Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

Resident Sergio Apologist
CHAMPION
All I want is a legendary pathfinder. Not even the epic. I'm one of the good guys who drops materials for constructors, upgrades existing structures, places traps, and points out special chests to teammates via keen(er) eyes.

Why does this game have to prevent me from becoming who I was born to be?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

CHAMPION

Tei posted:

Recon scout and vanguard seems to be a better outlander than pathfinder.

Vanguard... I have a epic one and anti-material punch have a 13 seconds cooldown, so I can turn all the cars in a industrial zone into ammo and solid walls in no time. Don't have a recon scout levelup, but from the description can see chest from 3 tiles away, and thats kind of OP as hell if you are into chest hunting.

I have a recon scout and perhaps a green vanguard, but I like keen eyes + Teddy, and that (AFAIK) is only found on the pathfinder. I do have an epic deadeye slotted that helps out with pistol damage.

I read that an epic pathfinder jess is a quest item midway through Canny Valley. T/F? If so, I may hold off on spending a ton of v-bucks.

Edit - I do not care about shock towers or punching, though I do recognize that it helps harvest materials.

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

CHAMPION
After gaining ground, I've seem to hit a wall on quest page 3 or 4 of Plankytown. Completed missions are showing MAYBE 2 bars of increase on the completed mission screen. Surely there's a bug, because I can't see how I can get to higher levels in my lifetime.

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

CHAMPION

ImpactVector posted:

2) Leveling up with commander XP/skills is not the main way to increase your power outside a few key purchases. Survivors are. So you want to beeline all survivor unlocks with your skill points (especially leads you have a match for), but otherwise most skills add very little to your power.

This is what I'm perhaps guilty of not doing. I'm almost up to my 40 nodes unlocked in Skill Tier 2, but I've been focusing on offense or things related to my Outlander.

I'm 2 short of unlocking all the squads, but 2 of my unlocked squads don't have leads available yet.

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

CHAMPION

Skandranon posted:

This is funny, as the last 2 squads I unlocked were the ones I had been carrying Mythic Leaders from when I started the game.

I have a mythic silhouetted in my inventory, but I don't know what to do with it. It's not even a specific silhouette. It's just like a bathroom stick figure.

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

CHAMPION

Great Beer posted:

Are you selecting missions around your level and allowing others to join? Because if so this will cause your power rating to go up and give you less XP for the mission unless you select something 20+ levels above your current power level.

I have recently allowed public to join, and that would explain a lot if true.

I don't like the idea of doing missions solo, especially when a simple "3 med-bot activations" mission places me in a map that is starved of bluglo AND the type of survivors I need, and the survivors that ARE on the map are so spread out that I can't do anything but try to complete the mission before the timer runs out.

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

CHAMPION
Is it possible that these people are doing play with others but they have different quest requirements at a similar power level? Like maybe they don't need to destroy encampments, but they do have to find three locators around the map or something. So they bugger off to do that, and since somebody is actually completing the objective for the map, they get credit for completing their side quest too.

I in no way condone this, but I'm just offering an explanation for why people don't seem to want to complete the objectives besides "private farming."

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

CHAMPION
Pyramids are resources efficient as far as protection goes, plus enemies will path onto and up a pyramid instead of attacking the first part they touch. I believe chargers will run up and NOT hit anything, but I could be wrong.

Quad walls are usually my go-to if I have the space. Vertical wall as close to the objective as I can, then a ramp sloping from my head down to the bottom of the vertical wall, then a 1x2 floor tile, placed underneath the ramp, then a vertical wall again. It's a lot of building HP in one "tile," so it works very well to dissuade enemies from attacking it. Place it on an entrance you don't want enemies to use, or just surround your fort in it.

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

CHAMPION
What is the typical background for a whale? I don't have $10,000 to spend. I mean I have a mortgage and a car and a wife and a kid on the way, but who are these people who can just drop thousands and thousands of dollars on multiple games throughout the year?

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

CHAMPION
I read that the superhero llama they had a few nights ago guaranteed 8 Heroes, but they only gave us 7 plus Storm tickets. Epic acknowledged this and said they would remedy the situation. I don't know how they're going to do that.

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

CHAMPION

StabMasterArson posted:

what the gently caress? I thought the goons who spent ~$250 were bad enough

I bet I've spent just short of $200 on the game (I got the $90? edition + v bucks for llamas), and while that's not something I'm terribly proud of, I've put in a lot of hours in the game, so my $/hour cost isn't that bad. Spending $1,000+ on this game - or any game - is a whole other level.

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

CHAMPION
To all these people getting refunds, are you keeping the base game and just refunding upgrades and vbucks, or are you losing your account entirely?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

CHAMPION

Nullsmack posted:

I installed BR on my Xbox last night and found out that it's not nearly as cut-throat as on PC. Might be an easy way to do some of the challenges there. For shits and giggles, I plugged in a mouse and keyboard to see if they would work. Keyboard yes, but not mouse. It could maybe work as a hybrid where you use the keyboard to run around and select building actions and weapons super fast while still using the controller to aim.

There are a few USB devices that allow you to use a mouse and keyboard to play Xbox as you would on PC. They cost as much as $150.

• Locked thread