Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
alnilam

I am terrible at absorbing information auditorily so i can't do talk radio or podcasts at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

It's a shame cuz friends always tell me that npr has some good programs but i get nothing from them, yet when i read npr transcripts it seems like really good journalism sometimes, it's just weird to read a transcript

Opal

some by their splendor rival the colors of the painters, others the flame of burning sulphur or of fire quickened by oil.
planet money is good, also every little thing by gimlet although their for-profit thing is getting kind of old and their constant pushing The Pitch, A Show Where Real Entrepreneurs Pitch To Real Investors - For Real Money

Scaly Haylie

alnilam posted:

I am terrible at absorbing information auditorily so i can't do talk radio or podcasts at all

Are you sure you haven't just been listening to bad podcasts? Try a good one.

alnilam

I tried several of the ones people say are good but i just can't absorb information from listening to a faceless person talk

Like radio news doesn't really work for me either, i read all my news even if it occasionally means reading the transcript of a newscast

AverySpecialfriend

by Hand Knit

Eugene V. Dabs posted:

ok good this is exactly the kind of content the yobcast needs--real yob culture.

*klaxon* *klaxon* *fart*

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
i mostly listen to them when im driving or doing something else but its hard to pay attention so I listen to episodes more than once

alnilam

I guess if i drove car i might try harder, maybe i would start listening to chappo to spite lizwiz :twisted:

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
ya ive heard of it but never listened. listening now take that lizard wizard :suezo:

Scaly Haylie

alnilam posted:

I guess if i drove car i might try harder, maybe i would start listening to chappo to spite lizwiz :twisted:

that'd really chappo my hideo i'm sure

Cyber Dog

they can b PRETTY obnoxious but are generally fun and have some good political insights and decent guests

Cyber Dog

i saw them live and it made me like them less

alnilam

chapo nap house zzzzzzzz

Cyber Dog

i call my cat's litter box "boppo crap house" (my cat's name)

alnilam

lol

alnilam

is your cat named after the ill-fated talking clown punching doll from that one Rashamon-inspired episode of rugrats

Cyber Dog

no i made it myself, i used to call my pets in videogames "boppo" as a kid, i never realized it was the name of a FREAK until i googled it. i dont like the association, the clown thing scares me

alnilam

oh sorry for bringing up bad memories :( it's a good name!

Cyber Dog

it's not your fault :) , i blame those rascally rats

alnilam

when you think about it rugrats is kind of a podcast with visual elements

Cyber Dog

i think i've only seen one episode of rugrats, i didnt have nickolodeon as a kid and it always freaked me out aesthetically when it was on at friend's houses. so in that sense it's like most podcasts in that i never really got into it

Cyber Dog

i like to think of podcasts as cartoons with all the freaky drawings stripped out. youre right

Scaly Haylie

rugrats was wild

Mariana Horchata

alnilam posted:

chapo nap house zzzzzzzz

congrats on naming the Yobcast! 😝

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The X-man cometh
I really like Totes Recall, where they pick an old movie, try to remember what was good (or bad) about it, and then watch the movie to see how it holds up. It works really well.

• Locked thread