Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

I felt like a ninja, and my kung-fu was strong.

A couple pages back, people were mentioning selling their extra standard codes for $20. Anyone got extras? I am apparently dumb enough to spend $20 on a gacha hype train. PM me or leave an email address or something.

I have been helped.

Sputnik fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jul 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

Sputnik posted:

A couple pages back, people were mentioning selling their extra standard codes for $20. Anyone got extras? I am apparently dumb enough to spend $20 on a gacha hype train. PM me or leave an email address or something.

Thanks to Skandranon for hooking me up. I look forward to re-learning the sheer intensity of the Early Access Regret.

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

Before I saunter over to SAMart, did anyone want, or know someone, who wanted a Standard key for $20 USD paypal? My skinnerbox just got upgraded.

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

Tei posted:

Us gamers are simple to figure out. We want bigger numbers. Just give us bigger numbers, always make the big numbers even bigger. I think every game dev in the world must be forced to play Cookie Clicker at least once.

Never make a game where a number shrink. You can always make enemies lifepoints bigger, bigger number.

False. Don't make enemies bullet sponges. Make more enemies to blow up. Make your GPU melt with explosionary euphoria.

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

Currently, there are no mechanisms to monetize or upgrade your character in the PVP arena, and no rewards for achieving any sort of survival.

That said, it is a pretty great representation of a Battle Royale, even if it'll probably loving shatter the playerbase and queue times.

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

hey welcome to the show! posted:

I was keeping an eye on this for a while.
I ultimately decided that I wasn't going to play this because of all the PTW garbage loot crates.
But the battle grounds mode makes me interested in the game again.

I don't know... I'm up in the air on this now.

After playing this game for nearly two months, I can say that it is a fun game with some of the thickest layers of mobile gacha poo poo I have ever seen. That said, there are these rare moments where the devs appear not to hate us for brief snippets of time and either give us something interesting to do (I rather like mutant storms) or give us free poo poo as a shallow apology for all the gacha.

As a public service announcement, the reward for doing a level 15 14-day Survive The Storm is some top-tier perfection.

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

Are extra copies of the game still moving? I had one that I was hoping to sell for $20, but it seemed like conversation had steered away from that, and I just assumed everyone who was interested had the game already.

Anyone want to make me $20 richer?

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Also I'm a big fan of how much more quickly you assemble an arsenal in this. I just wish I knew how much better the different weapon qualities are

For PVE at least, White Sushi figures out all classes, weapons, and possibilities here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iWt-LgADVmRdQnS9OomDFqjqXQT7wyyPA1unctnaPHM/htmlview?sle=true

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

Sputnik posted:

Are extra copies of the game still moving? I had one that I was hoping to sell for $20, but it seemed like conversation had steered away from that, and I just assumed everyone who was interested had the game already.

If people are looking to get a copy of the game for $20 USD, I started a SA Mart thread for my copy.

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

Rexxed posted:

Yeah I figured that would be an issue. I read that helping people with storm shield defense missions gets you more hero XP also so I'll try that when I don't have any more event quests to work on.

Another tactic is to open llamas and retire all the defenders that you get. Defenders are basically useless (with the exception of the previous not-really-great event), and they return hero XP.

As I write this, I have ~20+ mini llamas that are too bothersome to open. For those who don't know how to get free mini llamas every day, simply link your Twitch account for an extra daily quest for a free garbage llama.

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

Feel free to double check me, but the halloween Epic heroes apparently have the same stats as the Legendary versions. A purple llamurai gains stats as fast as a legendary dragon.

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

Between a Hydra, a Gravedigger, the jack-o-lantern launcher and the dragonslash mummy, any one character ought to be able to basically solo anything hex has to throw at it. Hell, even the Hydra is probably optional, although you'll really burn through that medium ammo.

Murdertrain!

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

Wait, people think that the seasonal heroes are good? How / why?

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

If you're an rear end in a top hat (and you loving know that I am), you can also take solace in that there is no penalty for just straight up going AFK. Think your team has it in the bag? Have to go take a piss? Answer the phone? Make supper? Just hide in a tall tower, barricade the door, unequip your weapons, and walk away from the screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

What about the legendary launchers? Is the bonus impact worth it? It's in the event store for daily coin this week.

• Locked thread