Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sioux
May 30, 2006

some ghoulish parody of humanity
So I've been playing this a lot the last two days. Cool game. But I only have the Battle Royale standalone. When I open it I see a PvE section but I cannot start it, it does say something about it becoming F2P later in 2018. Anyone know if that's true?

I like Fortnite BR, what incentive do I have right now to shell out 60 bux for Fortnite proper?

Add me on PSN: grizzlywilde, I now only play with 14 y/o British dudes and creepy mid-western mouthbreathers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sioux
May 30, 2006

Yeah it keeps putting me back in the queue.

Sioux
May 30, 2006

Seditiar posted:

Fortnite - Save the World (PvE) is 50% off currently. I'd definitely recommend picking it up while it's discounted. If anything you'll earn $20 worth of Vbucks pretty quickly.

I'd do it but is it worth it when mostly playing solo?
At least Fortnite BR can be played solo. If the game had any matchmaking for squads and duo's I'd love it even more, I hate to do that through 'Communities'. This is why I am hesitant at buying Save the World, since I don't have any friends to play it with. How viable is solo PvE?

Sioux
May 30, 2006

Coolness Averted posted:

for ps4 at least 1-20 where I've been playing it's decently doable, at least with using the matchmaker. I wouldn't wanna actually solo much without randoms. Of course by that point the difficulty is easy enough that it doesn't matter players usually work against each other rather than actually synergizing. Later on the game probably requires real teamwork and fort building synergy. But yeah games where "Ok only 2 people are doing the objective, and 2 others are putzing around and cranking up the difficulty" aren't fun.
Personally I think Save the World's playstyle is more fun just because I like horde shooters, and the chaos of a boss monster or other base wrecker just blowing a hole in your fort and then having to scramble to keep the husks out is fun, but I'm coming around the BR, even if I don't like how often it boils down to 2 dudes in giant towers sniping each other.

Ugh thanks for mentioning the matchmaker. I thought I was crazy, but finally spotted the 'fill squad' toggle. I thought there was no matchmaking in BR cause I'm an idiot. And thanks for the words about StW, I'll hold off until it's free. Wish I had some RL friends for this though.

Sioux
May 30, 2006

teagone posted:

I watch Ninja for his nutty gameplay, not his persona. He does some weird poo poo, like that pon pon dance thing. I usually just mute the tab when he starts acting stupid to play up to the stream monsters. I can't watch Myth because his play style puts me to sleep.

I can't stand any of the streamers. I only watch iTemp and Ali-A. They are really chill to watch and I spend more time watching their Fortnite BR videos than actually playing the game.

Sioux
May 30, 2006

teknetik posted:

Anyone running squads on the PS4? My regular group is flakey and dumb.

PSN = grizzlywilde
I'm a Eurogoon though so not sure how often we would actually be playing at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sioux
May 30, 2006

ahahaha that clip is awesome!

• Locked thread