Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Game has some issues but overrall I had a pretty good time with it. Collecting things, building things and shooting things.

I am seconding the opinions that the initial start is way to slow and they should ramp the difficulty up. The inventory management and back-pack management is kind of a disaster and can be improved a lot.

The game keeps telling me about my storm shield inventory but I have no idea how to put things in it or see what is in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

ImpactVector posted:

If you go to your storm shield defense mission and access the storm shield computer thing there's a tab in the interface for some storage. I think it starts with like 5 slots? Mine had a bunch of ammo in it when I checked for some reason.

If you put things in it do you get to access it during missions?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

StabMasterArson posted:

Whats the playerbase for this like? The lack of people really talking about this and huge development time, it wouldnt surprise me if it's DOA

I don't think I have waited more than 20 seconds for a team all yesterday.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I have not invested any xp into traps, are there some good ones I should really consider putting points into it?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Equate posted:

Something about PVP in january with guilds etc...

I actually hope they can get a versus mode in. Make it 4v4 like L4d but the enemies are monster commanders. You get to pick where your bros spawn and at what ratio of different dudes. Theyll need to create some monster hero classes I guess but make it so the longer the game goes the more power they get to summon more and more dudes.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

AegisP posted:

As far as I'm aware, having also gotten that llama and also hearing about other people, that Jackpot Llama you get from the collection book (at level 13 I think?) does in fact always turn gold.

It gave me my Epic Ninja, and a Mythic Lead Survivor, among other things and is otherwise awesome.

I got two legenday schematics but they were both sniper rifles and snipers in any game can eat a dick.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Glenn Quebec posted:

Please. I knew this game was garbage with pubbies the minute I was on like mission five and it's like don't overbuild. Two minutes later, 31/30 objective failed.

I did this on my very first mission because Its the first mission you don't know wtf is going on and just want to go ham with building things since thats what they say the game is about.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Where do I find coal? I keep breaking rocks up but I'm getting nothing so I cant craft any drat guns!

In caves, they are the nodes that are super black colored, the slightly off black shade is something else. You get metal or stone but then usually one or two coal pieces. You can also find coal from search items. I've gotten a fair amount from campsites and containers around them.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I mean they should probably tone down the F2P, change the game to $30 B2P everyone gets all heros and weapons unlocked at grey quality. Then do all the currently random unlocks and upgrades but at a much less lovely chance. Can keep the paying for llama packs if you want.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Just a reminder when you are putting things in the collection book, it is the schematic not the items.

I dumped a bunch of xp into a schematic for a gun I liked, had a gun almost broken so I was like hey i'll just put it in the collections, good bye schematic.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Raged posted:

Jesus, I have hit a wall at 17. I have all my squads at 3 slots and levelled up all of them that I can and am out of survivor XP. poo poo is taking forever to kill.

This is quickly turning into a Korean style grind game

If you are thinking of buying it

DO NOT SPEND MONEY ON THIS GAME

Disagree.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I got an Epic Automatic sniper rifle, I evolved it and dump a bunch of xp into it and its pretty awesome. Just an AR with a scope when needed.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Build pyramid around objective, then build box around objective, then build bigger pyramid around objective.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Bogart posted:

So if I downloaded the free version of Fortnite on PSN, they'd let me download it, but not let me play it until next year or when I buy the Founder's Pack? Isn't that...super not cool?

Sounds like an error? It goes F2P next year, right now you have to pay money to play.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Xae posted:

There is a fun game in Fortnite but it seems burried under 50 different systems that only exist for monetization.

This is pretty accurate. I hope they clean it up some.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

socialsecurity posted:

Yeah it's a real problem, since schematics don't drop you are kinda screwed. You can tell the non-pay path of progression is to use expeditions to get survivors to use on transform keys but that literally takes weeks and weeks for a random purple.

What are keys? I have not seen anything that looks like a key yet.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

DarkDobe posted:

The outlander loot vision is handy enough - but there's a little detail some folks might overlook.

Do onyl some outlander get loot vision, or do you have to toggle it somehow? I have pretty much played only my outlander The dude that warps around and drops shock towers, and I haven't seen anything about loot vision.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

CrashCat posted:

Hmmm, 20 bucks would be about the right price. Are the codes platform-specific?

I think someone early said if you buy it for the PC, it'll work also on the PSN?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

That survival mode sounds pretty awesome actually. Going 4 hours seems a little over-board though, I think a solid hour and half to 2 hours should be really the max time though.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Bakalakadaka posted:

Pyramids looking cool is the only reason I ever build them.

Same.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

So do they have drive able cars for the battle royale mode?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Doorknob Slobber posted:

haha I called poo poo like this in the steam thread, at least they didn't put in a MOBA right?

Different game modes for different strokes whats the problem?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I mean I only made it to the second zone for PVE and I had fun but the thing that made me stop playing was basically their monetization scheme with the progression slamming you in the balls. I thought the core game minus that was still pretty drat good.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Have they added squads to the pvp yet?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

I loving hate PvP. If it works for you guys, great I guess.

Cool thanks!

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Dexie posted:

Just started playing this last night. I'm enjoying it, mostly, but uh...

Is there an easier way to get ammo? I feel like I'm having to go try to farm mats to make ammo every couple of missions.

At the start of the game youll have to do this for like bolts but the more you play youll get all your ammo maxed out and have so many bolts youll hardly have to think about it.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I assume the answer is no, but can you play split screen co-op on the console in this?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Battleye has been pretty good in other games in the past. I still remember when the flipped the switch on for it in Rainbow Six Siege, that was a funny night.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

uh oh pancho! posted:

People are starting to learn that the mire is a great starting location. My peaceful days of looting the swamp and then roaming the map with impunity are over.

We ran through there one time and there was a ton of loot and chest but everything was just white garbage. Maybe got one green?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Even without it being a bug the shottys do too much damage at range anyways making the already lack luster SMG's even more useless.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I won my first solo victory last week but I guess their stats page was down or something cause my stats say I have 0 solo victories and I don't have a special solo-win umbrella :saddowns:

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Maide posted:

Stats and rewards from placement are separate systems. You should contact customer support if you are missing rewards.

Hmm may do that. I hit print-screen to take a screenshot when I won but couldn't find a screenshot folder in the game directory. I'll look harder when I get home.

I may be under a mis-conception however, I thought getting a victory in each of the modes gave you a different skin. I have the umbrella from squad wins, do you not get different skins from other wins?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Maide posted:

You get an umbrella for your first win, for each game team-mode (solo, duos, and squad). So if you have only won a squad match, you will have the umbrella for squads, but not solo or duos, until you win in those modes. Currently all of the modes reward the same cosmetic umbrella, but if you purchase the PvE campaign, you also get a camouflage umbrella along with your win umbrella (and you get a camouflage glider as well)

So I have a camouflage umbrella and then like a blue-silver colored umbrella. Guess I got hosed on my solo win.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

The Bramble posted:

I picked up the $20 pve pack the other night and ended up pretty disappointed. No voice chat on PC so I can't talk to my PS4 friends (works fine in BR...), super confusing progression system that is never really explained and seems easy to gently caress up, and the pay-to-win loot pinatas are just a little too on-the-nose for me. My friends and all flailed around for a couple missions not knowing what was going on or why the game forced us to play with randos when we had less than 4, and then went back to BR. For how tacked on BR is compared to the games original PvE intentions, it's remarkably elegant and simple compared to Save the World.

Save the world is a fun PVE minecraft tower defense game mode that is hamstrung by a bunch of weird systems you usually find in mobile games and is pretty confusing. As for pay-to-win lama system you earn a fair amount of V-bucks now it seems just playing regular to afford those things, as well as the new Event and daily currencies. Also since it is PVE I guess I don't mind that much if someone drops hundreds of dollars on the game and makes my missions easier for me.

Oh also the first zone is entirely too easy and last for way to loving long.

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Jan 2, 2018

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Does the outlander bonus to loot only count for the basic wood, brick and steel? Or does that double % chance count for everything you pick up?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

stuxracer posted:

Ok thanks for the info. I will ask in general chat next time.

Are you using defenders? A lot of people poo poo on them but when it comes to storn defense missions I find defenders quite helpful. Just put them on a corner at the end of a kill hall and they can finish off anything that makes it through while you focus on other things.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Build the tower always seems to give you a level 5 chest if you build every tower.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I enjoy this game but I feel like the battle royale would be much more enjoyable if the bolt action didn't exist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Having to make ammo as well as weapons that lose durability is kind of lovely really.

• Locked thread