecoomesSexyRear
Jul 18, 2003

TheBlandName posted:

I mean, if you believe they have the manpower to render the PvE game generally good and not merely "literally the only quasi-finished entry in its niche" than there's no problem from your perspective. Anyone who isn't already happy with Fortnite, or who has doubts about the devs abilities/permissions to fix what's currently poo poo about it, is going to view additional game modes as distractions from the main event. It's a difference in perspective based upon how much good will to issue to a previously competent brand that has since jumped most of the way down the Freemium rabbit hole. I'm laying it on a little thick because I'm treating your question as serious, and I'm trying to illustrate a perspective different from your own through exaggeration.

While I don't have any numbers to back it up i'm assuming the player base was dropping fast and they threw something in to keep the game relevant for the console because PUBG isn't out yet. Honestly I have no faith in them making the PVE experience any better though.

• Locked thread