Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

King of Solomon posted:

This is basically where I'm at. Between the Super Dragon Balls and this new information about ordinary Dragon Balls the opportunity to make Piccolo relevant is basically staring us in the face, but I just don't see Toriyama and Toyotaro following through with it.

Yeah, same. The entire arc is begging to have a Piccolo storyline (especially since there hasn't been any explained reason for why Kami left Namek for Earth in the first place, iirc, and you now have a prime opportunity to fix that), but instead he'll probably grunt and say something about how he'd rather stay home and not deal with any of that nonsense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Shinji2015 posted:

(especially since there hasn't been any explained reason for why Kami left Namek for Earth in the first place, iirc, and you now have a prime opportunity to fix that),

There was a terrible drought and the Nameless Namekian was sent away from Namek as a child while the rest of the Namekians except for Guru died out, not unlike Goku.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Funky Valentine posted:

There was a terrible drought and the Nameless Namekian was sent away from Namek as a child while the rest of the Namekians except for Guru died out, not unlike Goku.

Was that in the manga? My recollection of Guru talking about the Namekian was basically him going "oh, so that's what happened to him" when he found out that he made it to Earth

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

IIRC King Kai mentions the disaster that almost wipes the namekians out when they ask him about Namek after the battle against the saiyans, and I believe Popo is the one that recounts Kami's backstory when he shows Bulma his old spaceship.

Petiso fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Feb 24, 2021

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Did the Namekians ever think about ... using the Dragon Balls? Seems like they could have been handy a coupe of times

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

multijoe posted:

Did the Namekians ever think about ... using the Dragon Balls? Seems like they could have been handy a coupe of times
they did use the earth balls to get a quick trip to new namek

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

multijoe posted:

I think it was mentioned (in the manga at least) that fixing the drought was too much for for their old Guru, so the DBs weren't useful then.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

His one strategy is "stand completely prone for long stretches of time and hope over people are able to cover for me", would it kill him to come up with another trick

hey that's not fair

sometimes he covers other people while they stand still for long stretches of time

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Clothes beam

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Yeah why isn't he just always clothes beaming heavy rear end clothes onto his enemies.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Piccolo might get the spotlight one day, but it'll firmly always be the Goku and Vegeta show.

Or in other words, the Goku show.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I'm in love with the Bojack movie one. Definitely my favourite design for Trunks, and Fenyo's art is so good.

https://twitter.com/Renaldo_Saiyan/status/1364733431809273856

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

TheHan posted:

Yeah why isn't he just always clothes beaming heavy rear end clothes onto his enemies.

Like Kira from Bleach. Just make them too heavy to move. "Every time you hit me I will add a new pair of heavier shoes to you!"

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

TheHan posted:

It's like how dragons can't do anything beyond the power of their creator, he can't make clothes that weigh beyond his own power level

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Homora Gaykemi posted:

It's like how dragons can't do anything beyond the power of their creator, he can't make clothes that weigh beyond his own power level

He just has to charge for a while to use his Super Clothes Cannon

The_Final_Stand
Nov 2, 2013

So cute and cuddly
The Makanclothesappo

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Stylish jeans cannon

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

https://twitter.com/nocontextmugen/status/1365061403409809409?s=20

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

lets k*ll this guy https://twitter.com/tvtuners/status/1366966675405438977?s=20

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
1. you're really bad at jokes stairmaster

2. he's not wrong that movie's not great

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

stairmaster tricked you because that's his twitter

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

the broly movie was a better freeza movie than the actual freeza movie

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Blockhouse posted:

1. you're really bad at jokes stairmaster

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Freiza needs a spin off of a single season where it follows him rebuilding his empire and being weirdly chill thanks to his newfound power/confidence while he recruits folks and razzles the hell out of his inner circle

ButterSkeleton
Jan 19, 2020

SIZE=XX-LARGE]PLEASE! PLEASE STOP SAYING THE R WORD. GOD, IF SOMEBODY SAID THE R WORD, I WILL HECKIN LOSE IT. JUST PEE PEE MY JORTS. CAN'T YOU JUST CALL THEM A SMOOTHE BRAINED DOTARD LIKE THE REST OF US NORMAL PEOPLE? DERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

P.S. FREE LARRY YOU FUCKIN COWARDS.
Freeza is just rebuilding his space nazi hell army, which excites goku because he gets to punch demon hitler again

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
With how far Goku's outpaced Freeza in powerups the lil guy's well on his way to the Piccolo Tier

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Ultra Instinct Frieza.

There, i said it.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be

TheHan posted:

With how far Goku's outpaced Freeza in powerups the lil guy's well on his way to the Piccolo Tier

I'm not convinced Goku takes the win cleanly without Ultra Instinct, Freeza's sorta ambiguously high tier

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

They were broadly even without UI as a factor in the ToP. But even with the nerfed manga MUI you have to think Goku is overwhelmingly stronger again now he can seemingly call it on demand

No Dignity fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Mar 3, 2021

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Isn't Frieza really only even with Goku without the Kaioken SSB stuff involved also?

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

christmas boots posted:

Ultra Instinct Frieza.

There, i said it.

Ultra Extinct

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Why are we calling the manga version of MUI nerfed? He still absolutely demolished Moro with it. If anything it was even less close than it was with Jiren.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Blockhouse posted:

Why are we calling the manga version of MUI nerfed? He still absolutely demolished Moro with it. If anything it was even less close than it was with Jiren.

In the anime Beeeus was like: that's it, the absolute apex of martial arts in its perfect, mastered form and then in the manga Whis says well its a bit mastered I guess, but nothing special really and then trivially styles on Goku like it's nothing at all, which kind of took the wind out its sails a little imo

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Much like Cell using the Spirit Bomb, Frieza can tap into Ultra Instinct by being Ultra Evil: utterly letting go of himself and allowing the purity of evil to guide his actions, automatically doing all the most evil things possible every instant

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Blockhouse posted:

Because Manga version MUI is just Super Saiyan Silver instead of having the style of the anime version.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

That one chapter where Goku really goes beast mode on Moro was pretty good to be fair, that was like the only time I felt it really tried to capture the spirit of the anime choreography though

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

multijoe posted:

In the anime Beeeus was like: that's it, the absolute apex of martial arts in its perfect, mastered form and then in the manga Whis says well its a bit mastered I guess, but nothing special really and then trivially styles on Goku like it's nothing at all, which kind of took the wind out its sails a little imo

tbf this was always going to be the case. Saying there's a peak that you can't go any higher from is antithetical to both dragonball and martial arts philosophy.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Blockhouse posted:

tbf this was always going to be the case. Saying there's a peak that you can't go any higher from is antithetical to both dragonball and martial arts philosophy.

Sure but it's still a nerf, like how super saiyan went from being the climax of the entire Z storyline to that point and the culmination of a thousand year old alien prophesy to absolutely no big deal over the space of a couple of volumes. I get why it has to happen to make future arcs work but it's still cutting the legs out of something which very recently had a huge amount of narrative importance

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

projecthalaxy posted:

Much like Cell using the Spirit Bomb, Frieza can tap into Ultra Instinct by being Ultra Evil: utterly letting go of himself and allowing the purity of evil to guide his actions, automatically doing all the most evil things possible every instant

Didn't Beerus just give a speech like that to Vegeta actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Beerus' speech wasn't specifically about evil but how you can't really tap into Destruction if you have anything hindering you, which would explain both his extremely flexible morality and how Toppo could only access the God of Destruction powers after letting go of his ideals