Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NumptyScrub
Aug 22, 2004

damn it I think the mirrors broken >˙.(

sushibandit posted:

STS is pretty fun and good overall, but I'd be absolutely sure to craft a few set of backup weapons, completely fill up on ammo, and stock up on everything else before starting a round. I played through the 3-day rank 40 mission and it burned through ~18k rounds of ammo and all of my crafting materials. Probably didn't help that the 3 pubbies were all rating 20 in a drat rating 40 mission.

I legitimately don't know how a group could physically stock up on enough supplies to last a 14-day match unless they had a dedicated outlander spending the entire time running around collecting stuff, and even in that case you'd eventually run out of ammo and the supplies to craft more. Maybe relying on extreme kill tunnels with lots of traps to take care of all the fodder? Will be interesting to see how people handle it.

Also of note:
* no bonus objectives
* it took almost an hour to play the 3-day mission
* rewards were 200 tickets and 2 green weapon schematics

I'm an indicated power 28, and the matchmaking refuses to put me in anything lower than 40 in Plankerton, i.e. clicking the "find match" and letting it find me a random game is level 40 every loving time. I get no XP for level equivalent maps, I assume my secret hidden commander level must be stupidly high or something. My weapons and characters are all 40-50 indicated power (level 20 purples / oranges) and I'm not sure if that's contributing to me being put in "overlevelled" content.

I can hold my own against l40 enemies, but I'm sure the randoms in the match are cursing me for leeching off them or something.

Also for materials, can you access your storm shield stash in the STS maps? I've only been stockpiling metal in mine for over the top building, but I've got spare slots for several stacks of bolts and other bits for the survival mode if need be. Pathfinder Jess is great for making sure you have too many basic crafting materials using up all your spare backpack space XD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NumptyScrub
Aug 22, 2004

damn it I think the mirrors broken >˙.(

Tei posted:

I think the Fortnite-PUBG will be improved if they add new dances, and make so the character can walk/run while dancing and the hitbox changed realistically while the character dance.

This will make it the best game ever, basically.

• Locked thread