Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
  • Locked thread
Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

I'm not too far into this game but I am liking it a lot because orcs must die was my jam when it was new. It really feels to me like an expanded version of omd where you build everything instead of just traps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

The firework pistol is a beautiful gun and I love it

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

A good trap and fort setup is essential if you're playing solo past the level 5 missions. Traps are incredibly powerful. Also I still haven't gotten a wall spike schematic what the heck.

Also fun thing I learned last night: later on the storm can change directions in the middle of a wave!

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

You know what would be great is a way to send wood/stone/metal to your storm shield storage from a mission so I can go nuts building up home base with less switching between missions.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

The pyramid seems like a great quick temporary fort for missions where the objective is in an open area but if your main base isn't a super elaborate death castle you are missing out.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

They clarified what happened to the bases. They changed the maps and had to remove the bases but gave you everything back.

https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/...canny-and-twine

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Defenders would be so much better if they just had infinite ammo for whatever weapon you give them. It's a little bit of a hassle to give them all guns but I think it's a nice way of customizing them and being able to make them strong by throwing your best guns at them.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Have they actually said anything other than "free to play in 2018" yet? I assume that means late 2018 so it'll be a pretty long time before it happens.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Popete posted:

Yeah I think ammo should just be removed it's just an annoyance to monitor mid fight.

I'm ok with ammo existing and you have plenty of time to prepare for fights so mid fight ammo shortages aren't usually a problem. That said I wouldn't complain if they got rid of it so I can use all my nuts and bolts on traps instead.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

Usually when I choose a mission on the map nobody else is doing it and I end creating a room, but the game is happy to matchmake people into my game at that point so it works.

I think the only way to join random people is by doing the"play with others" mission outside the storm shield.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Yeah if that llama doesn't have some guaranteed legends or something its a waste since 15 regular llamas would get you a lot more than 20 items.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Got 5 legends out of 21 items total. The llama upgraded to gold but I dunno if that makes a difference or if it always does that.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Great Beer posted:

No, you must gamble for your equipment. And there must be no system in place to turn all the things you don't want into the thing you want. To do otherwise might make players happy and happy players spend less money. So get spending!

There's a system to gamble things you don't want into another thing that may be what you want but probably won't be! But it takes either a shitload of research points or people.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Repair the shelter missions are really hard. So many lobbers from every direction. And the build limit bonus is way too low to do much more than cover the shelter itself.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Drakenel posted:

To add to this, the build limit really only effects what level loot chest you get at the end of the game, and often what pitiful stuff it gives is not why most people will be playing the mission. (Either quests or specific rewards that they'll get just for completing the mission) Most won't have a problem with going 'gently caress it, level the city and build a goddamn castle.'

The weird thing to me is that most missions where you defend an objective give you a way higher limit than you need. Most fight the storm/ride the lightning/retrieve the data missions I barely use half the limit. But on the shelter missions you get less than 100 (on the ones I've done anyway) where you need half of it just to cover the objective on top of needing omnidirectional defenses unless it's in a really favorable spot.

It's not a huge deal but the score at the end does result in extra rewards, which is especially nice when the mission had something you need like rain or lightning.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

I have a laser sniper rifle which has no scope but you can charge the shots and they'll pierce enemies and I can usually 1 shot huskies with a charged headshot unless they're way higher level. More importantly it looks and sounds cool.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Dravs posted:

My problem with the energy weapons is they take a super long time to reload. I have got a space gun, which sounds cool, however in reality it is just a really slow firing revolver that takes ages to reload. Also the energy bolts travel slower than regular bullets, so it is a pita to lead anything at range.

It's only good points is it bounces off walls and pierces enemies, so it work's great in a murder tunnel. However in a murder tunnel, the traps will usually kill everything anyway.

The one I'm talking about actually reloads really fast so it's kind of like a bolt action rifle if you're just doing charged shots.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

I always smash things that I know come up as daily quests just in case someone needs them. And I hope other people do the same because sometimes you just can't find your daily items.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Survive the Storm update is out. There's a warning when you do the survive missions that the 14 day ones can (will) take four hours. And if you beat a level 70 survival you get a legendary hero of your choice from the 4 new ones. Also a new set of weapons and new llamas and poo poo

https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/...--release-notes

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Do the sts maps have a lot of fragments for outlanders? Or are the fragment skills basically useless?

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Pyramids looking cool is the only reason I ever build them.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

I still like this game a lot but I'm definitely not giving them any more money until they rework the gambling for usable equipment and heroes. I just want a recon scout maaaaan. Just gonna save all these free v bucks for llamas with guaranteed legends.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Dravs posted:

I got a legendary recon scout tonight, then I went and opened a lama and also got an epic recon scout and epic pathfinder.

drat things are like buses.

I hate you I got a legendary wildcat which is good but STILL NO RECON SCOUT.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

I'm just gonna ignore pubfortgnite and keep shooting zambos

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

I love toilet bacon.

Also I did a 14 day level 40 survive the storm and it wasn't actually that bad it just took 5 hours. 750 storm tickets feels low for that kind of time but whatever. If there were more significant rewards or you could fast forward the daytime parts it'd be a lot better.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

I have no interest in not-pubg and I like the regular game but I'm glad people are enjoying it because maybe they'll want to relax and shoot some zambos later.

Also apparently the pubg man is mad at Epic for this existing now lmao.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

This one is for all my homies stuck in queues: http://www.leagueofpirates.com/sirvival/queuedance.html

Also it's way louder than i remember

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Canny and beyond are admittedly not done though, to the point where the story is like "lol poo poo we didn't think you'd get here so fast so uhh have fun I guess"

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

New pve event starts up on Thursday
https://twitter.com/FortniteGame/st...214898929340416

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Mister Fister posted:

Is PVE going to be F2P as well or is it only just going to be for battle royale?

Save the World mode is supposed to go f2p sometime next year

Efb

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

The pve mode has the update today and a halloween update coming so at minimum there's another month of new poo poo.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Neon Knight posted:

Horde Bash isn't giving me skill points or tickets any more. Is there a limit on that poo poo? Here is a new mode, hope you like it, but don't play it too much. Really?

I really like horde bash, it cuts through a lot of the materials farming bullshit. It really should be one of the core modes of the game. 4 players with 4 defenders taking on large waves of enemies with various mutations feels pretty good.

I think there's a limit of 6 per day for rewards

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Also if there are 2 different heroes but they have the same exact job title they're the same essentially, right

Like a Penny Constructor Controller would be the same as Hazard Constructor Controller?

As far as I can tell yes, for example Headhunter and Halloween Jonesey are both Urban Assault soldiers with identical skills.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I just levelled up Dragon Ninja Sarahotep...was that wrong?

I hope it wasn't because I got 3 legendary blades in the melee llama I purchased

Dragon Ninja is really good. I personally think Dim Mak is better because of the shield regen but dragon has other defensive buffs and stronger swording.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

They really need to make the bears and shock towers either not single use or ludicrously powerful for the 10 seconds you get out of a fragment for them to really even be worth using. I like the idea of more fragments that do different stuff for the team.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

They've been pretty good about keeping events running and responding to feedback for the pve part. I mostly just log in to do some daily quests for free vbucks and make use of daily bonus exp while I wait for the winter event since I finished all the Fortnitemares stuff a while ago.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

I am kind of liking the way they did the gold as a standard mission reward, so you have incentive to get more points in missions so you get more gold from the chest at the end.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Huh, I thought elemental weapons did full damage to the same element and bonus damage to the weak one. I must be spoiled by my fire super shredder with crazy headshot bonuses.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

The loot boxes are also unrelated to BR afaik (I don't play BR tho)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

I've had people get mad at me maybe twice in all the time I've played this over starting things too soon. Some people got no chill

• Locked thread
«2 »